+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glatzel to Mainz - COMPLETED

Re: Glatzel to Mainz - COMPLETED

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    well im gutted...

its just a loan
    Glatzel’s contract expires in June, so that’s probably the last we’ve seen of him.

Top of the shopping list this summer will be a striker, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    You are forgetting Isaac Vassell...........
    People seem to be forgetting Mark Harris too.

I thought he did okay when Neil Harris threw him in after our first bad run of results, he was ahead of Glatzel.
    Took a bit of stick after that decent spell of results ended and he seemed to be made an escaped goat of.

If Mick can somehow get a bit more than NH from our MF in the way of some kind of service, he should bag a few and ease the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Glatzel’s contract expires in June, so that’s probably the last we’ve seen of him.

Top of the shopping list this summer will be a striker, then.
    Glatzel has another year left. I hope he absolutely bangs them in and they want to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Injury and lack of experience make them inadequate back up for Moore. Lose him we are scuppered
    Are you suggesting Glatzel was adequate back up for Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Glatzel has another year left. I hope he absolutely bangs them in and they want to sign him.
    My mistake. I looked at Transfermarkt.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    People seem to be forgetting Mark Harris too.

I thought he did okay when Neil Harris threw him in after our first bad run of results, he was ahead of Glatzel.
    Took a bit of stick after that decent spell of results ended and he seemed to be made an escaped goat of.

If Mick can somehow get a bit more than NH from our MF in the way of some kind of service, he should bag a few and ease the pressure.
    Kieffer Moore made him look good. He did nothing in the games when Moore was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Kieffer Moore made him look good. He did nothing in the games when Moore was injured.
    Harris runs the channels etc. He can't play up on his own, his game isn't coming short and getting on the ball.

Possibly.

How much of that can be attributed to his teammates though.
    If he's running the channels and nobody is picking him out whats he supposed to do?

Our best players like Wilson, Hoilett even Kieffer himself struggle if their teammates are playing poorly or off form.
    God knows we've had our fair share of those this season.

Harris runs the channels etc. He can't play up on his own, his game isn't coming short and getting on the ball.
    I thought he might be a bit better then that based on those few games playing alongside Moore, but he's probably just a discount Gavin Whyte.

I thought he might be a bit better then that based on those few games playing alongside Moore, but he's probably just a discount Gavin Whyte.
    Harris showed a lot more than Gavin Whyte ever has. I think he's been dropped by Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Possibly.

How much of that can be attributed to his teammates though.
    If he's running the channels and nobody is picking him out whats he supposed to do?

Our best players like Wilson, Hoilett even Kieffer himself struggle if their teammates are playing poorly or off form.
    God knows we've had our fair share of those this season.
    Hitting long balls down the channels is something that our players aren't completely terrible at doing.

What does Harris actually do when he does get service? He's not shown any ability to beat a man and he doesn't get crosses into the box. He doesn't seem to be a natural finisher either. He just runs around a lot.

Harris showed a lot more than Gavin Whyte ever has. I think he's been dropped by Hull.
    Has he though? What does he actually do well?

Whyte is injured.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...admits-4954730

Seems to be doing OK with Hull.

Has he though? What does he actually do well?
    Run the channels, score for one. Whyte has done the square root of sod all for us going forwards.

Run the channels, score for one. Whyte has done the square root of sod all for us going forwards.
    Putting a shift in is the one thing that Whyte can do and Harris has squandered a few decent chances since he scored against Luton.

Harris is younger and didn't cost us £2m, but apart from that I don't really see much difference between the two of them.

I'm hoping that Watters gets a run of games playing up front with Moore.