+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans struggle with stadium bans

Fans struggle with stadium bans

Can't argue with this, I really didn't realise how much the comradry and release of a match day meant to me. Add to that the gym, my mental health support, being taken away and I'm really struggling this third lockdown.

If it's taught me one thing it's too be massively grateful for the supposed"little things" that we used to take for granted.

Never will I miss another City game for as long as I live (outside influences permitting obviously).

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...m-ban-12202826

Re: Fans struggle with stadium bans

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Can't argue with this, I really didn't realise how much the comradry and release of a match day meant to me. Add to that the gym, my mental health support, being taken away and I'm really struggling this third lockdown.

If it's taught me one thing it's too be massively grateful for the supposed"little things" that we used to take for granted.

Never will I miss another City game for as long as I live (outside influences permitting obviously).

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...m-ban-12202826
    What fantastic work those groups are doing

Takes a lot of guts for blokes to admit they are struggling

Its easy to say but when football really is your life it must be hard

Hobbies like running , swimming , the gym , concerts , for me , fishing , having a curry with your friends , whatever it is , its been hit

I can't think the current plight of Sunderland is helping those guys much either

CALM 0800 585858

Did the city fan who was cycling around every ground finish it in the end? I was following his progress up until he was doing the Lancashire clubs but I didn’t see any updates after that. He was doing it for a very good mental health charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Did the city fan who was cycling around every ground finish it in the end? I was following his progress up until he was doing the Lancashire clubs but I didn’t see any updates after that. He was doing it for a very good mental health charity.
    I didn't get an update , I hope he's OK

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I didn't get an update , I hope he's OK
    Yes, he used to be a regular poster on the old MB under the name 'Laz', he completed all grounds just in time for lockdown #2, ending at Cardiff City Stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Yes, he used to be a regular poster on the old MB under the name 'Laz', he completed all grounds just in time for lockdown #2, ending at Cardiff City Stadium...
    I gave him 150 quid , good lad for his efforts 👏

I do miss going to the stadium, but this lockdown does mean I can watch every single game. And it's probably saving me a bit of money as well....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I do miss going to the stadium, but this lockdown does mean I can watch every single game. And it's probably saving me a bit of money as well....
    I miss it terribly as well, perhaps away games more than home due to the ‘day out’ experience but watching the QPR game the other night, the dire weather, poor display and the outcome did, for the first time, give me a ‘thank f*ck’ feeling. The rush home from work, the rush to the ground in shite weather and the trip home with no victory after glow. Hopefully this is the perfect season for lockdown.

I miss it to.Even the rubbish games.
    It's going to be a long road back.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I miss it to.Even the rubbish games.
    It's going to be a long road back.
    several years mate