+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TAN had a good offer to sell the club, but told them to sod off?

Re: TAN had a good offer to sell the club, but told them to sod off?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Tan came in and brought stability and more success to the Club.
    The word 'stability' has been used several times in this thread, presumably in relation to the club's financial position. But can a club that is reportedly deep in debt, allegedly losing an additional £3 million a month while stagnating in the middle of the Championship and apparently entirely dependent upon the continued financial support of a 68 year-old Malaysian businessman genuinely be considered to be stable?

You have your thoughts, others on here have theirs. This could go on for ever and a day and we’d all have the same opinions. As far as I’m concerned end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    As far as I’m concerned end of discussion.
    It's been great talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's been great talking to you.

Always is.

The word 'stability' has been used several times in this thread, presumably in relation to the club's financial position. But can a club that is reportedly deep in debt, allegedly losing an additional £3 million a month while stagnating in the middle of the Championship and apparently entirely dependent upon the continued financial support of a 68 year-old Malaysian businessman genuinely be considered to be stable?
    I totally agree with your sentiments and analysis.

A couple of weeks back I asked the same question as to why Tan turned down what he has stated to be a 'good" offer without explaining his reasons. I was taken back by many of the defensive replies to my question, many from some of the same people who have contributed to this thread.

I couldn't understand why the question was thought of being an attack on Tan not why no one else appeared interested to speculate on the guy's motives for turning down the offer.

If he had straight out said he had no confidence on the proposed new owners and thought they might be detrimental to Cardiff City's well being that would have been appreciated. He would have been regarded I'm high esteem I think.

On the other hand I speculated that if he was holding out for a better than "good" offer in the present climate and when losing £3 million a month, then it becomes a little more fanciful.

I posed the question not as an attack on Tan but to try to fathom out what are his plans for the club. I hated the rebrand but in fairness to Tan that's now in the past. I've got no grievance with the chap but see the club stagnating at best under his ownership. He has neither the personnel not structure in place to inspire confidence we can better develop.

I don't think it's a question of who has been the best owner of the club. Let's be fair we've never been blessed with anyone too spectacular in our history. I personally don't think Tan has the ambition or wherewithal to take us any further and I would love to know what he wants to do with us. Is that such a crime?

We are probably in the same financial mess as most clubs in the Championship, and probably clubs like Hull and Sunderland in League 1. The Covid-19 situation has obviously made things worse. In fact we are probably better of than some clubs, like Derby and Sheff Wed(?) who sold their respective grounds to their owners, a decision made by the owner. Mmm. That's the sort of thing that Hammam bloke would do.

As regards to SH being involved, all Dalman said was that there had been offers for the club. I think a certain person who runs a forum, indicating it was him, but also said it was an 'overseas business man', trying to claim it was the forum owner.....for £50m. I would say neither of these people have those sort of funds? Maybe they'd borrow it and then pass the debts on to the clubs, charge 10% interest and take about £1m a year out? Who knows? I suppose we will find out how VT has treated the club when it is finally sold on, but for now we have to be grateful for him being here.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    We are probably in the same financial mess as most clubs in the Championship, and probably clubs like Hull and Sunderland in League 1. The Covid-19 situation has obviously made things worse. In fact we are probably better of than some clubs, like Derby and Sheff Wed(?) who sold their respective grounds to their owners, a decision made by the owner. Mmm. That's the sort of thing that Hammam bloke would do.

As regards to SH being involved, all Dalman said was that there had been offers for the club. I think a certain person who runs a forum, indicating it was him, but also said it was an 'overseas business man', trying to claim it was the forum owner.....for £50m. I would say neither of these people have those sort of funds? Maybe they'd borrow it and then pass the debts on to the clubs, charge 10% interest and take about £1m a year out? Who knows? I suppose we will find out how VT has treated the club when it is finally sold on, but for now we have to be grateful for him being here.
    That has to be the case with the amount of propaganda on that site the last few months. You can't help but feel every statement or 'breaking' report is heavily loaded.

I'd guess it's because when Hammam bought the club it was languishing in League Two and when he stepped aside it was top of the Championship - in it's highest league position for more than thirty years. Don't forget that before Hammam took over at Cardiff City in 2000, the club hadn't been in the second tier of English football since 1985 - it was in a desperate state and the fans had largely lost hope.

But why are we talking about Sam Hammam? Why are you and a handful of others so fixated on him? Why not explain what it is about Vincent Tan's ownership that you find so appealing?
    We are talking about sam hammam because it's been said on this thread that he was linked to an offer to buy us?
    I and no doubt majority of the fan base will not want him back anywhere near our club.
    The handful of usual suspects that would love him back are total hypocrites who have an agenda that's more important to them than the club's well being..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We are talking about sam hammam because it's been said on this thread that he was linked to an offer to buy us?
    One person mentioned a rumour on another message board and unsurprisingly you pounced on it. You seem to have some sort of an obsession where Hammam is concerned - you talk about him more often than the rest of the contributors to this board combined. It's bizarre under the circumstances. It's as if you're trapped in a time warp.

The simple truth of the matter is that Sam Hammam didn't have enough money to sustain a Championship club in 2006, hence the fact that he was powerless to resist being ousted by Peter Ridsdale and a group of local businessmen. The chances of him having enough money to buy Cardiff City in 2021 are absolute zero.

If I were you, I'd be far more concerned by the fact that Cardiff City is currently owned and controlled by 68 year-old Malaysian businessman whose intentions for the club are unclear. The fact that, according to his minions, the club is entirely dependent upon the continued financial support of a man of Vincent Tan's age and disposition should be a worry to any fan, especially as the only other people currently involved in the football club are a chairman who Tan brought in and who was apparently attempting to buy Charlton not so long ago, a CEO who previously ran Tan's hotel chain and the boss of a local engineering firm who is CCFC through and through but who didn't have the financial clout to sustain the club in League Two twenty years ago, let alone the Championship in this day and age.

One person mentioned a rumour on another message board and unsurprisingly you pounced on it. You seem to have some sort of an obsession where Hammam is concerned - you talk about him more often than the rest of the contributors to this board combined. It's bizarre under the circumstances. It's as if you're trapped in a time warp.

The simple truth of the matter is that Sam Hammam didn't have enough money to sustain a Championship club in 2006, hence the fact that he was powerless to resist being ousted by Peter Ridsdale and a group of local businessmen. The chances of him having enough money to buy Cardiff City in 2021 are absolute zero.

If I were you, I'd be far more concerned by the fact that Cardiff City is currently owned and controlled by 68 year-old Malaysian businessman whose intentions for the club are unclear. The fact that, according to his minions, the club is entirely dependent upon the continued financial support of a man of Vincent Tan's age and disposition should be a worry to any fan, especially as the only other people currently involved in the football club are a chairman who Tan brought in and who was apparently attempting to buy Charlton not so long ago, a CEO who previously ran Tan's hotel chain and the boss of a local engineering firm who is CCFC through and through but who didn't have the financial clout to sustain the club in League Two twenty years ago, let alone the Championship in this day and age.
    My memory on the ousting of Sam hammam is vague but wasn’t he done over by PMG When the deal for the stadium was being done?
    Was his plan for the club to own the retail park to provide lasting income? Didnt they hi Jack all this leaving hammam with no choice but to sell up as the taffia had it all sewn up with the new council leader at that time? He def didn’t have the funds but did he have a plan to make the club self sustainable or is that wrong? Appears like it would have been a great idea as even as a mid table championship side with average players we lose millions every month, allegedly.......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My memory on the ousting of Sam hammam is vague but wasn’t he done over by PMG When the deal for the stadium was being done?
    To be honest, it's so long ago that I can't recall the exact details, but it boiled down to Hammam running out of money and falling out with the council, so he was ousted by a consortium consisting of PMG, Borley and Isaac with Ridsdale acting as their front man. They initially pretended there was a wealthy hedge fund involved, but that was just a smokescreen to get rid of Hammam. PMG & Co got the retail park and the stadium built, but then needed the Malaysian investment fronted by Dato Chan Tien Ghee to keep the football club afloat. Ridsdale was duly sent packing and PMG and Isaac were also quickly paid off or had their shares diluted by Vincent Tan before Tien Ghee was also ousted. Borley struck various deals with Tan over Houses of Sport and the likes, so he clung onto his place on the board.

I'm not sure if the club was ever supposed to own the retail park - I think the income from that was supposed to pay for the stadium build. Something like that, but it was so long ago I honestly can't remember what the exact situation was or was supposed to be.