+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disillusioned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Disillusioned

Ive been disillusioned since the Russell Slade appointment. Even when we were winning under Warnock it was largely agricultural and not that enjoyable. Just listening to Colin make it all about him week after week, or wax lyrical about the opposition, I totally disconnected with the club.

I got behind Neil Harris because I dont think sacking managers every 5 minutes is the right thing to do. He did well last season and has brought some younger players to the club but cant grumble at losing his job this season, not after 2 poor runs in a short space of time.

I was shell shocked at the appointment of Mick McCarthy but thought give him the benefit of the doubt, its only a short term deal. Then he brings Flint back, drops anyone with a bit of flair in the side and the football is worst than anything Slade gave us, never mind Harris or Warnock, and now to top it all off this weekend we are being linked with the likes of Williams and Rhodes in the transfer window. No less than a fortnight since we say we like the Brentford model and we want to recruit young, hungry players. We just jump from one idea to another.

If we extend MM contract beyond the summer then the club can just **** off as far as I am concerned. I will understand it only if its a means of making sure we dont get dragged into a relegation fight this season. Even after 18 months without crowds at the game I cant see people in a rush to go and watch Mick McCarthys Cardiff come the start of next season.

Re: Disillusioned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive been disillusioned since the Russell Slade appointment. Even when we were winning under Warnock it was largely agricultural and not that enjoyable. Just listening to Colin make it all about him week after week, or wax lyrical about the opposition, I totally disconnected with the club.

I got behind Neil Harris because I dont think sacking managers every 5 minutes is the right thing to do. He did well last season and has brought some younger players to the club but cant grumble at losing his job this season, not after 2 poor runs in a short space of time.

I was shell shocked at the appointment of Mick McCarthy but thought give him the benefit of the doubt, its only a short term deal. Then he brings Flint back, drops anyone with a bit of flair in the side and the football is worst than anything Slade gave us, never mind Harris or Warnock, and now to top it all off this weekend we are being linked with the likes of Williams and Rhodes in the transfer window. No less than a fortnight since we say we like the Brentford model and we want to recruit young, hungry players. We just jump from one idea to another.

If we extend MM contract beyond the summer then the club can just **** off as far as I am concerned. I will understand it only if its a means of making sure we dont get dragged into a relegation fight this season. Even after 18 months without crowds at the game I cant see people in a rush to go and watch Mick McCarthys Cardiff come the start of next season.
    In the owners desperation to go back up, which is strange as they didn’t really invest properly when promoted, they clearly can’t think straight anymore, talk about up shitcreak or pissinginthewind, clueless. We talking of signing players who can’t get in league 1 teams now ffs....I can only hope they have a plan for the summer with a new bright manager but maybe I’ve lost my mind.....