+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strikers

Strikers

Why are we searching for has been strikers when our issue has always been the chance creation?

Pissing money up the wall when we can’t retain the ball nor get it into dangerous areas.

Re: Strikers

Because nobody at the club has any idea how to put a competent midfield together?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Because nobody at the club has any idea how to put a competent midfield together?
    Not to worry, we've got a bloke coming in with a 'Nice Smile' That should soften the opposition and allow Bacuna a free run at goal.

Glatzel is going, and presumably good midfielders cost a lot of money (which we don't have).

Seriously, if Glatzel goes (which is seems like he is), we absolutely have to sign a striker or we are beyond screwed if Moore gets injured. We already are but we can kiss goodbye to us getting a point without Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Seriously, if Glatzel goes (which is seems like he is), we absolutely have to sign a striker or we are beyond screwed if Moore gets injured. We already are but we can kiss goodbye to us getting a point without Moore.
    Big Mick is 6 foot stick him up front

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not to worry, we've got a bloke coming in with a 'Nice Smile' That should soften the opposition and allow Bacuna a free run at goal.
    I heard the plan is to get Jonny to smile at the opposition so they take pity on us

Is there any rule about how many donkeys we’re allowed on the pitch? That’ll save some money.

I heard the plan is to get Jonny to smile at the opposition so they take pity on us
    No need for the smile, hes Welsh. They will pity him anyway.

It's a plan

Williams and Wilson played as a false 9 for Wales recently. Total football down at CCS...

I genuinely think that we'll get relegated if Moore misses more than a few games between now and the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Big Mick is 6 foot stick him up front
    Aden Flint.

I'm guessing they think Williams is the answer.
    Between Williams and Wilson you would think we would have the creativity. Problem is for the last few years we just sit back and hope.

We'll get a few more strikers to warm the bench/treatment room and then complain that there isn't enough money for any central midfielder.

If we let Glatzel go, we have to sign a striker.

Presumably (and this may shock people) nobody wants to buy our midfielders.

Perhaps we could let Dan Griffiths out of the cupboard they've hidden him in.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I genuinely think that we'll get relegated if Moore misses more than a few games between now and the end of the season.
    If he plays 10 games, we'll be fine. If he does his hammy again, we are in deep trouble.

If he plays 10 games, we'll be fine. If he does his hammy again, we are in deep trouble.
    Moore gets injured and we're fecked

If he carries on his goalscoring form I can't see him being here next season

Plenty of time - the window is open till 11pm.

Moore gets injured and we're fecked

If he carries on his goalscoring form I can't see him being here next season
    His age may count against him but I think if he has a good Euros, he'll be PL bound.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Plenty of time - the window is open till 11pm.
    Never too early to panic!

His age may count against him but I think if he has a good Euros, he'll be PL bound.
    Not many strikers his height can move like him. Although I'm sure here was a few unimpressed even by his signing.

'unattached striker' may sign after window closes?