Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
First of all, Sheff Wed are playing with a six point deduction, so check the table and see where they would be without that. Also they are one of the biggest clubs in the division (ground, squad, fanbase), so it was always likely that they would put a run together and get out of it. With regard to Ralls, I was referring to his performances this season which have been lacklustre to say the least and pointing out that some of Patersons effort and commitment wouldn't go amiss now with players like Ralls and Bacuna. Paterson played in 32 league games (35 in total)in the promotion season and scored 10 goals and if you remember he missed the first two months of the season because he was recovering from the Cruciate injury he had at Hearts. His record therefore stands close comparison with Ralls, who only scored 7 goals, and Paterson in my opinion was therefore also a key part of that side.
They'd still be below us. 6 points behind and a worse goal difference. What does the size of their ground have to do with Callum Paterson?

No he doesn't compare to Ralls, as I pointed out Ralls played 1,000 minutes more than Paterson in a set position. They also played completely different roles in that side, so its frankly baffling that you're comparing Paterson and Ralls' goalscoring record as if it proves anything, Paterson played further forward than Ralls. I notice you don't refute that our performances were worse with Paterson in the side, which surely indicates he isn't the answer to our problems?

People on here keep saying a lack of effort is the reason our performances have been the issue this season, it really isn't, the issue is lack of quality, not lack of effort. Ralls has been asked this season to play in roles he's completely unsuited to by the previous manager and his form has suffered as a result. I honestly can't believe some on here think Paterson is a better midfielder than him