+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joniesta (Jonny Williams - CONFIRMED)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joniesta (Jonny Williams - CONFIRMED)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Can you actually think someone who was signed on a six month contract and only played 174 minutes in that time most of it in a match we lost 5-0 was a good signing?
    I think the manager used his squad poorly which cost us a point against Watford and two points against Stoke which killed any play-off chase. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes but arguably we'd have been better off if Jonny played more than 174 minutes.

The player was signed with an option to extend. I feel what he could do for us over next two years means he's worth extending rather than what he did do for us over 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think the manager used his squad poorly which cost us a point against Watford and two points against Stoke which killed any play-off chase. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes but arguably we'd have been better off if Jonny played more than 174 minutes.

The player was signed with an option to extend. I feel what he could do for us over next two years means he's worth extending rather than what he did do for us over 6 months.
    depends who we replace him with - there could be some interesting deals done this transfer window - especially loan deals

I'd argue that when he was signed in January, he was seen as cheap cover/rotation for Harry Wilson in the 10 position, and that he'd do a similar role next season for whoever Wilson's replacement will be.

Colwill will now likely be that player (assuming of course he signs a replacement for Wilson), which was unforeseen at the time. If he'd performed poorly in the 3 games at the end of the season, and Mick felt he wasn't ready, Jonny maybe would have had another year.