+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is missing in our academy - Sion Spence

What is missing in our academy - Sion Spence

Sion Spence gets a Hat-trick for Palace U23’s
    Captain too.

Club were happy to release him in the summer ...WTF??

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2021/feb...-norwich-city/

Re: What is missing in our academy - Sion Spence

Didn't we offer him a deal but he turned it down?

This kind of stuff is Warnock's legacy really, talented players who've moved on because they couldn't get a look in

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

This kind of stuff is Warnock's legacy really, talented players who've moved on because they couldn't get a look in
    I think so, it's just surprising he joined the one club that has less desire to play young players than us

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think so, it's just surprising he joined the one club that has less desire to play young players than us
    Its bizarre because Palace have a great academy, last player they gave a chance to went to Man United for £50m

I imagine whoever they bring in post-Roy will play youngsters

That’s my understanding- what a goal to complete his hat trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    Sion Spence gets a Hat-trick for Palace U23’s
    Captain too.

Club were happy to release him in the summer ...WTF??

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2021/feb...-norwich-city/
    I always see posts like this but rarely see any of them actually make it. Remember the upset some had when Poole played for man u.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I always see posts like this but rarely see any of them actually make it. Remember the upset some had when Poole played for man u.
    This is a kid who turned down Man City to sign a contract with City and scored thirty goals in a season at Academy level while not playing as a striker. He signed his first pro deal with us and ended up further away from the first team at the end of it than he was at the age of 16. To be fair to the club, he was injured for about three months at the start of the season after the one he scored all of those goals in, but, that apart, City showed their usual ineptitude at handling the transition of very good Academy players into first team footballers - they got what they deserved when Spence turned them down last summer.

Could do with him kicking on to challenge for a Wales selection.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Poole could be playing in the championship next season

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This is a kid who turned down Man City to sign a contract with City and scored thirty goals in a season at Academy level while not playing as a striker. He signed his first pro deal with us and ended up further away from the first team at the end of it than he was at the age of 16. To be fair to the club, he was injured for about three months at the start of the season after the one he scored all of those goals in, but, that apart, City showed their usual ineptitude at handling the transition of very good Academy players into first team footballers - they got what they deserved when Spence turned them down last summer.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone who's seen Spence play can tell he has talent, Cardiff City fan from our own academy and he'll end up making his debut for Crystal f*ckin Palace, I despair...

I think when he was offered a new deal, he was also told that it was unlikely that he would get a chance in the first team. Glad to see him doing well at Palace and hope he goes to big and better things.

Anyone who's seen Spence play can tell he has talent, Cardiff City fan from our own academy and he'll end up making his debut for Crystal f*ckin Palace, I despair...
    More depressing than anything, this is what Tan and co should be focused on. No wonder bellers don’t want to come here.....