+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NM-L to Middlesbrough - CONFIRMED

Re: NM-L to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Did we ever find out why he was sacked?
    I heard that he was helping his brothers business activities

I believe it was something to do with the laundry business in that what went in dirty was washed by a rich footballer and came out clean on the other side.

So whilst he wasn't involved with taking anything and isn't the primary offender - it would have had an affect on his employment status

I cannot believe for a moment he will not end up with Warnock as soon as he legally can

Kick and chase merchant.

Brilliant when has the space. One of the worst when he doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Kick and chase merchant.

Brilliant when has the space. One of the worst when he doesn’t
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

I believe it was something to do with the laundry business in that what went in dirty was washed by a rich footballer and came out clean on the other side.

So whilst he wasn't involved with taking anything and isn't the primary offender - it would have had an affect on his employment status

I cannot believe for a moment he will not end up with Warnock as soon as he legally can
    If that was true, surely there'd be a criminal case and it would be a matter of public record.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Burgstaller, Guerra, Cala, Kim Bo-Kyung, Magnus Wolff Eikrem, Lex Immers, Macheda and Dikgacoi all had their contracts mutually terminated despite being worth "hundreds of thousands of pounds".

Are you saying that Cardiff City aren't "professional"?! Shame on you! You're always slagging off the club!
    Even you should realise that there is a slight difference between sacking a first team player for misconduct and releasing one because he is useless, not wanted any more or to get his wages off the payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Even you should realise that there is a slight difference between sacking a first team player for misconduct and releasing one because he is useless, not wanted any more or to get his wages off the payroll.
    Were those players useless?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Now you're slagging off the club for mismanaging finances on signing useless players who they had to get rid of for free!

Do you even support the club?!

Re: NM-L to Derby (updated maybe Middlesbrough)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If that was true, surely there'd be a criminal case and it would be a matter of public record.
    The CPS need more evidence to bring criminal charges than an employer needs to sack someone.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    The CPS need more evidence to bring criminal charges than an employer needs to sack someone.
    Its probably bollocks

But not as much bollocks as us sacking a player without giving us a reason why - who scored 2 goals at Man Utd, who was an integral part of our promotion team and we've not got a penny for him

Now that is real bollocks - did he make a pass at Tans mother FFS - why sack him and let Warnock have him for nothing - it just doesn't make sense

Its probably bollocks

But not as much bollocks as us sacking a player without giving us a reason why - who scored 2 goals at Man Utd, who was an integral part of our promotion team and we've not got a penny for him

Now that is real bollocks - did he make a pass at Tans mother FFS - why sack him and let Warnock have him for nothing - it just doesn't make sense
    Agreed, not surprised though as our club is run by clowns

If NML did nothing wrong, he'd have been signed by someone else months ago. I'd say given it's nearly 6 months since his sacking, it's almost certainly a drugs ban that they don't have to/can't disclose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If NML did nothing wrong, he'd have been signed by someone else months ago. I'd say given it's nearly 6 months since his sacking, it's almost certainly a drugs ban that they don't have to/can't disclose.
    The PFA were also surprisingly quiet which suggests the clubs case for dismissal was sound.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The PFA were also surprisingly quiet which suggests the clubs case for dismissal was sound.
    He's not sued for wrongful dismissal etc. I suppose the club had to consider whether to keep paying his wages for 6 months, when he would have been out of contract in 5 months after that. 6 months to the day since our defeat to Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Agreed, not surprised though as our club is run by clowns
    I understood the club had the backing of the players union, all very strange.
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 01-02-21 at 18:57. Reason: Meant to quote Ponty....

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I understood the club had the backing of the players union, all very strange.
    Fair enough, I didn't know that. It's just the lack of detail around the situation that doesn't help anyone. Just tell us why he left and we'll move on

Fair enough, I didn't know that. It's just the lack of detail around the situation that doesn't help anyone. Just tell us why he left and we'll move on
    They probably can't.

He's not sued for wrongful dismissal etc. I suppose the club had to consider whether to keep paying his wages for 6 months, when he would have been out of contract in 5 months after that. 6 months to the day since our defeat to Fulham.
    That's a good point.

I always felt MNL had a health issue and it affected his performances especially in cold/damp weather.
    It seemed to be better managed by him/the club towards the end, and he was an effective player, if only in a bit-part role.
    For me the most exciting time to watch City in recent years was when he and Zohore were on their game in the early Warnock days.
    There were several 'out of ya seat' moments - and I also remember him skinning the Liverpool left back.
    I can see why clubs would want him at Championship level.

They probably can't.
    Maybe mate, just frustrating to lose one of our best players in such unclear circumstances. Doesn't help that we're struggling this year either.

Maybe mate, just frustrating to lose one of our best players in such unclear circumstances. Doesn't help that we're struggling this year either.
    Agreed but if you connect the dots, they can't say why they sacked him (or haven't), it's 6 months to the day we played Fulham and the PFA backed the club. That sounds an awful lot like a recreational drug offence to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I always felt MNL had a health issue and it affected his performances especially in cold/damp weather. .
    You should have spoken to Neil Warnock about your feeing, it might have meant he could have avoided a dip in form. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...endez-14144481

Agreed but if you connect the dots, they can't say why they sacked him (or haven't), it's 6 months to the day we played Fulham and the PFA backed the club. That sounds an awful lot like a recreational drug offence to me.
    Players are randomly selected for post-match drug tests, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Players are randomly selected for post-match drug tests, aren't they?
    I think so, again, I have absolutely no knowledge of that but it seems to make sense.

Surely there would a hearing and the ban would be taken from the hearing date. It’s not like he’s in prison on remand so any sentence is back dated.