+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can Someone Tell Me About Podcasts Please....?

Can Someone Tell Me About Podcasts Please....?

I feel i'm missing out on something here, I have an Iphone and good headphones:

Do I need to download anything, in order to play podcasts?

Do I then use whichever app to download the podcasts?

Do they delete after a period of time or do you need to delete them?

Can you part listen (ie pause and pick up again at that point)?

Any recommendations for good podcasts?

Thanks in anticipation of any help.

Re: Can Someone Tell Me About Podcasts Please....?

Do I need to download anything, in order to play podcasts? No you'll have a podcast app on your phone. But I like using spotify personally

Do I then use whichever app to download the podcasts? You don't have to download the podcasts they can play as a stream

Do they delete after a period of time or do you need to delete them? Depends on your settings

Can you part listen (ie pause and pick up again at that point)? Yes if you have a iphone it'll remember where you left off

Any recommendations for good podcasts? Loads but my personal recommendation is the Socially Distant Sports Bar - Elis James Mike Bubbins and Steff Guerro. You'll laugh for hours

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Do I need to download anything, in order to play podcasts? No, but you can play them on things like I Tunes, Spotify and BBC Sounds.

Do I then use whichever app to download the podcasts? See above.

Do they delete after a period of time or do you need to delete them? I think you need to delete them yourself, but it's probably best if someone who is more savvy with them answers that.

Can you part listen (ie pause and pick up again at that point)? Yes.

Any recommendations for good podcasts? Elis James' feast of football and A bit of Swazz are good City related ones to start with, but there are Podcasts for virtually every subject you can think of.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Do I need to download anything, in order to play podcasts?

Do I then use whichever app to download the podcasts?

Do they delete after a period of time or do you need to delete them?

Can you part listen (ie pause and pick up again at that point)?

Any recommendations for good podcasts?

If you've got an iphone I think there might be a podcasts app on there, and if not you can download that and it's very easy to use.

I'll second the above recommendations - Socially Distanced Sports Bar is hilarious, A Bit of Swazz is good for City, Elis James's Feast of Football for Welsh football fans, and I also like the Guardian Football Weekly.

Not heard of the Socially Distant Sports Bar ... just downloaded it to listen when walking the dog!

I’ve recently discovered “Brian & Roger” after reading it had won several comedy awards ... it’s absolute genius!

Try "The Missing Crypto Queen", "The Search For Ghislaine Maxwell" and "Death In Ice Valley".
    All are factual and programmes about intriguing and elusive females involved in nefarious activities

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Try "The Missing Crypto Queen", "The Search For Ghislaine Maxwell" and "Death In Ice Valley".
    All are factual and programmes about intriguing and elusive females involved in nefarious activities
    Loved the Missing Crypo Queen ... have just added the others to my list!

Boxing Life Stories is a great listen.

Athletico mince is my favourite podcast by far, don’t start at the start though it doesn’t find its feet until about 20 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    Loved the Missing Crypo Queen ... have just added the others to my list!
    You won't be disappointed, old fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Athletico mince is my favourite podcast by far, don’t start at the start though it doesn’t find its feet until about 20 in.
    Same here.
    It’s genius!

I really enjoyed Stephen Fry’s “Great Leap Years”.
    He basically manages to condense human progress from the dawn of time to pre pandemic in a small number of episodes.
    I highly recommend it.

Bit more off kilter but worth a listen are True Crime Enthusiast - start about 10 or so in as the quality of earlier ones is poor - really well researched podcats on true crimes from the UK. The host adds his own brand of sarcasm and wit which works well. Also if that floats your boat then try True Crime Garage which mainly focuses on US crimes but does cover some other stuff from around the world. It may sound macabre listening to true tales of real life crimes but it is fascinating in equal parts. There are some righ headcases out there. To pick a couple at random the Delphi Murders is horrible listening but such a bizarre case and the West Memphis Three is captivating. I also really liked the original Ricky Gervais podcast if you can still stream that from somewhere.

Thanks all.