+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disillusioned

Disillusioned

Only felt like this once before but I’ve lost interest at the moment. I’m 5 hours behind and work is busy but I didn’t even realise that the Barnsley game had happened until my wife asked me if I’d seen the score!

I’ve got nothing against Mick McCarthy, nice guy, but I’m already bored of his rhetoric and stance with the media... he’s been saying the same stuff for 20 years or more. Warlock was entertaining initially aiming to endear himself to fans and his siege mentality approach but that got so tiresome towards the end and now we’ve got it again.

Give me Dave Jones and his ‘it’s just a job’ approach to it any day of the week.

I know that there is a view espoused by some that Bellamy would be a bad choice because of his alleged bullying behaviour and misdemeanors as a player, but in my opinion that is at best a narrow minded view of things and at worse just weak. Give me him 100% of the time over what we’ve had to deal with since we got promoted under Warnock.

if I could end the season now and we finish out of the relegation zone on goal difference I’d take it

Re: Disillusioned

I'd take Bellamy on what we have had since the sacking of Malky.

I'm sure McCarthy will get us up the table and playing slightly better football but we really do need a young, hungry manager here. My worst nightmare, if you like, is that McCarthy gets up to say 8th or 9th position by the end of the season and then is given a second crack at the whip. If McCarthy did get us up in his 2nd season, what then?

For those of you who watch European football, is there a decent young manager or coach out there? Someone who would love to come to the Championship?

Dave Jones era was excellent ,spoilt for skills .

I did like the Warnock (quick ) rush and passion .

Malky promotion a (quick) was a significant blast, first.

Harris nice little rush to play off last year probably caught others out.

Mick well we wait and see .

As a fan just hang onto hope and support through thick and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Only felt like this once before but I’ve lost interest at the moment. I’m 5 hours behind and work is busy but I didn’t even realise that the Barnsley game had happened until my wife asked me if I’d seen the score!

I’ve got nothing against Mick McCarthy, nice guy, but I’m already bored of his rhetoric and stance with the media... he’s been saying the same stuff for 20 years or more. Warlock was entertaining initially aiming to endear himself to fans and his siege mentality approach but that got so tiresome towards the end and now we’ve got it again.

Give me Dave Jones and his ‘it’s just a job’ approach to it any day of the week.

I know that there is a view espoused by some that Bellamy would be a bad choice because of his alleged bullying behaviour and misdemeanors as a player, but in my opinion that is at best a narrow minded view of things and at worse just weak. Give me him 100% of the time over what we’ve had to deal with since we got promoted under Warnock.

if I could end the season now and we finish out of the relegation zone on goal difference I’d take it
    Whaaat? You only been disillusioned once before? Are you kidding me....how long have you followed us? This is what ccfc do...pain

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Whaaat? You only been disillusioned once before? Are you kidding me....how long have you followed us? This is what ccfc do...pain
    It’s in our DNA

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    But this feels a bit different, in my opinion anyway. We've had some fantastic opportunities to kick on in recent years, but what seemed obvious to most fans most certainly didn't to those at the top of the club. Gone up twice, ****ed it up twice, and now, seemingly, being left behind in progressive terms. There does seem to be an air of 'What now' amongst the support, or certainly on this forum. Our disregard for youth development, appalling transfer policy that has seen us employ off the shelf, limited work horses has seen us fall behind (in terms of development) most championship clubs. Our inability to improve players is a concern, or even develop potential from lower down the system is why there's a feeling of despondency in my opinion.

The sacking of Harris could've created the option for someone to make a brave decision, with risk, but a decision that i think most fans would've taken and understood. Once again, the boys in charge shit it and we have a manager who bases the game on the limitations of his players instead of the positives, same as Warnock really. The sad thing is, that as a fan base, we are also reluctant to any huge change due to the way the club operates, our style of play and the transfer policy. A fear of getting better because it might get much worse. That's no way to watch your football.

Ive been disillusioned since the Russell Slade appointment. Even when we were winning under Warnock it was largely agricultural and not that enjoyable. Just listening to Colin make it all about him week after week, or wax lyrical about the opposition, I totally disconnected with the club.

I got behind Neil Harris because I dont think sacking managers every 5 minutes is the right thing to do. He did well last season and has brought some younger players to the club but cant grumble at losing his job this season, not after 2 poor runs in a short space of time.

I was shell shocked at the appointment of Mick McCarthy but thought give him the benefit of the doubt, its only a short term deal. Then he brings Flint back, drops anyone with a bit of flair in the side and the football is worst than anything Slade gave us, never mind Harris or Warnock, and now to top it all off this weekend we are being linked with the likes of Williams and Rhodes in the transfer window. No less than a fortnight since we say we like the Brentford model and we want to recruit young, hungry players. We just jump from one idea to another.

If we extend MM contract beyond the summer then the club can just **** off as far as I am concerned. I will understand it only if its a means of making sure we dont get dragged into a relegation fight this season. Even after 18 months without crowds at the game I cant see people in a rush to go and watch Mick McCarthys Cardiff come the start of next season.

Just be glad that we don’t have to suffer any more of the utter garbage that the team played under Harris, and give McCarthy a chance.

I’m hardly excited, more hopeful.

But I can understand people who have lost a bit of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive been disillusioned since the Russell Slade appointment. Even when we were winning under Warnock it was largely agricultural and not that enjoyable. Just listening to Colin make it all about him week after week, or wax lyrical about the opposition, I totally disconnected with the club.

I got behind Neil Harris because I dont think sacking managers every 5 minutes is the right thing to do. He did well last season and has brought some younger players to the club but cant grumble at losing his job this season, not after 2 poor runs in a short space of time.

I was shell shocked at the appointment of Mick McCarthy but thought give him the benefit of the doubt, its only a short term deal. Then he brings Flint back, drops anyone with a bit of flair in the side and the football is worst than anything Slade gave us, never mind Harris or Warnock, and now to top it all off this weekend we are being linked with the likes of Williams and Rhodes in the transfer window. No less than a fortnight since we say we like the Brentford model and we want to recruit young, hungry players. We just jump from one idea to another.

If we extend MM contract beyond the summer then the club can just **** off as far as I am concerned. I will understand it only if its a means of making sure we dont get dragged into a relegation fight this season. Even after 18 months without crowds at the game I cant see people in a rush to go and watch Mick McCarthys Cardiff come the start of next season.
    Slade was the only other time I’ve been disillusioned. It’s like they tried the progressive thing with Ole and because it failed they’re never going there again. Nothing will stop me being a fan but watching the current drivel that is being served up is not for me. I’ll look for green shoots of recovery by what people post on here and maybe that’ll prompt me to pay again to watch at some point in the future.

If people were allowed in grounds I’d be surprised if we got more than 10-12,000 at the moment.

I don’t want us relegated but my earlier point on being happy with us finishing above relegation on GD is only grounded in MM not getting another year.

If this was a shareholder owned business the share price would be rock bottom and employees would be leaving en masse for a more forward thinking one with a better culture.

Totally agree, virtually word for word. Cardiff City is on danger of being a name synonymous with anti football!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    But this feels a bit different, in my opinion anyway. We've had some fantastic opportunities to kick on in recent years, but what seemed obvious to most fans most certainly didn't to those at the top of the club. Gone up twice, ****ed it up twice, and now, seemingly, being left behind in progressive terms. There does seem to be an air of 'What now' amongst the support, or certainly on this forum. Our disregard for youth development, appalling transfer policy that has seen us employ off the shelf, limited work horses has seen us fall behind (in terms of development) most championship clubs. Our inability to improve players is a concern, or even develop potential from lower down the system is why there's a feeling of despondency in my opinion.

The sacking of Harris could've created the option for someone to make a brave decision, with risk, but a decision that i think most fans would've taken and understood. Once again, the boys in charge shit it and we have a manager who bases the game on the limitations of his players instead of the positives, same as Warnock really. The sad thing is, that as a fan base, we are also reluctant to any huge change due to the way the club operates, our style of play and the transfer policy. A fear of getting better because it might get much worse. That's no way to watch your football.
    I was hoping for a Bellamy and focus on youth policy, possibly with a refreshing style of football. Maybe he wouldn’t come? Who can blame him.

In the owners desperation to go back up, which is strange as they didn’t really invest properly when promoted, they clearly can’t think straight anymore, talk about up shitcreak or pissinginthewind, clueless. We talking of signing players who can’t get in league 1 teams now ffs....I can only hope they have a plan for the summer with a new bright manager but maybe I’ve lost my mind.....

Don’t worry, I recall we were told at the meeting that our fabled football triumvirate of Vincent Tan, Dalman and Ken Choo will be spending the next few months coming up with an actual STRATEGY. Exciting times!

MM was clearly brought in to steady the ship . I hope to feck he does as the consequences of a club being sucked into a relegation dogfight is very worrying. We have some quality players , its clear on the whole he's going to have to work with what he's got . The rumours about Williams from Charlton if true would be a signing that would be a box to box player to get more possession. What's needed is a bit of flair ....tomlin .....to make things happen . Get the ball to Moore and he will stick it away .

If at the end of the season we have stabilised and are playing better football then unless someone puts their hat in the ring then what else have we got ?

Just trying to be prosaic

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    MM was clearly brought in to steady the ship . I hope to feck he does as the consequences of a club being sucked into a relegation dogfight is very worrying. We have some quality players , its clear on the whole he's going to have to work with what he's got . The rumours about Williams from Charlton if true would be a signing that would be a box to box player to get more possession. What's needed is a bit of flair ....tomlin .....to make things happen . Get the ball to Moore and he will stick it away .

If at the end of the season we have stabilised and are playing better football then unless someone puts their hat in the ring then what else have we got ?

Just trying to be prosaic
    Reading this thread, Prozac seems more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Reading this thread, Prozac seems more appropriate.
    I think the club should provide free Prozac to every supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I have got connections

Pm me

I’m afraid I’m with this sentiment.
    It grates because we’re not getting good results or good performances. The club are in danger of losing their younger fans to top Premier League sides, seeing as no one can attend and there’s very little to get enthused about at the moment with the way the team is going.
    I can’t be bothered to listen to McCarthy’s interviews - it’s like Warnock all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    ProzaKc Blues by King Crimson:

https://youtu.be/CoZwHpFWcuw

StT.
    <><

When we're busy getting rid of quality players and getting either clapped out or lower league players in plus selecting Flint, dropping Wilson , well that's only going one way.

Has someone high up got £5 M on Cardiff being relegated ?

You gotta love being a Cardiff fan🤣... Suffice to say I am no longer disillusioned and having watched the last 2 games I have to say that my appetite is now fully restored. Give me this feeling anyday.

get woked

You gotta love being a Cardiff fan🤣... Suffice to say I am no longer disillusioned and having watched the last 2 games I have to say that my appetite is now fully restored. Give me this feeling anyday.
    Rollercoaster of emotions for sure haha

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    When we're busy getting rid of quality players and getting either clapped out or lower league players in plus selecting Flint, dropping Wilson , well that's only going one way.

Has someone high up got £5 M on Cardiff being relegated ?
    This one is even funnier

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This one is even funnier

Oh dear Ronnie