Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
Patterson was probably our most sellable assets last summer because I) he regularly makes a positive impact in this league for all the reasons said in this thread and ii) he wasn't going to be in our starting XI or likely to play a big role going forward for all the reasons said in this thread.

He's young so time for him to develop and make this appear a bigger mistake, but as far as we know only one team put in a serious bid and their ambitions were to fight off relegation rather than fight for promotion. That bid made and agreed to was for some people shockingly low.

My one remaining question is whether than bust-up with Bacuna on the pitch had any sway in us looking to sell? I guess we'll always have that time he stole a free-kick Fulham away in the play-offs for falling over at the slightest of contacts which, if memory serves, he initiated. That's not to say he wasn't a loveable character, just that I think he'd stopped doing what had made him good and was ready to move on even if we had wanted to keep him.
Thinking about it, he did cut a bit of a frustrated figure in the run in to the playoffs. Whether that was due to a lack of playing time or other things, I dare say we'll never know.