+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hey Pearcy

Hey Pearcy

What the hell is your team doing they look so good

Re: Hey Pearcy

Cheers Jeeps. We have some technically great players.

I appreciate that Bournemouth are a better team than us, but it would be nice to see Harry Wilson put in the sort of performance that David Brooks did in the second half this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You just need to do the same every game.Your forwards are very good.

It's just like watching Cardiff City!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    You just need to do the same every game.Your forwards are very good.
    It’s all about injuries. We had nine out at one stage including all of our strikers. Now players are coming back from injury and we are looking strong. Long way to go but we have a real chance of top two.

It’s all about injuries. We had nine out at one stage including all of our strikers. Now players are coming back from injury and we are looking strong. Long way to go but we have a real chance of top two.
    Do you miss elm Park?

I do

Used to get soaked in that away end though

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you miss elm Park?

I do

Used to get soaked in that away end though
    Yes and no. Yes for the atmosphere in floodlit midweek games. No in that I’m only 5 ft 5 and there were some games when it was packed out where I couldn’t see a bloody thing. It was also more pleasant taking my lad when he was little to the Madejski. Really hacked off not going to games this season. We did two games in December but tonight we would have had 20,000 at the game and it would have been brilliant.

I went to a business lunch at the Madjeski. The place was very very smart (with a great view of the pitch) but empty apart from us. I had a drive around the area afterwards. Parking on match days must be a nightmare. Reading look a really good side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I went to a business lunch at the Madjeski. The place was very very smart (with a great view of the pitch) but empty apart from us. I had a drive around the area afterwards. Parking on match days must be a nightmare. Reading look a really good side now.
    shuttle buses from train station

Or coach , as an away fan I prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Parking is great. Just use the park and ride at Mereoak. Costs a fiver and I get in and out of the stadium without the hassle of all the match day traffic. I drive to Mereoak which is only a mile off the M4

Just one thing about our club. We have been a shambles in recent seasons and are still in the mire over FFP but the one thing we have done very well is our Academy. We had five starters from our Academy last night two of whom are Reading fans. It shows in their commitment on the pitch.

Just one thing about our club. We have been a shambles in recent seasons and are still in the mire over FFP but the one thing we have done very well is our Academy. We had five starters from our Academy last night two of whom are Reading fans. It shows in their commitment on the pitch.
    It shows the likes of us that it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    It shows the likes of us that it can be done.
    Absolutely. There will be plenty of young Welsh lads who will be coming through the system. For clubs like ours it has to be the way ahead.

I have really enjoyed watching Reading this season. Got some really good players and they play with a freedom to express themselves that you don’t often see afforded to teams these days.

I do fear that if they don’t go up this season they will be forced to sell and that side will get broken up. Commentator was saying last night Bayern Munich are sniffing around Omar Richards

Who knew Joao was such a fantastic player? Always thought he was just a big lump at Wednesday. He’s got terrific feet for a big fella.

Parking is great. Just use the park and ride at Mereoak. Costs a fiver and I get in and out of the stadium without the hassle of all the match day traffic. I drive to Mereoak which is only a mile off the M4
    I’m not fussed at all on the location, I’m more for having the ground within easy walking distance of an area such as Canton, pubs, cafes etc rather than being amongst PC World, Ikea, B & Q and the like. Years ago though we were in an area of Reading, it must have been prior to an Elm Park game, with pubs, clubs etc. Every pub we tried was reluctant to let City fans in, anyway we try a local working mans’ club, looked like a shop from the outside with net curtains in the windows. The obligatory bloke on the door asks, “Are you members?” Negative, “Are you from Cardiff?” Negative. He’s still doubtful until the late sadly missed Derek Smith pulls out his trump card, his CIU membership with Cathays Liberal Club, Cardiff clearly displayed on the front, shows it to the doorman. Doorman, laughs, let’s us in and on leaving even invited us back if we wanted to after the game. The MacDonalds by the Madjeski sadly doesn’t have the same romance.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m not fussed at all on the location, I’m more for having the ground within easy walking distance of an area such as Canton, pubs, cafes etc rather than being amongst PC World, Ikea, B & Q and the like. Years ago though we were in an area of Reading, it must have been prior to an Elm Park game, with pubs, clubs etc. Every pub we tried was reluctant to let City fans in, anyway we try a local working mans’ club, looked like a shop from the outside with net curtains in the windows. The obligatory bloke on the door asks, “Are you members?” Negative, “Are you from Cardiff?” Negative. He’s still doubtful until the late sadly missed Derek Smith pulls out his trump card, his CIU membership with Cathays Liberal Club, Cardiff clearly displayed on the front, shows it to the doorman. Doorman, laughs, let’s us in and on leaving even invited us back if we wanted to after the game. The MacDonalds by the Madjeski sadly doesn’t have the same romance.
    I love the Millennium Stadium - think it's genuinely one of the best stadiums in the world. For a Saturday big event game it's absolutely fantastic

But in all honesty when I only wanted to get to the game I could get from Caerphilly to the CCS in 20-25 minutes parked, in and out and back home (with luck) in the same time. It was much better for a season ticket

You make a good point there.. not only have they come through the academy a couple are fans as well

More likely to give 100% and supporters will not get on their backs so quickly during poor performances as they “are one of their own”

Every little helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I have really enjoyed watching Reading this season. Got some really good players and they play with a freedom to express themselves that you don’t often see afforded to teams these days.

I do fear that if they don’t go up this season they will be forced to sell and that side will get broken up. Commentator was saying last night Bayern Munich are sniffing around Omar Richards

Who knew Joao was such a fantastic player? Always thought he was just a big lump at Wednesday. He’s got terrific feet for a big fella.
    Agree with all of this. If we don’t go up we will lose Olise in the summer. We may well lose Richards for nothing. This team is a joy to watch, Apart from pens Joao has been fantastic this season.

Good stuff Splotty P. Hope you’re better btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    You make a good point there.. not only have they come through the academy a couple are fans as well

More likely to give 100% and supporters will not get on their backs so quickly during poor performances as they “are one of their own”

Every little helps!!!
    Yep and there is that little bit of extra pride when the Academy boys do well.

Good stuff Splotty P. Hope you’re better btw.
    Thanks Pearcey, been around the corner to the shop this morning for a short stroll, bit short of breath but things are looking better by the day...............until 3pm Saturday when the City kick off!!!!!!!

Thanks Pearcey, been around the corner to the shop this morning for a short stroll, bit short of breath but things are looking better by the day...............until 3pm Saturday when the City kick off!!!!!!!
    That’s good to hear. Sounds like you’re on the mend. I can’t believe how bad your boys are doing. It has to be sorted out. Going down would be unthinkable considering where Cardiff have been over the past 15 years

I think we both agreed at the time that the white spirit B&Q sells tastes a lot better than the Wickes own brand we're used to..

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Ejaria ruined us at their place last season