+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World’s most predictable game ends as expected as Cardiff City and Millwall cancel each other out – again!

World’s most predictable game ends as expected as Cardiff City and Millwall cancel each other out – again!

Re: World’s most predictable game ends as expected as Cardiff City and Millwall cancel each other out – again!

I'm cautiously optimistic about Rubin Colwill. McCarthy was being very complimentary about him and if he is starting to use his size as a strength and his fitness and stamina are improving then he's got a realistic chance here. No pace but that won't handicap him in comparison to other midfielders here, his technical ability will shame most of them though.

McCarthy felt Colwill wasn't daunted by training with the first team on Friday (why would he be?) and while Steve Morison was as aware as any of us that it was just a token spot on the bench for him yesterday, he will offer something different if he continues to improve. The under-23s are at home to second placed Ipswich on Tuesday, a great chance for Colwill, and others, to show what they could bring to a struggling first team.

Re: World’s most predictable game ends as expected as Cardiff City and Millwall cancel each other out – again!

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about Rubin Colwill. McCarthy was being very complimentary about him and if he is starting to use his size as a strength and his fitness and stamina are improving then he's got a realistic chance here. No pace but that won't handicap him in comparison to other midfielders here, his technical ability will shame most of them though.

McCarthy felt Colwill wasn't daunted by training with the first team on Friday (why would he be?) and while Steve Morison was as aware as any of us that it was just a token spot on the bench for him yesterday, he will offer something different if he continues to improve. The under-23s are at home to second placed Ipswich on Tuesday, a great chance for Colwill, and others, to show what they could bring to a struggling first team.
    Yes, for the first time in ages, it could be that a good performance for the Under 23s might have the reward of a first team squad place. Mick McCarthy made two or three references to Colwill’s size, so that’s one of the hurdles I think City managers have wanted youngsters to jump in recent years cleared - I’d like James Waite to get his chance if Tomlin and Wilson weren’t available, but I don’t see that happening, so I’d rather Colwill play there than Ralls or Bacuna.