+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone seen a film or drama being shot ?

Re: Anyone seen a film or drama being shot ?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I was working in the steel works at that time. I don't remember there being an HR Manageress though. Maybe it was Gerald Sheehan's secretary...can't remember her name. The HR manager most of the time I was there was Ieuan Jenkins who was known as the Aber Grabber after strangling his wife while they were on holiday in Canada.
    Gerald Sheehan ended up at the Royal Mint....
    Horrible little creature who was given jobs to feck over everything and everyone..........and enjoyed doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Horrible little creature who was given jobs to feck over everything and everyone..........and enjoyed doing it
    Ended up on strike because of that wanker trying to feck all the workers off saying how there was no money for a couple of % pay rise ...........made fecking millions in a few years he was there
    Sold all the scrap coin to his mate who was in the High quality scrap game shall we say

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Lynne something I think?
    I don't know to be honest, I wasn't working in the Mini-Mill. I was working in the Tor-bar, directly opposite, but I would always use the Mini-Mill canteen for breakfast/lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    When the ASW pension pot was found to have feck all left in it, wasn't he one of a number of managers who had already moved their pensions out prior to it collapsing?

I see them often. They're a pain in the arse when you're trying to get to work. There's always some kid with a clipboard and an inflated sense of self-importance trying to tell you you can't walk down the street. Most of the time it's just a bunch of people standing around doing nothing. Why can't they do that during rush hour? That show the Blacklist often shoots on the block where I work. The guy that plays the FBI agent is about 5' 5".

I was in an episode of Shoestring when I lived in Brizzle in the 70s and in the film Silver Dream Racer, when I was racing bikes, David Essex, top bloke. Also did some documentary stuff with Norman Wisdom when I lived on the Isle of Man, again motorcycle racing related

They filmed bits of Control (film about Ian Curtis)at my folks house. It was all very low key as there wasn't a massive production crew or anything. They used my folks house to get changed in. Samantha Morton was gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I see them often. They're a pain in the arse when you're trying to get to work. There's always some kid with a clipboard and an inflated sense of self-importance trying to tell you you can't walk down the street. Most of the time it's just a bunch of people standing around doing nothing. Why can't they do that during rush hour? That show the Blacklist often shoots on the block where I work. The guy that plays the FBI agent is about 5' 5".
    Yeah im with you I found them a bunch of self important twats who they believe the world revolves around, I lived on Lafayette Street between Spring and Broome they were always filming NYPD blues, one morning though I woke up and Lafayette Street had been turned into the 1930s all the old cars parked up that was great to see.

Under Milk Wood in Fishguard, some Matthew McConaughey thing in New York (two stand-ins for him and co-star riding on a motorbike outside some brownstones) but haven't seen either film.

International

/In about '97 the crew filiming a rugby movie (Up and under?) were filming in the Royal Exchange in Llandaff north.
    They were filming in the lounge and all us regulars were sitting in the bar watching the Rugby. The Wales game was later and the first game was france england I think.
    They asked us to be quiet when ever the director said action but of course every time England cocked up we all roared. In the end they stopped filming and came and watched the rugby and the Wales game after it. Then they carried on filming.
    The packed up about 8 PM loaded their trucks and went.
    About an hour later they all turned up again without the trucks and went on the piss with us. The guy from men behaving badly was the star. Lovelt fella.

The wanted someone to be and extra and one of the boys volunteered. The signed him up and all he had to do was sit at a table with a beer then get up and go and buy 20 cigarettes from the machine. They did about 7 takes and at the end they told him he could keep all the fags and paid him equity rates for his time.

I remember watching them film scenes from Arabesque with Gregory Peck and Sophia Loren on the Crumlin viaduct around 1965. My Dad was a Press photographer and took me along when he was covering the story. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabesque_(1966_film)