+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAN had a good offer to sell the club, but told them to sod off?

Re: TAN had a good offer to sell the club, but told them to sod off?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If he's run us as a business then he's failed massively. He should have got someone in straight away, in the background that knew football. That one appointment could have saved a lot of money and disappointment.
    Lots of clubs are run by football people and they still don't have a clue. One of the most experienced would be Peter Ridsdale and that wasn't a great time either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Lots of clubs are run by football people and they still don't have a clue. One of the most experienced would be Peter Ridsdale and that wasn't a great time either.
    Yeah not saying it guarantees success just better than what we currently have in my opinion.

We've been to the Premier League twice (don't personally count that first time mind) but with a bit more direction and clever management behind the scenes we could have quite easily stayed up at least one season.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Half of Malaysians are Chinese Malay I think?
    Top half or bottom half?

If he refused to sell due to it being an unfit potential buyer then Vincent Tan needs to be applauded.
    And if it was Sam Hammam involved thank god Tan refused we have been bitten by him once before and he still refuses to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No - it was debt free in 5 years - and was said 5 years ago (mid February 2016).

Since then Mehmet Dalman has answered questions about the 'debt free' commitment several times - and the Trust has given regular commentaries on progress.

I may not have remembered this right - but I think Tan has converted £79m to equity and written off other debts on top of that - but the Board advised him to postpone any further conversions (last year or the year before?) because (I think) of FFP rules and since then the Covid impact.

Maybe Keith can give an update on the latest position.

Whatever - Tan went a long way to doing what he said in 2016, but is not there yet.
    Best owner we’ve ever had.

If he's run us as a business then he's failed massively. He should have got someone in straight away, in the background that knew football. That one appointment could have saved a lot of money and disappointment.
    Probably like every other Club then, which Clubs are profitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Probably like every other Club then, which Clubs are profitable?
    Not many but we'd be better financially had we stayed in the Premier League, can't argue with that

Not many but we'd be better financially had we stayed in the Premier League, can't argue with that
    Would we? Until our wage bill creeps up to something crazy like 100 million like most mid table PL clubs, then it’s a fine balance to make sure you don’t go down and into possible oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Would we? Until our wage bill creeps up to something crazy like 100 million like most mid table PL clubs, then it’s a fine balance to make sure you don’t go down and into possible oblivion
    Seems like oblivion is closer than most of us would like to admit at the moment.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I'm not pretending to have any insider knowledge. The businesses that I know that Tan is involved in, and this is in the public domain are in retail, hotels, McDonald's franchises and car sales. All those have been affected by the pandemic. In that scenario cash flow is not going to be good and it really doesn't take a chartered accountant to suggest that he ought to consider selling loss making businesses. Doesnt mean to say he will though.
    But a lot of those businesses, if they are not trading they just lay the staff off, so overheads are reduced, and if he got rid of them then in 12 months time somebody else would be making all the money from them. As someone else said, you don't sell at the bottom of the market.

International

Seems like oblivion is closer than most of us would like to admit at the moment.
    Why do you say that? What is the evidence for it?
    Whatever the financial state there are a lot of clubs that will go bust before we do, you can bet on that.

Won't necessarily be an entirely bad thing when the money inevitably reduces in football . Personally I don't like huge clubs just buying success or making the top spots in the premiership impossible for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why do you say that? What is the evidence for it?
    Whatever the financial state there are a lot of clubs that will go bust before we do, you can bet on that.
    I'm judging what I see on the pitch, League One is closer than it's been for a long long time and the financial implications of that don't bear thinking of.

Yeah not saying it guarantees success just better than what we currently have in my opinion.

We've been to the Premier League twice (don't personally count that first time mind) but with a bit more direction and clever management behind the scenes we could have quite easily stayed up at least one season.
    I do agree, I think our problem will always be Tan trusted Malky and it backfired big time and I don't see that trust happening again.

Problem with "football men" is they don't tend to have the money or it isn't their money. Or even worse someone like Sam who had a little money but still trying to screw us decades on.

Anyone notice that there is a Ccfc sponsor called Samtrust I think it is - finance company?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Anyone notice that there is a Ccfc sponsor called Samtrust I think it is - finance company?
    Sam and trust in the same name 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Its Samtrade FX, some online brokerage firm

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I do agree, I think our problem will always be Tan trusted Malky and it backfired big time and I don't see that trust happening again.

Problem with "football men" is they don't tend to have the money or it isn't their money. Or even worse someone like Sam who had a little money but still trying to screw us decades on.
    He also trusted Warnock sadly. Other than the red fiasco Tan has been by far the best owner.
    If he didn't sell because he's happy owning us then great.
    If he didn't sell because he thought the buyers were no good for the club then he needs to be applauded.
    People bring our debts up but we have never been looking our shoulders with court cases threatening us with closure.
    Ridsdale wasn't has bad as he's made out i believe he did what he had to do here after the mess he was left.
    As for Sam hammam if it was him behind a offer to buy the club thank god Tan told him to bugger off.
    After selling Earnie , Kav , Collins and Gabbidon etc we were still 31 million in debt i think it would have been near 45 million now..
    Hammam's company, Rudgwick was taking £900000 a year for management services 🙄
    Fans who want Tan to sell should be careful what they wish for

No we are safe Tan won't sell to Hammam so we are not close to oblivion..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    No we are safe Tan won't sell to Hammam so we are not close to oblivion..
    After the win yesterday my comments seems ridiculous but I was genuinely concerned we were sleep walking towards relegation.

I agree, Sam is a character, I invited him to my stag do and he rang me in work, to decline but to say we
    needed more fans so to get making babies, 🤣 but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Best owner we’ve ever had.
    Do you believe the club has progressed since Tan took full control? If so, in what respects?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you believe the club has progressed since Tan took full control? If so, in what respects?
    Yes - Stability

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    For Christ’s sake why can’t you let it go, Tan made a mistake changing the Clubs colours, he rectified that but some people just can’t forgive and forget. And yes the Club has progressed immensely since he took over. He is without doubt the best owner of CCFC in my lifetime.
    If you choose not to support the Club that is your choice but don’t keep on with your negative innuendos and dig at Tan.
    He isn’t the only one to ever make a mistake.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I'm not pretending to have any insider knowledge. The businesses that I know that Tan is involved in, and this is in the public domain are in retail, hotels, McDonald's franchises and car sales. All those have been affected by the pandemic. In that scenario cash flow is not going to be good and it really doesn't take a chartered accountant to suggest that he ought to consider selling loss making businesses. Doesnt mean to say he will though.
    'Wealth increase of 10 men during pandemic could buy vaccines for all'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55793575

Although only focusing on those 10, who's to say that Mr Tan has not benefited from the pandemic financially?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yes - Stability
    Even if he turned around and said the club still in debt for say £70 million, which is largely due to his multiple CEO bad mgt and poor mgt choice over the years. I’m not sure we are in debt by the way. As for Sam he hasnt the means to take us forward, he’s nothing compared to Tan in terms of wealth, all he would do is hand himself a nice 1 million a year salary and we’d immediately be in debt to the tune of how much he borrowed to by us.....