+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England test matches to be shown On terrestrial television.

England test matches to be shown On terrestrial television.

Re: England test matches to be shown On terrestrial television.

Brilliant news.

My Sky Sports contract is up in March.

Im cancelling.

No decent boxing , no cricket , Us on CCTV i think the Masters is on BBC and the Open.

Complete rip off even at a discount.

Great news. Might start work a bit earlier on Friday.

Fantastic news ,watched recent India v Aussie on BT sports ,great series.

Sadly no test match special on BBC as Talksport have ball-by-ball radio rights , which is a huge personal blow for me as I love the radio coverage its pure quality .

That’s really good news. Can’t see us winning a single test out there but there should be some good cricket.

I’m not a huge fan of 20:20 cricket, so thought this 10 over slog on Sky at the moment would be naff. But some of the hitting to day has been incredible. Both Chris Gayle and the opener in the next game both scored 50s off 12 balls. In both games the chasing team reached the 98 target in 4 and a bit overs!!!While it’s not cricket, it’s fantastic hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fantastic news ,watched recent India v Aussie on BT sports ,great series.

Sadly no test match special on BBC as Talksport have ball-by-ball radio rights , which is a huge personal blow for me as I love the radio coverage its pure quality .
    TMS coverage of the recent Sri Lanka Tests was excellent. Quite a feat to have Aggers in his loft, Tufnell at The Oval and others commentating via their tv pictures.

Yeah love the Test commentary when out in the car.

The Aggers wind up of Boycott and him losing his 100th 100 which is on you tube is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah love the Test commentary when out in the car.

The Aggers wind up of Boycott and him losing his 100th 100 which is on you tube is a classic.
    Worth another listen and watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPIjT-zdryY

read your messages bob

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    read your messages bob
    I’ve seen it, will get back to you tomorrow

Free to air via Freesat too - so not just terrestrial, old fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brilliant news.

My Sky Sports contract is up in March.

Im cancelling.
    My thoughts too. I switched it on for the first time in years before christmas to watch the NFL playoffs and because I assumed all of the test cricket was on there. I'll leave it on for the superbowl so I can get tony romo's analysis because he is flippin brilliant, but ill cancel on the Monday. I've not watched more than 10 mins of EPL, it doesn't interest me at all now. I did watch our playoff final against Blackpool, and the league cup final against Liverpool though. My memory of the playoff final was that we were the better side..... I wish I'd not watched it again

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    think its only going to be this overseas series

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    think its only going to be this overseas series
    Yes it is, just the one series, but it’s a foot in the door - I think Sky’s coverage of has always been very good, but I grew up with cricket being Britain’s major summer sport and I think it’s going to lose that status (if it hasn’t done already) if you can only watch it on subscription channels.If the viewing figures for the India series are good enough, maybe cricket can become more like football whereby some games are shown on the old channels.

Yes it is, just the one series, but it’s a foot in the door - I think Sky’s coverage of has always been very good, but I grew up with cricket being Britain’s major summer sport and I think it’s going to lose that status (if it hasn’t done already) if you can only watch it on subscription channels.If the viewing figures for the India series are good enough, maybe cricket can become more like football whereby some games are shown on the old channels.
    fingers crossed i would sit all day watching it on the bbc when i was young

Agree that the Sky cricket coverage is good. Most cricket coverage is good though unlike a lot of sports coverage.

Some of the football and boxing especially is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    My thoughts too. I switched it on for the first time in years before christmas to watch the NFL playoffs and because I assumed all of the test cricket was on there. I'll leave it on for the superbowl so I can get tony romo's analysis because he is flippin brilliant, but ill cancel on the Monday. I've not watched more than 10 mins of EPL, it doesn't interest me at all now. I did watch our playoff final against Blackpool, and the league cup final against Liverpool though. My memory of the playoff final was that we were the better side..... I wish I'd not watched it again
    Just had a look to see what's on Sky sports and the choices aren't great.
    Gillingham v Lincoln League 1 for live footy the others are usual recycled "non-news" chanel using "Sky Sources" or a programme on Jamie Carragher and how good he was.... NOT!!
    (Funny how they do these features on their own employees!)

When they came on the scene in the late 80's/90's Sky did set the bar high regarding coverage and the use of mod tech.
    But BT have grabbed many of the Premiership games and have had the champions league games for a few years now.
    SKY used to be decent value for what they offered, not any more IMHO.