+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAN had a good offer to sell the club, but told them to sod off?

Re: TAN had a good offer to sell the club, but told them to sod off?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    For Christ’s sake why can’t you let it go, Tan made a mistake changing the Clubs colours, he rectified that but some people just can’t forgive and forget. And yes the Club has progressed immensely since he took over. He is without doubt the best owner of CCFC in my lifetime.
    If you choose not to support the Club that is your choice but don’t keep on with your negative innuendos and dig at Tan.
    He isn’t the only one to ever make a mistake.
    Funny enough the few who can't let it go are the same ones that said nothing when a certain other owner was taking us to the cleaners. Maybe Tan could buy their support with an ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Even if he turned around and said the club still in debt for say £70 million, which is largely due to his multiple CEO bad mgt and poor mgt choice over the years. I’m not sure we are in debt by the way. As for Sam he hasnt the means to take us forward, he’s nothing compared to Tan in terms of wealth, all he would do is hand himself a nice 1 million a year salary and we’d immediately be in debt to the tune of how much he borrowed to by us.....
    When we were facing court and winding up orders he was still taking £900k for his services company and even demanded a payment to his brother or cousin when we were close to the brink. Tan is not perfect but other than the red crap we are stable.

For Christ’s sake why can’t you let it go, Tan made a mistake changing the Clubs colours, he rectified that but some people just can’t forgive and forget. And yes the Club has progressed immensely since he took over. He is without doubt the best owner of CCFC in my lifetime.

Little aggressive there, Cleve. Are you having a bad weekend, perhaps?

You say the club has progressed 'immensely' since Tan took control, which effectively happened in 2012. That's your opinion, which is fair enough. So, given that you believe the club has progressed 'immensely' since 2012, in what ways would you say that progress is evident to anyone who is looking for differences between Cardiff City Football Club in 2012 and Cardiff City Football Club in 2021? Can you provide any examples of the immense progress to which you allude?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Funny enough the few who can't let it go are the same ones that said nothing when a certain other owner was taking us to the cleaners. Maybe Tan could buy their support with an ice cream
    It appears that there are those who simply cannot let the Hammam era go and bring it up frequently. The debate here is about the club's progress or otherwise under the stewardship of Vincent Tan, not Sam Hammam. The latter is long gone. The former is the club's current owner.

Comparing Vincent Tan with Sam Hammam is about as valid as comparing Mick McCarthy with Dave Jones.

I think Dalman was bullshitting. I dont believe there was a good offer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    'Wealth increase of 10 men during pandemic could buy vaccines for all'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55793575

Although only focusing on those 10, who's to say that Mr Tan has not benefited from the pandemic financially?
    Strange. We have had several posters on here telling us we don't have any money and we can't afford this or that, the situation has damaged the businesses he owns etc. So maybe our penniless owner may not be so broke. As I keep saying no one knows

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It appears that there are those who simply cannot let the Hammam era go and bring it up frequently. The debate here is about the club's progress or otherwise under the stewardship of Vincent Tan, not Sam Hammam. The latter is long gone. The former is the club's current owner.

Comparing Vincent Tan with Sam Hammam is about as valid as comparing Mick McCarthy with Dave Jones.
    Perhaps it is quite valid as Dave Jones is long gone, with no mention of a return whatsoever, he hasn’t reared his ugly head over the intervening years suggesting/demanding that the club are still in debt to him, threatening legal action etc. Whereas Hammam, although long gone, is still hovering around like a bad smell with his name thrown into the hat, whether true or not, whenever potential buy outs are mentioned. Dave Jones has moved on and disassociated himself from us completely I’d imagine whereas Sam Hammam certainly hasn’t.

You say the club has progressed 'immensely' since Tan took control, which effectively happened in 2012. That's your opinion, which is fair enough. So, given that you believe the club has progressed 'immensely' since 2012, in what ways would you say that progress is evident to anyone who is looking for differences between Cardiff City Football Club in 2012 and Cardiff City Football Club in 2021? Can you provide any examples of the immense progress to which you allude?
    Been in Premier League twice, finished second in Championship with club record number of points and automatic promotion, own the stadium outright, debt to equity conversion, charitable trust/foundation created supporting local communities with millions of pounds of Tans money, training ground facilities vastly improved, academy creation, etc etc. Is that enough ?

How can you forget the two glorious seasons in the sun??

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Been in Premier League twice, finished second in Championship with club record number of points and automatic promotion, own the stadium outright, debt to equity conversion, charitable trust/foundation created supporting local communities with millions of pounds of Tans money, training ground facilities vastly improved, academy creation, etc etc. Is that enough ?

Thank you dml, my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Whereas Hammam, although long gone, is still hovering around like a bad smell with his name thrown into the hat, whether true or not, whenever potential buy outs are mentioned.
    What do you reckon the chances of Sam Hammam ever returning to the CCFC boardroom are, either as an owner or a board member? I'd say absolute zero.

What do you reckon the chances of Sam Hammam ever returning to the CCFC boardroom are, either as an owner or a board member? I'd say absolute zero.
    It's soundbite bullshit in my opinion. Hammam isn't relevant anymore, he spouts a bit of shit and the local rag publishes it, threatens a bit of legal action based on absolutely nothing. He's a bit of a joke, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Well, let's see now.....

Been in the Premier League twice - been relegated twice. Currently occupying a lower position in the Championship than when Tan assumed control. Could that be described as progress?

Own the stadium outright - but wasn't that the case before Tan arrived? Didn't he buy a football club that already owned its own stadium? If not, who owned it when he arrived?

Debt to equity conversion - so how large was the club's debt when Tan took control? And how much debt is the club in now? Do you know? I confess I don't.

Charitable trust foundation supporting local communities with millions of pounds of Tan's money - I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge on that one as I didn't know such a thing existed.

Training ground facilities vastly improved - I'll bow to your greater knowledge on that one too. I was under the impression that Tan promised to build new training facilities at the time of the rebrand, but those plans never came to fruition. I believed the club doesn't own it's own training facilities, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Academy creation - wasn't the academy created long before Tan arrived?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's soundbite bullshit in my opinion. Hammam isn't relevant anymore, he spouts a bit of shit and the local rag publishes it, threatens a bit of legal action based on absolutely nothing. He's a bit of a joke, it seems.
    Indeed, although I'm not sure he's actually said anything to the local press for a long time. I could be wrong, but I think the mentions of Hammam's name have been made by Mehmet Dalman in recent years, not Hammam himself.

Well, let's see now.....

Been in the Premier League twice - been relegated twice. Currently occupying a lower position in the Championship than when Tan assumed control. Could that be described as progress?

Own the stadium outright - but wasn't that the case before Tan arrived? Didn't he buy a football club that already owned its own stadium? If not, who owned it when he arrived?

Debt to equity conversion - so how large was the club's debt when Tan took control? And how much debt is the club in now? Do you know? I confess I don't.

Charitable trust foundation supporting local communities with millions of pounds of Tan's money - I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge on that one as I didn't know such a thing existed.

Training ground facilities vastly improved - I'll bow to your greater knowledge on that one too. I was under the impression that Tan promised to build new training facilities at the time of the rebrand, but those plans never came to fruition. I believed the club doesn't own it's own training facilities, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Academy creation - wasn't the academy created long before Tan arrived?
    Can you name a better owner we’ve had other than Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Can you name a better owner we’ve had other than Tan?
    The Junior Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Still has a few fanboys who love him dearly.
    They criticise every owner except Hammam even though he rebranded our badge and took us heavily into debt and close to closure hhmmm.

The Junior Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Still has a few fanboys who love him dearly.
    They criticise every owner except Hammam even though he rebranded our badge and took us heavily into debt and close to closure hhmmm.
    He also wanted to change the Club colours to GREEN.

The Junior Bluebirds.
    Very good.!
    Seriously though, there hasn’t been a better owner has there? I know anyone in your bad books are in there for eternity, and you saw this thread as an opportunity to stick another pin in your Tan doll, I understand 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Seriously though, there hasn’t been a better owner has there? I know anyone in your bad books are in there for eternity, and you saw this thread as an opportunity to stick another pin in your Tan doll, I understand
    To be honest, I don't really see the value in comparing Vincent Tan with any previous club owners. They're all either dead or gone, never to return, so what's the point? Different times, different situations. I also don't believe we'll be able to truly evaluate the Tan era until he finally slings his hook. After all, who knows where the club will end up under him?

I'm just interested and a little bit puzzled by those who apparently hold VT in such high regard. I don't really understand what it is he's supposed to have done which makes them think so highly of him. Much of it maybe fiction judging by dml1954's submission and Cleeve's endorsement of that post.

To be honest, I don't really see the value in comparing Vincent Tan with any previous club owners. They're all either dead or gone, never to return, so what's the point? Different times, different situations. I also don't believe we'll be able to truly evaluate the Tan era until he finally slings his hook. After all, who knows where the club will end up under him?

I'm just interested and a little bit puzzled by those who apparently hold VT in such high regard. I don't really understand what it is he's supposed to have done which makes them think so highly of him. Much of it maybe fiction judging by dml1954's submission and Cleeve's endorsement of that post.
    Why is Sam Hammam held in such high esteem by some then? If you can find any defence for that then I will be amazed.

Why is Sam Hammam held in such high esteem by some then? If you can find any defence for that then I will be amazed.
    I'd guess it's because when Hammam bought the club it was languishing in League Two and when he stepped aside it was top of the Championship - in it's highest league position for more than thirty years. Don't forget that before Hammam took over at Cardiff City in 2000, the club hadn't been in the second tier of English football since 1985 - it was in a desperate state and the fans had largely lost hope.

But why are we talking about Sam Hammam? Why are you and a handful of others so fixated on him? Why not explain what it is about Vincent Tan's ownership that you find so appealing?

He also wanted to change the Club colours to GREEN.
    The difference being Hammam took advice and didnt let his arrogance mean he did it anyway.

I'd guess it's because when Hammam bought the club it was languishing in League Two and when he stepped aside it was top of the Championship - in it's highest league position for more than thirty years. Don't forget that before Hammam took over at Cardiff City in 2000, the club hadn't been in the second tier of English football since 1985 - it was in a desperate state and the fans had largely lost hope.

But why are we talking about Sam Hammam? Why are you and a handful of others so fixated on him? Why not explain what it is about Vincent Tan's ownership that you find so appealing?
    Yet when Hammam left, the Club was on the verge of liquidation, Ridsdale then TG came on board but there were still winding up orders still happening. Tan came in and brought stability and more success to the Club. As has been said he made mistakes Changing the colours to red, got stitched up by managers, but overall the Club has still had a relatively successful period under him - more so than any other in the past 60 years. So there you have it