+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Good, solid win.

Looked to press more than we have for some time when the opposition was in possession and took our chances well when we got them.

Looked solid enough and Bristol City never produced anything of note. A good 3 points and some encouraging signs after stopping the rot with the two draws.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Excellent result, clean sheet.

Micks had a very solid start considering he took over a team who had lost 6 in the bounce. Now undefeated in 3.
    Can not argue with that,it seemed that we had lots of attempts at goal

That’s more like it. I really did you think you would beat Brizzle who have been dire this year. Three games unbeaten under McCarthy. I fully expect you to move well clear of the bottom three in the next few weeks.

No Groundhog Day with that performance. Much better all round and could easily have been 3 nil. Indeed, it was an enjoyable watch for a change. Well done Mick on getting the players to do the basics.

As much as I'm not a fan of the appointment, Mick has started well. Good performance today, he's managed to make us look semi competent in a back 3 which is a formation we struggled with under Harris. Liking the look of Ng too

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    As much as I'm not a fan of the appointment, Mick has started well. Good performance today, he's managed to make us look semi competent in a back 3 which is a formation we struggled with under Harris. Liking the look of Ng too
    The fear factor is that the board may offer him a continued 2 year contract at the end of the season

Only problem is let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Bristol should be a lot lower than they are, they’ve lost more games than both Birmingham and Sheffield Wed.

The games they’ve won they don’t look like they’ve deserved either.

Didn't get to see the game today but how did Philips look? Or did he not have much to do?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The fear factor is that the board may offer him a continued 2 year contract at the end of the season
    So what ? If we play like that every week and get up the table, he would deserve it.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d forgotten what it's like to be in front.
    Or on top.

Carpe Diem

3 points

Get to safety and then worry about style

For a change we looked solid defensively, they barely had a worthwhile shot.

Efficient with our chances and saw the game out comfortably.

Closed down well.

A bit more composure at times and we could have got another, we are so guilty of just clearing the ball at times or punting it away first time when there is no need. In defence I don't mind it necessarily but in midfield when there is space its annoying.

Good win, we just needed to get a win again so well done.

Positives:

- Now picked up points in three games on the bounce and picked up maximum points today
    - Another assist for both Wilson and Ojo. Both now on 6 assists and pushing up towards top of that table with 8 sitting at top of the tree (BBC stats)
    - Moore with another goal. Only three players in the league have scored more than him so far and all of those are from top eight clubs (BBC again)
    - A valuable clean sheet
    - We're creeping up the table and MM has indicated that the higher we go, the more confidence we're playing with the more likely we're going to see the kids get a chance. The under 18's scored 5 today to follow the 4 the under 23's scored earlier this week.

Negatives:

- Concerns about what happened to Smithies
    - Several teams behind us picked up good points as well: QPR, Coventry, Rotherham, Forest. It does seem that Wycombe and Birmingham are falling away though.

Other:

- We love playing midtable sides this year. If the league was just Boro in 7th down to Forest in 18th I'm pretty sure we'd top the pile. Maybe a challenge for Eric to confirm/correct this?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Who knows?

They were shit though.
    You could argue we made them look shit. I wouldn't, they were just shit

Alfie Mawson is awful. How on Earth he went for 20m in anyone's guess.

Next match will be harder. But good performance and great result.

Re: BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Okay - I'm going to stick my head over the parapet here, and predict a City win. New manager boost, and all that...
    Told you....

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    Didn't get to see the game today but how did Philips look? Or did he not have much to do?
    Made a bit of a mess of the only thing he had to do really - it happened as soon as he came on, so understandable Isuppose.

I hope there's a chance we can sign Ojo permanently, he's been a surprise for me this season after reading the horror stories of his time at Rangers

Seems a bit odd not to give Kieffer Moore a rest for the last 10 minutes when we were 2-0 up and have got another game in midweek.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Seems a bit odd not to give Kieffer Moore a rest for the last 10 minutes when we were 2-0 up and have got another game in midweek.
    They burned all their subs, didn't they? I think I'd have kept him on, we absolutely had to win and if we hooked him and they immediately made it 2-1, it might have backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I hope there's a chance we can sign Ojo permanently, he's been a surprise for me this season after reading the horror stories of his time at Rangers
    Might be the best both he and Wilson have played for us today.

A great win, totally dominant from what I heard on Radio Wales.

If we'd lost we'd be 3 points from a relegation place!

Onwards and upwards to Rotherham and the hone to Coventry. I feel positive for the first time in weeks.

Shame Jurssett had an epiphany and then feked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They burned all their subs, didn't they? I think I'd have kept him on, we absolutely had to win and if we hooked him and they immediately made it 2-1, it might have backfired.
    He could have come off at the same time as Ojo. I'm just paranoid that he's going to do his hamstring again chasing down a long ball in second-half stoppage time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We made Bristol City look like City under Harris.
    Blimey. That is the ultimate condemnation.