+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sir Tom Moore Passes Away

Re: Sir Tom Moore Passes Away

Why is there always one, and one who always bites, spoiling a tribute to a marvellous man.

RIP Tom Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Why is there always one, and one who always bites, spoiling a tribute to a marvellous man.

RIP Tom Moore.
    Well said

Re: Sir Tom Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Pedantic point taken although...

“NHS Charities
    There are more than 240 NHS charities across the UK and most of them focus on helping our hospitals do more. Collectively these charities give £1 million every day to the NHS so that people can stay well for longer and get better faster. In recent years NHS charities have funded major capital projects, pioneering research and medical equipment at our hospitals, helping patients access the best possible care when they need it most.”

Taken from the NHS Charities website (funnily enough).
    I think you are wrong. Core NHS spending is funded by the taxpayer. Here is an article explaining how the money raised by Sir Tom is being spent. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52758683

However, this is all irrelevant as this thread should not have been hijacked by a person wanting to make a political point. Thankfully it has backfired. RIP Sir TOM. His efforts will never be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

RIP Tom Moore.
    I think you're misinterpreting my observation for a supposed lack of respect? Captain Tom Moore deservedly received the plaudits from many for the reasons I've commented upon.

Cheers for the advice though.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    You need a good pasting.. Couldn't you have just said rip Tom? Bore off with your attention seeking boring political crud
    Do I? Pray tell handsome.

Cheers.

Cheers for the advice though.
    My pleasure

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has encouraged members of the public to clap for Captain Sir Tom Moore at 18:00 GMT on Wednesday.

The 100-year-old, who raised almost £33m for NHS charities by walking laps of his garden, died with coronavirus in Bedford Hospital on Tuesday.

Mr Johnson said the clap would also be for "all those health workers for whom he raised money".

He added Capt Sir Tom's life was "a long life lived well".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-55917475

I clapped for the NHS last year - never missed - but this feels like cynical opportunism (fully backed by Starmer) to use a dead man as a political prop. Most people I know are treating it the same as the 'Clap For Boris' and giving it a swerve. Tom Moore has been exploited enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Prime Minister Boris Johnson has encouraged members of the public to clap for Captain Sir Tom Moore at 18:00 GMT on Wednesday.

The 100-year-old, who raised almost £33m for NHS charities by walking laps of his garden, died with coronavirus in Bedford Hospital on Tuesday.

Mr Johnson said the clap would also be for "all those health workers for whom he raised money".

He added Capt Sir Tom's life was "a long life lived well".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-55917475

I clapped for the NHS last year - never missed - but this feels like cynical opportunism (fully backed by Starmer) to use a dead man as a political prop. Most people I know are treating it the same as the 'Clap For Boris' and giving it a swerve. Tom Moore has been exploited enough.
    Do the other 1,321 people who died from Covid-19 yesterday get a clap or weren't they deemed worthy enough?

For the outraged on here, there's your cuunts comment you've been waiting for.

Rip sir Tom and absolute respect for his achievement.

I’m not sure the level of outpouring of the media is matched by what everyone thinks though. I mean he did great, way better than I ever will, I’m not knocking him AT ALL don’t really get the level I guess

If someone wanted to bury bad news today and yesterday would’ve been the time to do it

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    RI’m not knocking him AT ALL don’t really get the level I guess
    It's probably partly to do with his incredible fundraising achievement and partly to do with the fact that in a 24 hour news cycle that was all doom, gloom and fear, he was the one positive

Not wanting to flame anything but where did the money he raised actually go? I can't find any definitive statements?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Not wanting to flame anything but where did the money he raised actually go? I can't find any definitive statements?
    BBC News - Capt Tom donations: What was the £33m spent on?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52758683

RIP Sir, a shining beacon of hope amongst the general shite of Covid19

Do the other 1,321 people who died from Covid-19 yesterday get a clap or weren't they deemed worthy enough?

For the outraged on here, there's your cuunts comment you've been waiting for.

It's sad for the family that the old boy has zimmered his way up to the pearly gates but I think a national clap and statue are a bit OTT.

Does anyone know how he contracted the virus?

By the way, I had a brief conversation with someone who works for the BBC World Service and he was rather cynical regarding the daughter's manipulation of the media.

I respect what the gentleman did and achieved but I prefer not to engage in national euphoria at either ends of the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does anyone know how he contracted the virus?

By the way, I had a brief conversation with someone who works for the BBC World Service and he was rather cynical regarding the daughter's manipulation of the media.

I respect what the gentleman did and achieved but I prefer not to engage in national euphoria at either ends of the scale.
    Exactly how i feel-well said.