+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NM-L to Middlesbrough - CONFIRMED

Re: NM-L to Derby (updated maybe Middlesbrough)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think so, again, I have absolutely no knowledge of that but it seems to make sense.
    About as much sense as Surges transfer criteria

Players have had drug charges before and the club would just usually say they’re injured for 6 months.

Surely we wouldn’t just sack him over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Players have had drug charges before and the club would just usually say they’re injured for 6 months.

Surely we wouldn’t just sack him over that.
    If he's on 20k a week, that's 500k over 6 months, and he was out of contract in the summer maybe they would? It's probably not criminal since nothing's happened and plenty of clubs tried to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If he's on 20k a week, that's 500k over 6 months, and he was out of contract in the summer maybe they would? It's probably not criminal since nothing's happened and plenty of clubs tried to sign him.
    Really? That goalkeeper who killed 2 kids when drink driving got a club on release from prison. Football has no morals if they think someone can do a job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Really? That goalkeeper who killed 2 kids when drink driving got a club on release from prison. Football has no morals if they think someone can do a job for them.
    Surely we'd know if it was criminal, or if he hasn't been charged then he still could? He's been signed 6 months to the day we played our last game, I would suggest that isn't a coincidence.

Heisenberg

Luke McCormick. Lee Hughes had no trouble finding a series of clubs after his release from prison for causing death by dangerous driving either.

If I was the club I’d sue him and make Boro pay

Re: NM-L to Middlesbrough - CONFIRMED

Signing confirmed

Crazy that he is allowed to move to a rival. He should have been reinstated after serving his 6 month absence. The City have lost out; Boro have gained from our misfortune or stupidity- call it want you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Crazy that he is allowed to move to a rival. He should have been reinstated after serving his 6 month absence. The City have lost out; Boro have gained from our misfortune or stupidity- call it want you want.
    Why should it be any different to ‘normal’ life, if I get sacked from my company for gross misconduct there is nothing to stop me from getting a new role with a new company is there?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Why should it be any different to ‘normal’ life, if I get sacked from my company for gross misconduct there is nothing to stop me from getting a new role with a new company is there?
    Breach of contract. We should sue him.

Warnock goes to the same hair colourist as Paul McCartney.

Breach of contract. We should sue him.
    Potentially could, but that wouldn’t preclude him from taking another job. It happens very rarely in business life mind, even when people are bang to rights.

Potentially could, but that wouldn’t preclude him from taking another job. It happens very rarely in business life mind, even when people are bang to rights.
    Chelsea sued Mutu because he had to serve a ban due to taking drugs

Didn’t say it never happened, just very rare. With our legal record, he would end up with record damages.

Football has no morals if they think someone can do a job for them.
    Sorry to say that I have to agree that football is as morally poor as this. Almost always it comes down to money e.g. Bosnich being sacked as Chelsea really wanted shot of him, same as Mutu. Like it's been pointed out, sticking by him would have cost CCFC ~500k in (lost) wages. Then they have to either re-sign him in 5 months time or try and recuperate at least 500k from his sale (and this bearing in mind that probably everybody in the football world now knows what was/is the issue). Looks to me like somebody's had that piece of paper with a line down the middle and + and - on either side and gave it a no.

Wonder if they ever got anything back from him?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    But you're assuming the "6 month absense" as some kind of punishment and you have aboslutely nothing to base it on. He was sacked for doing something sackable, which clearly the club seriously did not like. End of!

Almost certain that he'll score on the 27th then! (Middlesborough vs City)

Well I suppose CV and reference as to when and why you left employment, if one is not convinced of the explanation you move onto the next application if the previous employer doesn't supply a CV / reference somethings up .

Let be fair there are no real rules in football employment , and you cannot match them too normal life , some behaviors not excepted in the business/industry world are simply overlooked in football , as looked as long as it brings glory

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But you're assuming the "6 month absense" as some kind of punishment and you have aboslutely nothing to base it on. He was sacked for doing something sackable, which clearly the club seriously did not like. End of!
    Good on Cardiff City I say for being big enough to do the right thing no one player is bigger than the club

Yet they could have fined and suspended him and put him on the transfer list. He was a very sought after player at the time they sacked him, and they certainly could have recouped quite a big fee.
    No idea why we think we can just throw assets like this away.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Yet they could have fined and suspended him and put him on the transfer list. He was a very sought after player at the time they sacked him, and they certainly could have recouped quite a big fee.
    How much do you think he would be worth with a few months left on his contract and having not played for 6 months. I think I read even Boro have given him just a 6 month contract so doubt anyone would be paying any big fee.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No one knows exactly why his contract was cancelled, so all the speculation in the World will not give an answer. You do not know if they could have fined him, or suspended him. It’s about time everyone accepted they don’t know and just let it go. It’s history.