+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91

Thread: Callum Paterson

  1. #51

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    First of all, Sheff Wed are playing with a six point deduction, so check the table and see where they would be without that. Also they are one of the biggest clubs in the division (ground, squad, fanbase), so it was always likely that they would put a run together and get out of it. With regard to Ralls, I was referring to his performances this season which have been lacklustre to say the least and pointing out that some of Patersons effort and commitment wouldn't go amiss now with players like Ralls and Bacuna. Paterson played in 32 league games (35 in total)in the promotion season and scored 10 goals and if you remember he missed the first two months of the season because he was recovering from the Cruciate injury he had at Hearts. His record therefore stands close comparison with Ralls, who only scored 7 goals, and Paterson in my opinion was therefore also a key part of that side.
    Slagging off Ralls and Bacuna now. Give it a rest you negative bastard.

  2. #52

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He absolutely did not. Why make shit up?

    Unless you don't know the difference between centre midfield and playing behind the striker?
    He absolutely did. You were obviously not watching - what a surprise !

  3. #53

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    First of all, Sheff Wed are playing with a six point deduction, so check the table and see where they would be without that. Also they are one of the biggest clubs in the division (ground, squad, fanbase), so it was always likely that they would put a run together and get out of it. With regard to Ralls, I was referring to his performances this season which have been lacklustre to say the least and pointing out that some of Patersons effort and commitment wouldn't go amiss now with players like Ralls and Bacuna. Paterson played in 32 league games (35 in total)in the promotion season and scored 10 goals and if you remember he missed the first two months of the season because he was recovering from the Cruciate injury he had at Hearts. His record therefore stands close comparison with Ralls, who only scored 7 goals, and Paterson in my opinion was therefore also a key part of that side.
    Dry your eyes mate, his fat bottom waddled out of town ages ago.

  4. #54

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He absolutely did. You were obviously not watching - what a surprise !
    He played about 4 games as a right midfielder and less than that in central midfield.

    It's not as if you're always biased and wrong, is it?

  5. #55

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Excellent description of his play .

    I was horrified when I saw he was in the Scotland team. Is this what it has come too I thought.

    Good hardworking professional, not a very good football player.
    Most of his caps for Scotland have been at full back haven't they ? Did you see any of the goals he scored for us ? The one away at Brentford in the promotion season sticks in my mind - look it up.

  6. #56

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Dry your eyes mate, his fat bottom waddled out of town ages ago.
    All I said is that we could have done with some of his effort and commitment this season. Also, his ‘fat bottom’ played a big part in our promotion, so for that we should all be grateful and not slagging him off continually.

  7. #57

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He played about 4 games as a right midfielder and less than that in central midfield.

    It's not as if you're always biased and wrong, is it?
    Seeing how you appear to have appointed yourself as god on here, give us a breakdown of exactly where he played in each of the 35 games he played for us in 2017/2018. You haven't got a clue really have you - its all hot air.

  8. #58

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Seeing how you appear to have appointed yourself as god on here, give us a breakdown of exactly where he played in each of the 35 games he played for us in 2017/2018. You haven't got a clue really have you - its all hot air.
    Attacking central midfield for 26 games

    Right midfield for 4

    Right wing back for 3

    Right back for 1

    Central midfield for 1


    Now prove me wrong

  9. #59

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    if we were serious about being a side challenging for promotion, he was not the answer to any of the questions
    I get why people don't rate Paterson but I don't understand this - he was the top scorer in a side that won automatic promotion 3 years ago (and he was out injured for half that season as well)!

    That was also the last time he was used effectively by any of our managers. It's clear that he wasn't - and isn't - a striker. But as an attacking centre midfielder bursting into the box and getting on the end of crosses, he was brilliant. One of those players with a natural knack of being in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately he spent the next two years with his back to goal doing nobody any favors.

    I'll also venture that he was the most instinctive finisher we've had here since Chopra.

  10. #60

    Re: Callum Paterson

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    First of all, Sheff Wed are playing with a six point deduction, so check the table and see where they would be without that. Also they are one of the biggest clubs in the division (ground, squad, fanbase), so it was always likely that they would put a run together and get out of it. With regard to Ralls, I was referring to his performances this season which have been lacklustre to say the least and pointing out that some of Patersons effort and commitment wouldn't go amiss now with players like Ralls and Bacuna. Paterson played in 32 league games (35 in total)in the promotion season and scored 10 goals and if you remember he missed the first two months of the season because he was recovering from the Cruciate injury he had at Hearts. His record therefore stands close comparison with Ralls, who only scored 7 goals, and Paterson in my opinion was therefore also a key part of that side.
    They'd still be below us. 6 points behind and a worse goal difference. What does the size of their ground have to do with Callum Paterson?

    No he doesn't compare to Ralls, as I pointed out Ralls played 1,000 minutes more than Paterson in a set position. They also played completely different roles in that side, so its frankly baffling that you're comparing Paterson and Ralls' goalscoring record as if it proves anything, Paterson played further forward than Ralls. I notice you don't refute that our performances were worse with Paterson in the side, which surely indicates he isn't the answer to our problems?

    People on here keep saying a lack of effort is the reason our performances have been the issue this season, it really isn't, the issue is lack of quality, not lack of effort. Ralls has been asked this season to play in roles he's completely unsuited to by the previous manager and his form has suffered as a result. I honestly can't believe some on here think Paterson is a better midfielder than him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •