+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Clubs Near The Trap Door

Big Clubs Near The Trap Door

Forest
    Birmingham
    Wednesday

Re: Big Clubs Near The Trap Door

Derby aren't a million miles away, there'll be at least one "big club" going down this season, possibly 2 considering Rotherham's games in hand

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Forest
    Birmingham
    Wednesday
    Cardiff City

Birmingham a big club?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Cardiff City
    We won’t go down. When Brown is back this week Mick can play 4 centre half’s. 2 full backs. 3 defensive midfielders. Hoof it to Moore. Safety first football.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We won’t go down. When Brown is back this week Mick can play 4 centre half’s. 2 full backs. 3 defensive midfielders. Hoof it to Moore. Safety first football.
    Pick up 3 wins and 10 draws in our remaining 20 games and we stay up.

Birmingham a big club?
    They are bigger than us , put it that way

They are bigger than us , put it that way
    Not these days they are not

Not these days they are not
    historically they have spent longer in the top two divisions than us and have had bigger crowds

Bigger club than us

Sheffield Wednesday , Derby , bigger clubs than us

historically they have spent longer in the top two divisions than us and have had bigger crowds

Bigger club than us

Does that make a fig of difference to things as of now? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Does that make a fig of difference to things as of now? No.
    Yes because if we went down we could go into free fall

Leeds , Wednesday , Forest , Derby are big enough clubs to pull themselves back out

Bigger club than us

History Smishtory

Birmingham haven’t been in the PL for the last decade and their crowds are smaller than ours.

I used to go to St Andrews regularly when my cousin played for them. They are a similar sized club to us and certainly wouldn’t class them as a “big club” not like a Derby or a Forest.

History Smishtory

Birmingham haven’t been in the PL for the last decade and their crowds are smaller than ours.

I used to go to St Andrews regularly when my cousin played for them. They are a similar sized club to us and certainly wouldn’t class them as a “big club” not like a Derby or a Forest.
    If Birmingham City and Cardiff City were in the top two going for promotion you think we would get bigger crowds than them ?

If Birmingham City and Cardiff City were in the top two going for promotion you think we would get bigger crowds than them ?
    Cardiff

For a start our ground is bigger.

Won’t be a lot in it though, as I said similar sized clubs.

Cardiff

A lot of our fanbase think we're a tiny provincial club based on our period from the late 80s/90s, which historically is a massive outlier. We've spent about 70% of our history in the top two divisions

Cardiff

Can you tell me why then , that during much of Cardiff citys promotion season under your mate Colin, the crowds at the Cardiff City Stadium were nowhere near the capacity of the ground , even with those red seats not included ?

Talking of big clubs in trouble, I was surprised to find out that Ipswich Town have only been a league club (barring 1 season) since just after the Second World War. I had always assumed they had been plying their trade in Divisions 2, 3 and 4 prior to them winning the Division 1 title in 1961-62.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A lot of our fanbase think we're a tiny provincial club based on our period from the late 80s/90s, which historically is a massive outlier. We've spent about 70% of our history in the top two divisions
    Look at the crowds we were getting , even when we were a more successful club

Cardiff City have always been able to pull big crowds but we would get 50000 against attractive opposition then a few weeks later scrape 15000

My arch enemy TLG will provide you with the history of our support and even in our golden years it was up and down like a roller coaster.

Its part of the DNA

Birmingham a big club?
    They're big for Division 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Talking of big clubs in trouble, I was surprised to find out that Ipswich Town have only been a league club (barring 1 season) since just after the Second World War. I had always assumed they had been plying their trade in Divisions 2, 3 and 4 prior to them winning the Division 1 title in 1961-62.
    Amazing club in many ways have a great history and have had truly great players playing for them(Beattie, Mills, Butcher the Dutch pair and John Wark to name a few,they have been managed by the two best England managers and in Robson a great manager, they had the best owners in football for many years in the Cobbolds and pioneered foreign imports in Muhren and Thijsenn all in a town of about 130000
    Struggling atm with a weird owner and crowds were down before lockdown but i think they will bounce back
    i live in Ipswich and you see loads of people wearing Town gear, lots more than you do see people wearing City stuff in Cardiff or the valleys

Never classed Birmingham as a big club, crowds have been shit for years bd they have always lived in Villas shadow, considering the size of the city of birmingham their support is crap, and they have only ever won one trophy 60 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Never classed Birmingham as a big club, crowds have been shit for years bd they have always lived in Villas shadow, considering the size of the city of birmingham their support is crap, and they have only ever won one trophy 60 years ago
    They won the League Cup 10 years ago.

Amazing club in many ways have a great history and have had truly great players playing for them(Beattie, Mills, Butcher the Dutch pair and John Wark to name a few,they have been managed by the two best England managers and in Robson a great manager, they had the best owners in football for many years in the Cobbolds and pioneered foreign imports in Muhren and Thijsenn all in a town of about 130000
    Struggling atm with a weird owner and crowds were down before lockdown but i think they will bounce back
    i live in Ipswich and you see loads of people wearing Town gear, lots more than you do see people wearing City stuff in Cardiff or the valleys
    Was it John Cobbold who said, “A crisis at Ipswich Town is the stock of red wine in the boardroom running low”. A brilliant, Corinthian view of things.

Always thought of Ipswich as a proper football town. They’ve got a great history (depending on your age) and I still see the scruffy Eric Gates scoring goals in that Ipswich Adidas jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Always thought of Ipswich as a proper football town. They’ve got a great history (depending on your age) and I still see the scruffy Eric Gates scoring goals in that Ipswich Adidas jersey.
    My reminiscing just reminded me...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Izzpry...ature=youtu.be