+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's this free agent?

Where's this free agent?

Has the planned unattached player signing fallen through as well?

Re: Where's this free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Nah, Rickie Lambert is just preparing his greenhouse for the spring, as soon as he's done he's coming down.

I was wondering that too. But looking at the currently available strikers - if we do sign one - I can't see them being a starter. Unless, it's Daniel Sturridge!

A clue he will Costa a lot

I keep saying ...it's Danny Graham. Just released by Sunderland so perfect for us....35 and injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I keep saying ...it's Danny Graham. Just released by Sunderland so perfect for us....35 and injury prone.
    When Forest signed 37 year old Glenn Murray the other I was surprised we hadn't been linked to him.

bojan?

It seems to me that there wasn’t a free agent incoming until whoever we were after had the plug pulled.

Now we are looking for a free agent, we just have to find one

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I know you're not serious but he announced his retirement today.

I think there’s been some confusion: they’re getting in an estate agent to rent out the stadium car park for an drive-in cinema when restrictions are eased...

Bring Jay home

OUMAR NIASSE would be decent at our level

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Agree he would link up well with Keiffer as he’s rapid and runs the channels!

Personally I think he's PL level and don't understand why no one has picked him up.

I'd be chuffed if he came back

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Personally I think he's PL level and don't understand why no one has picked him up.

I'd be chuffed if he came back
    He's scored 12 goals in 65 games in the premier league, that doesn't suggest he's a premier league quality striker.

He last scored a premier league goal in the 2017/18 season, he's now 30 and has barely played in a few years.
    I think he'd be ok here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's scored 12 goals in 65 games in the premier league, that doesn't suggest he's a premier league quality striker.

He last scored a premier league goal in the 2017/18 season, he's now 30 and has barely played in a few years.
    Much more of an exciting signing than Jonny Williams in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

He looked half decent outside of the box, it was when he ventured inside of the box with the ball that he looked a bit, well....clueless!

Did the club say we were looking at a free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No.it’s all speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    No.it’s all speculation
    Oh, didn't think I'd seen anything.

What a weird transfer window, people moaning about us signing old players yet everyone we signed were all of a good age.

People moaning about a free agent not signing that the club have never said they were looking at.

I think it was Wales Online speculating (but trying to make it sound ITK) towards the end of deadline day. It was the back up story to the 'Jordan Rhodes deal' that wasn't.

I reckon it's Jon Parkin. We may go down but we'll have a laugh doing it!

Although Niasse isn't a bad shout.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think it was Wales Online speculating (but trying to make it sound ITK) towards the end of deadline day. It was the back up story to the 'Jordan Rhodes deal' that wasn't.

I reckon it's Jon Parkin. We may go down but we'll have a laugh doing it!

Although Niasse isn't a bad shout.
    Ah WoL they probably got it off a message board then lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted Rhodes. To be honest I don't think we are any worse off upfront than we were at the start of Jan.

Ah WoL they probably got it off a message board then lol.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted Rhodes. To be honest I don't think we are any worse off upfront than we were at the start of Jan.
    I had real hopes for Glatzel. He is technically good, can finish, but just didn't fit with the way we were playing. He could have been a much better fit - and he had the chances - but it was as if he played himself out of the picture in his last few outings. The club commentary towards the end from the Millwall match summed it up for me, when Steve Morison was despairing about Glatzel's play and positioning. It was as if he had lost the plot; in the same way that Neil Harris had lost it towards the end. Sometimes you just have to accept it isn't happening! I think Harris will be successful somewhere else and I think Glatzel will come good - maybe even for us next season.

It makes perfect sense for Mick to bring in an experienced free agent striker on a short term deal. We had Moore-Glatzel-Harris and now we have Moore-Watters-Harris. I think we have gone backwards in quality and depth in the short term, even if there are more u23s pushing for a place on the pitch as well as the bench. Mick may be more of a tactical and coaching genius than I imagined, and be able to convert one of the other forward players into a credible striker option (Murphy possibly) but given our league position I want some squad security, so I hope WOL got it right.

Welcome Mr Sturridge, sir!

Would do a good job in Championship ,bring him home Mick