+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brighton v Tottenham

Brighton v Tottenham

With Harry Kane injured, Gareth Bale starts.

Interested in this one and could answer a few questions raised in the week regarding his fitness, aptitude and attitude.

Re: Brighton v Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    With Harry Kane injured, Gareth Bale starts.

Interested in this one and could answer a few questions raised in the week regarding his fitness, aptitude and attitude.
    He’s given away about ten free kicks already , but a lovely finish after being caught offside, he looks more up for it at least.

Brighton have hit the post already - I’ve been surprised how Spurs have fallen away in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s given away about ten free kicks already , but a lovely finish after being caught offside, he looks more up for it at least.

Brighton have hit the post already - I’ve been surprised how Spurs have fallen away in recent weeks.
    One nil down!
    Yes. I wonder with Mourinho whether he feels comfortable playing attacking champagne football and we are now starting to see him being a bit more safe.

Spurs certainly need some work doing to their defence.
    Its a bit like watching us!

Spurs look awful

I don't think it can be overstated how much Spurs miss HK.
    Even Son looks a shadow of his former self.

Spurs are getting battered here. And Bale is largely ineffective.

Really surprised by how uninterested Spurs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Really surprised by how uninterested Spurs are.
    Bale has looked poor for a long time. I worry that his days are numbered to be honest. Injuries caught up with him. (Veiled attempt at jinxing Bale into action).

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Bale has looked poor for a long time. I worry that his days are numbered to be honest. Injuries caught up with him. (Veiled attempt at jinxing Bale into action).
    Bale and Spurs look dreadful tonight. Brighton will prob nick another.

No service. Got to feel for him.

Bale subbed, in my opinion should have been dropped from Welsh team for the last two years. Such a shame to see him struggling

Bale subbed, in my opinion should have been dropped from Welsh team for the last two years. Such a shame to see him struggling
    Maybe mainly a physical thing, but I wonder if the whole Real Madrid thing sucked the hunger/enthusiasm out of him. It's a bit sad, either way.

Spurs losing to Brighton?

Great news , always good to see the big boys get taken down a peg or two

Spurs will probably come from behind and give them a kicking

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Maybe mainly a physical thing, but I wonder if the whole Real Madrid thing sucked the hunger/enthusiasm out of him. It's a bit sad, either way.
    Think so mate. He looks a shadow of the player he used to be.

Anyone else think he’s on some secret mission to look as shite as possible whilst still picking up half a mill a week, no one will take him but us with a new manager next season, playing for fun again, for peanuts.....I don’t think anyone else has thought this through like I have....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone else think he’s on some secret mission to look as shite as possible whilst still picking up half a mill a week, no one will take him but us with a new manager next season, playing for fun again, for peanuts.....I don’t think anyone else has thought this through like I have....
    Ha ha I really hope that is true. Bangs in 40 goals and takes us to the Prem.

For someone with his ability and experience, GB really didn't look at all comfortable out there (not many of his colleagues did either it must be said) and invariably he took the easy option with a sideways pass.

The couple of times he tried crossing he didn't beat the first man.
    I also noticed when Bale looked to be making runs, his teammates weren't picking him out.
    I don't believe he's become a bad player overnight but he definitely looks to be playing it safe.

All is not good at the moment with Spurs and it can't be down to one man alone, can it?

Bale did miss an opportunity to impress tonight mind and Viniscius(sp) may have jumped ahead of him here as he's looked lively.

Harry Kane is a big miss, perhaps Spurs' problems on the pitch are all down to one man!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Spurs losing to Brighton?

Great news , always good to see the big boys get taken down a peg or two

Spurs will probably come from behind and give them a kicking
    In injury time and still 1 nil down, should be two but for a miraculous tackle by Alder.. Aldervei...., their big centre half!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nice thought.
    He certainly has always seemed to raise his game when playing for Wales.

he was..like all the other spurs players playing tonight...****ing useless

Ever since that China deal fell through he looks totally disinterested in football.
    Clubs are paying him a lot of money, the least he could do is give 100% .