+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnny Marr -O/T

Johnny Marr -O/T

Nice to see Johnny Marr being awarded the Boss 2021 Lifetime Achievement award this weekend for music and his brand of guitar work being an inspiration for budding musicians all over the world he deserves it .Acolades have been flying in from all forms of music this weekend

fittingly on the same weekend the smiths released How soon is now 36 years ago as a single and for many non smiths fans think How soon is Now his greatest work

real people , real music ,real riffs just thank god i was around at that time to witness it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj0cI3XidFo

Re: Johnny Marr -O/T

I saw him at the 930 club in DC about 6/7 years ago.
    He was incredible and did “How soon is now” great justice.

I’ve got a Johnny F**king Marr T’shirt somewhere from that show 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I saw him at the 930 club in DC about 6/7 years ago.
    He was incredible and did “How soon is now” great justice.

I’ve got a Johnny F**king Marr T’shirt somewhere from that show 😁
    Saw him at Cardiff Uni in November 2018.....really good , played Smiths,Electronic songs as well as songs from his solo albums 👍

Great guitarist

A fantastic talent and an all-round decent bloke.

Decent bloke, great guitarist, nice hair but possibly the most boring autobiography I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Decent bloke, great guitarist, nice hair but possibly the most boring autobiography I've ever read.
    I really liked it. I thought it was really down to earth. I loved the way he talked about monumental things in the history of music in such a matter of fact way, because to him, he was just doing his thing. I thought there was a lot of humility in his writing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I really liked it. I thought it was really down to earth. I loved the way he talked about monumental things in the history of music in such a matter of fact way, because to him, he was just doing his thing. I thought there was a lot of humility in his writing.
    yes I much prefer this attitude than musicians who believe the hype and start thinking they're some kind of God.
    you pluck strings on a piece of wood for a living ffs.

I thought that we might be signing him, we might as well, I'm sure Marr featured as a speedy winger in Billy The Fish (Viz) that'd be enough for Mehmet to offer a 3 year deal.

I didn't want anything sensational but I thought he was ridiculously nice about everyone, even people who had fecked him over. There was lots of detail about a particular type of guitar and items if clothing he was wearing when ...
    The other problem I had was the whole of the final third was taken up with him walking into a series of bands and transforming them into their most successful period, from Modest Mouse to the Cribs. It was very self congratulatory I thought. Even if there was some truth to it.
    I just finished the autobiography of another Mancunian musical icon, John Cooper Clarke and it was wonderful, but I'm afraid the other Johnny left me a bit cold.