+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: property rental agents advise please

property rental agents advise please

they seem to not care about the tenant once they got one

Re: property rental agents advise please

Have you tried contacting the landlord directly, he’ll be paying the agent a fair percentage of the rent and it’s in his interest for them to keep up with any maintainance and keep the tenant happy. I rent out a property myself and I’m always happy to hear from the tenants if something needs doing, it saves a nightmare plie up of jobs at the end of the tenancy. Some agencies can be terrible for both landlord and tenant, hope you get your problem sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    What agency is it? Let the landlord know if you can....

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    Have you tried contacting the landlord directly, he’ll be paying the agent a fair percentage of the rent and it’s in his interest for them to keep up with any maintainance and keep the tenant happy. I rent out a property myself and I’m always happy to hear from the tenants if something needs doing, it saves a nightmare plie up of jobs at the end of the tenancy. Some agencies can be terrible for both landlord and tenant, hope you get your problem sorted.
    Sound advice ^^
    "Customer care" in many businesses seems a thing of the past.

A landlord either gets an agent to manage the property on an ongoing basis or pays a one-off fee for a "tenant find only" service. Find out which it is first as if the latter the you'll need to deal with the landlord directly. Most rental agencies are shocking though, I've let properties for 25 years and always get problems.

What’s the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    cheers matey its my daughters she contacts the agents only at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What’s the issue?
    it was electric tripping at night with only the fridge running and shorting one side of the flat only which after numerous calls electrician turned up and says it seems to been an overheated plug melted sometime also the water heater is so small it wont fill the bath water the electrician said he cant believe that was installed

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What agency is it? Let the landlord know if you can....
    watts and morgan i think

it was electric tripping at night with only the fridge running and shorting one side of the flat only which after numerous calls electrician turned up and says it seems to been an overheated plug melted sometime also the water heater is so small it wont fill the bath water the electrician said he cant believe that was installed
    They're ideal where gas isn't an option, but no, no suitable to fill a bath. A Shower, they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They're ideal where gas isn't an option, but no, no suitable to fill a bath. A Shower, they're fine.
    cheers matey that seems to be the answer