We’ll see

Re: What price are we to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we won't go down
    Not this season at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Not this season at least.
    Just looked at the league table, it may be closer than I first thought...

We are a Moore injury away from being in a real spot of bother

About 25/1

Rotherham away next week is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Rotherham away next week is huge.
    If they win one of their games in hand there’s only 5 points in it. 25/1 is value. I think we could be in serious bother if Moore gets injured.

Some experts claim the ball might return to Earth someday, but their concerns were dismissed as "depressing".

There's no need of it. In fact we really should be in with a good chance of the playoffs but the total insanity of the MM reign so far suggests - yes , we might even get relegated.
    I was in the minority that fully supported the new manager ,believing he was a real pro who'd use our players effectively , but I now think he's got Alzheimer's or something.
    He's not 100% happy with the quality of Harry Wilson so he brings in poor old Jonesy who can no longer get a regular place in a third division team. If he brought him here, you can only conclude that he thinks he's a better option than HW in midfield.

Glatzel isn't great but he lets him go because we've got a bloke from the fourth division to replace him.

Morrison and Nelson have been a bit under par and there's an obvious problem of giving away early goals , so he brings back the clapped out Flint and, even though in both his first two comeback appearances he got it into his own net one way or another within ten minutes , he thinks he's got a great centre back there.

What's going on ...Please!
    There's no way we should be in danger of relegation with the squad we've got ( or had) , AND YET we really could be at this rate.

I really really really can't grasp what's happening here.

Sky Bet's prices:

25/1 to be relegated.

18/1 to make the play-offs.

50/1 to be promoted (it was 4/1 at the start of the season).

City are now odds against (11/10) to finish in the top half of the table.

One set of odds I really don't understand: the bookies have Cardiff as favourites to win at Bristol on Saturday.

11/5 Bristol, 23/10 the draw, 5/4 Cardiff.

Only twice in 20 years has a side in a similar position to us been relegated.

It's pretty clear that we're having a cost cutting exercise, preparing for life after parachute payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Only twice in 20 years has a side in a similar position to us been relegated.

It's pretty clear that we're having a cost cutting exercise, preparing for life after parachute payments.
    Tan and co did really well when we got promoted planning for relegation, should it happen of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sky Bet's prices:

25/1 to be relegated.

18/1 to make the play-offs.

50/1 to be promoted (it was 4/1 at the start of the season).

City are now odds against (11/10) to finish in the top half of the table.

One set of odds I really don't understand: the bookies have Cardiff as favourites to win at Bristol on Saturday.

11/5 Bristol, 23/10 the draw, 5/4 Cardiff.
    Agreed. Baffling. Albeit only a small margin, Dutching on Bristol and the draw seems a licence to print money.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    There's no need of it. In fact we really should be in with a good chance of the playoffs but the total insanity of the MM reign so far suggests - yes , we might even get relegated.
    I was in the minority that fully supported the new manager ,believing he was a real pro who'd use our players effectively , but I now think he's got Alzheimer's or something.
    He's not 100% happy with the quality of Harry Wilson so he brings in poor old Jonesy who can no longer get a regular place in a third division team. If he brought him here, you can only conclude that he thinks he's a better option than HW in midfield.

Glatzel isn't great but he lets him go because we've got a bloke from the fourth division to replace him.

Morrison and Nelson have been a bit under par and there's an obvious problem of giving away early goals , so he brings back the clapped out Flint and, even though in both his first two comeback appearances he got it into his own net one way or another within ten minutes , he thinks he's got a great centre back there.

What's going on ...Please!
    There's no way we should be in danger of relegation with the squad we've got ( or had) , AND YET we really could be at this rate.

I really really really can't grasp what's happening here.
    Please tell me we haven’t signed Corporal Jones have we?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Agreed. Baffling. Albeit only a small margin, Dutching on Bristol and the draw seems a licence to print money.
    Surely theyve got them odds the wrong way around?

Edit: it appears not. All bookies have the Wurzels around the 2/1 mark. Maybe they know something we dont. Have they had a spate of the covids??

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Edit: it appears not. All bookies have the Wurzels around the 2/1 mark. Maybe they know something we dont. Have they had a spate of the covids??

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

If they have, we've had a spate of the Micks, so that would even things up.

Very strange post especially when everything Harris was doing was amazing despite the 6 losses in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Some experts claim the ball might return to Earth someday, but their concerns were dismissed as "depressing".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Please tell me we haven’t signed Corporal Jones have we?
    Don't panic!!!

Almost universally accepted that Glatzel was having little or no impact - Watters is 6 yrs younger has is full of energy and running. I'm not concerned about his ability, just City's ability to create chances for him.

Wilson is a skilful player - a top level Championship player, but he is never going to add anything to a poor midfield. Williams offers something completely different to Ralls, Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks. It's £50k for 6 months. If he and Watters give us a couple of wins that we wouldn't have had without them, that's the difference between staying up and not.

The signing of Ng and introduction of Academy players shows the direction City are intending to go next season. Ist job though is to stay in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Almost universally accepted that Glatzel was having little or no impact - Watters is 6 yrs younger has is full of energy and running. I'm not concerned about his ability, just City's ability to create chances for him.

Wilson is a skilful player - a top level Championship player, but he is never going to add anything to a poor midfield. Williams offers something completely different to Ralls, Bacuna, Pack, Vaulks. It's £50k for 6 months. If he and Watters give us a couple of wins that we wouldn't have had without them, that's the difference between staying up and not.

The signing of Ng and introduction of Academy players shows the direction City are intending to go next season. Ist job though is to stay in the Championship.

Aye, mid-table league one.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

I agree with most of this.
    I do think though that the inclusion of Wilson gives us more than when he isn't playing.
    Besides being a threat from free kicks he can also pick a pass if he has runners willing to put in the graft.

Wilson's assist for Moore was so good, he made it look so simple. Running at the defenders and then a perfect short pass, so much so that Kieffer didn't have to break stride.

I am a little more optimistic than some about Mick's business in the transfer window, bearing in mind what the club are trying to do post-parachute payments, and JW will provide those runs which defenders will be afraid of, particularly when Wilson is on the ball.

Glatzel promised much, delivered little so no surprise he's gone.
    As has been said, Kieffer's fitness is key but hopefully Watters can step up and chip in.
    It is a bit of gamble but when we are cutting costs these are the risks that come with it.

The NML saga leaves a bad taste in the mouth and I wish the board would throw some light on the subject as it is just causing bad feeling, something we could do without at this stage of the season.