+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joniesta (Jonny Williams - CONFIRMED)

Re: Joniesta (Jonny Williams - CONFIRMED)

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Massively underwhelming signing imo but let's hope he can prove me and the other critics wrong. Just don't call him 'Joniesta' FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Others seem to think it is closer to 50k... welshlad says it was effectively a free transfer.
    That would be a great deal especially if we have an option on him for another year rather than giving him a 2 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'd prefer him to take Aden Flint.
    He wouldn’t fit in the car

Swansea signed Conor Hourihane on loan in this transfer window. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I hope we find out because if it turns out to be £200k then it's a shocking deal.
    Yet McCarthy calls it “one of the best deals of the transfer window”.
    What a joke.

Re: Joniesta

Welcome Johnny

I think we've signed Max from Eastenders!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Yet McCarthy calls it “one of the best deals of the transfer window”.
    What a joke.
    He didn't specify who it was the best deal for

We've made far worse signings tbf...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Others seem to think it is closer to 50k... welshlad says it was effectively a free transfer.
    SSN reporting it as a free transfer. Could be (nearly) right.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Swansea signed Conor Hourihane on loan in this transfer window. Just saying.
    Nicely sums up the gap on and off the field

Sky Sports reporting that Johny has phoned MM to say he sprained his wrist sgning the contract and he'll be out for about six months.

LOL (at CCFC in general)

He’s good for wales. Should have a good understanding with Moore and Wilson, our best players. Fingers crossed.

Think I might give this place a swerve the first time JW gets a knock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Think I might give this place a swerve the first time JW gets a knock.
    Agreed.

When JW's potential signing was announced, this messageboard had been put on suicide watch. Now that the signing has been confirmed the casualty rate has already moved into double figures. A truly sad state of affairs.

Initially I wasn't to sure on it but if as reported its until the end of the season with a year's option its hard to see it as anything other than an excellent deal. Offers something different to anything else we have in midfield and it it doesn't work out or new manager doesn't want him then we can say good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Initially I wasn't to sure on it but if as reported its until the end of the season with a year's option its hard to see it as anything other than an excellent deal. Offers something different to anything else we have in midfield and it it doesn't work out or new manager doesn't want him then we can say good buy.
    He performed so well in the Euros that I could never understand why he wasn't playing at a consistently high level. Obviously his lack of fitness has been a major factor but even if we can get a decent performance from him in half of the remaining games it will help our cause no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    He performed so well in the Euros that I could never understand why he wasn't playing at a consistently high level. Obviously his lack of fitness has been a major factor but even if we can get a decent performance from him in half of the remaining games it will help our cause no end.
    If we are looking to play a new way we need different type of players and he gives us that. If it doesn't work out no harm done.

Wouldn't surprise me if those going OTT will be wanting him to stay longer come the summer.

He barely played in the Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I thought he came on in a few of the games. Anyhow, he impressed me when I saw him and hopefully he can replicate that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He featured in more than half of the games (four out of six), playing a hundred and fifty minutes - looks like the joke's on you.

Just read on the Charlton site that it’s the 3rd time MM has signed him and that they share the same agent. I don’t know if this is true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Just read on the Charlton site that it’s the 3rd time MM has signed him and that they share the same agent. I don’t know if this is true or not.
    Pretty sure they're both at New Era Sports.

There are quite a few big agencies though who will have vast numbers of clients; so no conspiracy I'm sure!

I thought he came on in a few of the games. Anyhow, he impressed me when I saw him and hopefully he can replicate that form.
    Started against Slovakia, came on against England, Northern Ireland & Portugal so he played a lot more than most in that squad