+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's this free agent?

Re: Where's this free agent?

I see that Huddersfield are looking at offering Niasse a contract

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I had real hopes for Glatzel. He is technically good, can finish, but just didn't fit with the way we were playing. He could have been a much better fit - and he had the chances - but it was as if he played himself out of the picture in his last few outings. The club commentary towards the end from the Millwall match summed it up for me, when Steve Morison was despairing about Glatzel's play and positioning. It was as if he had lost the plot; in the same way that Neil Harris had lost it towards the end. Sometimes you just have to accept it isn't happening! I think Harris will be successful somewhere else and I think Glatzel will come good - maybe even for us next season.

It makes perfect sense for Mick to bring in an experienced free agent striker on a short term deal. We had Moore-Glatzel-Harris and now we have Moore-Watters-Harris. I think we have gone backwards in quality and depth in the short term, even if there are more u23s pushing for a place on the pitch as well as the bench. Mick may be more of a tactical and coaching genius than I imagined, and be able to convert one of the other forward players into a credible striker option (Murphy possibly) but given our league position I want some squad security, so I hope WOL got it right.

Welcome Mr Sturridge, sir!
    I've often thought Murphy looks better down the middle, quick, good shot on him, can carry the ball

Glatzel went out on loan, did you look for a replacement?

Mick McCarthy:"Yeah we did.

"We had a few pending loans that were looking like we could get one of them, then they didn’t happen. It just didn’t happen.

"In the end, if that’s the case, Mark Harris has got to play, Max Watters has got to play.

"We had Rubin in the squad as well, who is not an out and out striker, but can drop in the No.10.

"We play the players we have and some of the youngsters."

No thought of Glatzel staying?

"Not really, no. He needed a move to go and find himself, re-energise himself. Get back playing, get back scoring goals.

"I hadn’t seen that here with us.

"Max Watters, Mark Harris, I’ll play them."

A lot of responsibility for them?

"Yeah it is. But I’m quite happy to play them."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-19776958

Do you have any thoughts on signing a free agent striker?

Mick McCarthy: "It is pretty unlikely. But if there was someone who was available who ticked all the boxes… well I say that, but if they did tick all the boxes they wouldn’t be available, would they?

"But if there was someone, because we are still a bit light, then we would consider it, yes.

"But I still believe we have the players we’ve got, including Max Watters, Mark Harris, Rubin, Isaak, whoever, the lads below have got to have the games."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-19776958

Give Isaak Davies a go I say. Looks a real pain in the arse to defenders. We havent had a player like that for a long, long time.

20 mins off the bench when defenders are tiring.

Danny Gabbidon says hes expecting big things from the kid, plus I know his dad well so I am biased.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give Isaak Davies a go I say. Looks a real pain in the arse to defenders. We havent had a player like that for a long, long time.

20 mins off the bench when defenders are tiring.

Danny Gabbidon says hes expecting big things from the kid, plus I know his dad well so I am biased.
    I think this is part of the issue.

I keep hearing people want more youth involved yet they want enough first team players to keep then out. Yes they have to be good enough but surely we have enough to give some a chance.

Strangly the youth on the bench seems to change and be random

Oumar Niasse deal with Huddersfield is 'in the works'!

https://the72.co.uk/220752/huddersfi...-in-the-works/