+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NM-L to Middlesbrough - CONFIRMED

NM-L to Middlesbrough - CONFIRMED

Rumours this evening

Re: NM-L to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Rumours this evening
    Very disappointed if what he's supposedly done is nowhere near what we've been expecting. We've missed him massively this season

If it was just a 6 month ban then you have to wonder if it was worth taking the hit for 6 months. He would easily start for us.

Arguably [actually not] our most effective winger in the club by a distant. Going to a club fighting for relegation [alongside us]. It beggars the question, if Derby are prepared to take him why aren't City prepared to give him a second chance.

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Arguably [actually not] our most effective winger in the club by a distant. Going to a club fighting for relegation [alongside us]. It beggars the question, if Derby are prepared to take him why aren't City prepared to give him a second chance.
    Perhaps they had already given him a second chance on whatever it was, but didn't broadcast it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Perhaps they had already given him a second chance on whatever it was, but didn't broadcast it.
    True there comes a point.
    However Derby have a great deal if true, he's clearly kept himself very fit. If true I feel we have lost an asset for a few months wages.... Which maybe could have been fined for?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    However Derby have a great deal if true, he's clearly kept himself very fit. If true I feel we have lost an asset for a few months wages.... Which maybe could have been fined for?
    Match fit is a different level of fitness regardless of how well he’s looked after himself in his 6 months off.

If it was just a 6 month ban then you have to wonder if it was worth taking the hit for 6 months. He would easily start for us.
    If it has been a 6 month ban for recreational drug use then it would be a second "offence", i.e. we have previously been paying him while serving a 3 month first "offence" ban. Seems quite right to cancel his contract in those circumstances not least as it implies that there is significant likelihood of it happening again.

He blew hot and cold too much for my liking. Brilliant in one game, anonymous in the next.

I wouldn't have chucked him out permanently because he was an excellent player ,which is what counts, but I remember he was previously chucked out of another club ( one of the midlands clubs ? ) for unspecified bad behaviour so who knows how difficult he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I wouldn't have chucked him out permanently because he was an excellent player ,which is what counts, but I remember he was previously chucked out of another club ( one of the midlands clubs ? ) for unspecified bad behaviour so who knows how difficult he actually is.
    I think he had attitude problems at Peterborough

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    You can’t keep someone because “he’s an excellent player” if he’s seriously done something wrong a player has to go. You can’t have one rule for one and another for someone else.

Why all the love for NML? He's OK. But his game is limited. And he wasn't an automatic selection.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He blew hot and cold too much for my liking. Brilliant in one game, anonymous in the next.
    Agree and tended to run in straight lines ,didn't seem to have the balance and finesse of Holiet , who can play off either foot.

You’ve got to have rules in the workplace and you’d like to think that these rules apply equally to every employee across the board. Unfortunately in football some very talented but wayward players have pushed the one rule for me and another for the rest situation way too far, the clubs have turned a blind eye because he’s one of their best players. As fans I s’pose we want our stars in the side regardless but it must test the morale and tempers of the rest of the playing staff seeing one f*cker getting away with it regularly.

You appear to be making light of something that was obviously very serious. A professional football club does not just throw away the registration of a player worth hundreds of thousands of pounds without a very good reason.

He wasn't banned, he was sacked by the club, presumably for gross misconduct.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Very disappointed if what he's supposedly done is nowhere near what we've been expecting. We've missed him massively this season
    You have absolutely no idea what he did and really it is nothing to do with anyone other than the club and player. It must have been something very serious otherwise the club wouldn't have cancelled his registration. If it was a trivial matter the player would have been happy to release details but he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You appear to be making light of something that was obviously very serious. A professional football club does not just throw away the registration of a player worth hundreds of thousands of pounds without a very good reason.
    Özil?

He wasn't banned, he was sacked by the club, presumably for gross misconduct.
    Yeah I know that but I would be confident in saying he is also banned from playing at the moment otherwise someone would have picked him up.

You have absolutely no idea what he did and really it is nothing to do with anyone other than the club and player. It must have been something very serious otherwise the club wouldn't have cancelled his registration. If it was a trivial matter the player would have been happy to release details but he hasn't.
    I haven't but if other clubs are already sniffing around it can't have been as dramatic as first thought. What I do know is the people that run our football club and I have zero faith in any of their decisions

Heisenberg

Burgstaller, Guerra, Cala, Kim Bo-Kyung, Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Lex Immers, Macheda and Dikgacoi all had their contracts mutually terminated despite being worth "hundreds of thousands of pounds".

Are you saying that Cardiff City aren't "professional"?! Shame on you! You're always slagging off the club!

Now being linked with Boro to team up again with Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why all the love for NML? He's OK. But his game is limited. And he wasn't an automatic selection.
    Because he is leaving ...

And if he scores a goal anytime soon ....

Did we ever find out why he was sacked?