+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What price are we to go down?

Re: What price are we to go down?

Regardless, maybe relegation would be good. New dawn? New manager? Invest in local talent rather than the glatzel s and madines? Maybe we would keep people like spence and nurture others better? People seem to think it’s so bad but is it really? I’m starting to wonder.....but maybe after 30 years of supporting the chaos I’m starting to lose my mind

Looking more likely after tonight’s results too....

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Very strange post especially when everything Harris was doing was amazing despite the 6 losses in a row
    Very.

What a miserable thread title!

Rotherham beat Derby 3-0 tonight and are now 5 points behind us with a game in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Rotherham beat Derby 3-0 tonight and are now 5 points behind us with a game in hand.
    Huge game on Tuesday with Rotherham in good form

We need to start winning soon because all the teams below us are picking up points.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Huge game on Tuesday with Rotherham in good form
    Scored more goals in the Championship than any other side in 2021. We haven't kept a clean sheet in ages.

Nailed on 1-0 City win!

I could never bet City to get relegated but that 25/1 was a massive price

We need to start winning soon because all the teams below us are picking up points.
    These draws are not going cut it. Need a victory and soon.

The average number of points needed to avoid relegation from the Championship over the last 10 years is 45. I think that it's going to be more like 50 this season.

The average number of points needed to avoid relegation from the Championship over the last 10 years is 45. I think that it's going to be more like 50 this season.
    Yes, that's probable. Wednesday have a better points per game ratio than the table shows because of their deduction to add to the mix.

I think it's worth mentioning that a point a game should ensure survival. Birmingham, Derby and Forest are crap. Rotherham are having a good spell but it'll be interesting to see if that continues. Birmingham and Derby need 23 points from 19 games. One win for any team near the bottom is a golden ticket as it's rare to see lots of teams win at the same time.

5 wins will suffice for us and we'll pick up 5 draws from the other 15 games. As we've been without a win in 8, there's always an element of wondering when that elusive next win will occur. The next 5 games are crucial. If we don't win any of them, we're in the thick of it. 2 wins would be fine and give us some breathing space for the tricky fixtures that follow.