+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Clubs Near The Trap Door

Re: Big Clubs Near The Trap Door

Is it about populations though? Bradford is huge, couldn’t sustain Park Avenue and Bradford City scrub around the lower divisions now.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is it about populations though? Bradford is huge, couldn’t sustain Park Avenue and Bradford City scrub around the lower divisions now.
    Bradford is also surrounded by towns and cities with famous football teams. It's within an hour's drive from Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, Huddersfield etc.

Bradford have remarkably high attendances for League 2

Bradford City won the FA Cup before Leeds Utd were even formed, so you’d think they’d have a bit of long term historical support. Leeds had their golden era in the Revie years which hoovered up a lot of plastics but football wise they’re usually from further way, other local city fans normally strengthen their resolve against their neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bradford have remarkably high attendances for League 2
    They do and they do run attractive fan packages apparently but despite this, for a huge city, they’re still scrubbing around the lower leagues.

Bradford City won the FA Cup before Leeds Utd were even formed, so you’d think they’d have a bit of long term historical support. Leeds had their golden era in the Revie years which hoovered up a lot of plastics but football wise they’re usually from further way, other local city fans normally strengthen their resolve against their neighbours.
    They are probably all dead now

They do and they do run attractive fan packages apparently but despite this, for a huge city, they’re still scrubbing around the lower leagues.
    It is a strange one, you'd think those higher attendances would lead to more money and success, they were 90 minutes away from the Championship in 2017 but seem to have imploded since

Isn't Bradford rugby league territory as well? Or am I imagining things?

No, I'm really not. The city of Birmingham is home to over 1m people, about three times more than Cardiff. You're the one who brought in the whole "surrounding area" stuff which is why I brought in the urban and metro populations which showed how much bigger Birmingham's is. The two cities aren't comparable at all.

Are you really trying to suggest that Birmingham and Cardiff are similar cities?
    No , but Birmingham is home to two football clubs and another one , West brom , that poaches much of its support from the North West of the city

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They are probably all dead now
    I wonder if it was a case though of football people from Bradford instead of strengthening their resolve against Leeds during the Revie years (because, let’s be fair, Leeds were no great shakes before then) which most football fans would, many of them caved in and had their heads turned by a bit of glory? There must be many thousands of football fans in the city of Bradford and a lot of them follow Leeds. I’d imagine football arguments get quite lively there.

Birmingham haven't averaged 30,000 since 1975, we managed it 2 years ago

The present is what matters.
    we have had a very successful ten years , by our standards . What did we manage after we were relegated ?

Our fans vanish like ghosts , always relied upon for big games though

It is a strange one, you'd think those higher attendances would lead to more money and success, they were 90 minutes away from the Championship in 2017 but seem to have imploded since

Isn't Bradford rugby league territory as well? Or am I imagining things?
    I used to live in Bradford , it is indeed a big city and rugby league is a big game but Bradford City have always had a good following .

And they absolutely hate Leeds so I like them

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5163932]I used to live in Bradford , it is indeed a big city and rugby league is a big game but Bradford City have always had a good following .

Football is the third biggest sport in Bradford after Rugby league and cricket.

I wonder if it was a case though of football people from Bradford instead of strengthening their resolve against Leeds during the Revie years (because, let’s be fair, Leeds were no great shakes before then) which most football fans would, many of them caved in and had their heads turned by a bit of glory? There must be many thousands of football fans in the city of Bradford and a lot of them follow Leeds. I’d imagine football arguments get quite lively there.
    The cities basically merge , I lived in a place called Baildon near Shipley which was where Leeds fans and Bradford fans used to live side by side . However most of Bradford was loyal to their home club . Leeds support tended to come from Leeds, Wakefield, York and of course Milton Keynes

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5163934]
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I used to live in Bradford , it is indeed a big city and rugby league is a big game but Bradford City have always had a good following .

Football is the third biggest sport in Bradford after Rugby league and cricket.
    On what basis ?

Attendances ?

On what basis ?

Attendances ?
    On the basis its a City full of people with more interest in cricket than football

On the basis its a City full of people with more interest in cricket than football

What people

What people
    Brown people

Brown people
    25 percent of the population of Bradford are of Asian British born descent or Asian born .....thats Pakistani mostly but also Bangladeshi and a small Indian community

Is that what you mean by brown people ?

Or do you include the people of West Indian descent in the city ?

Because even if we include all these people that means 70 percent of the city is not brown , its white

So far from being full of brown people who don't like cricket its mostly a city of white people .

And lots of these brown people love football too

Unlike some northern towns Bradford City , even when I was there in the late eighties to early nineties had a mixed support of all races and its located right in the middle of manningham an area of the city where most of the people are brown .

25 percent of the population of Bradford are of Asian British born descent or Asian born .....thats Pakistani mostly but also Bangladeshi and a small Indian community

Is that what you mean by brown people ?

Or do you include the people of West Indian descent in the city ?

Because even if we include all these people that means 70 percent of the city is not brown , its white

So far from being full of brown people who don't like cricket its mostly a city of white people .

And lots of these brown people love football too

Unlike some northern towns Bradford City , even when I was there in the late eighties to early nineties had a mixed support of all races and its located right in the middle of manningham an area of the city where most of the people are brown .
    Them figures may have been correct in the 80s but they breed like rabbits and it’s more like 50/50 these days when you allow for the illegals.

Them figures may have been correct in the 80s but they breed like rabbits and it’s more like 50/50 these days when you allow for the illegals.
    ‘They’ ???

I know you are on a wind up now

Those figures are latest figures

‘They’ ???
    Yes they. I’m replying to him talking about Pakistanis and Indians I don’t need to clarify that in my reply.

I know you are on a wind up now

Those figures are latest figures
    63% of Bradford is white British but that’s not taking into account illegal immigrants

Yes they. I’m replying to him talking about Pakistanis and Indians I don’t need to clarify that in my reply.
    The phrase they breed like rabbits is the cobblers the BNP come out with , I know that's not your thing , you are on a wind up

63% of Bradford is white British but that’s not taking into account illegal immigrants
    stop being daft now , I know you are on a ball breaker

All cities have an under reporting of the ethnic minority population , cardiff for example has been subject to studies that suggest the proportion of people from non white backgrounds is considerably higher

But even saying that you said that Bradford was FULL of people who don't like cricket . Even if the majority , nearly two thirds , is white British then its clearly not , is it ?

And notwithstanding the fact that lots of Asian kids love football , the city of Bradford also has large polish and Eastern European communities and they fecking love football . And loads of italians , people of west Indian descent , Turkish etc . Some of these brown people really love football .

I know you are on a wind up .