+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

McCarthy's doing his job. So far, so good.

Super stuff. Apparently 2-0 flattered the Gummidges. They were decimated by injuries so won’t read too much into yet although it is good to have Kiefer back and firing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He could have come off at the same time as Ojo. I'm just paranoid that he's going to do his hamstring again chasing down a long ball in second-half stoppage time.
    Shame we didn't make it 3-0 so he could have come off without any risk. Let's just hope they can wrap him in cotton wool all season. What a signing he's been!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ty-0-2-cardiff

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Bristol City and Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Shame we didn't make it 3-0 so he could have come off without any risk. Let's just hope they can wrap him in cotton wool all season. What a signing he's been!
    Some City fans would rather recognise our ex players than laud over what a signing Kiefer has been this season. He pisses all over Paterson.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Some City fans would rather recognise our ex players than laud over what a signing Kiefer has been this season. He pisses all over Paterson.
    He is one hell of a player,can hold the ball up,take on defenders and score.TopMan

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    He is one hell of a player,can hold the ball up,take on defenders and score.TopMan
    Agreed.

But does he do a funny dance after he scores?

He’s good, but can he tackle and score in the same movement

20 little jumps, with a bit of a twist and a fist pump over Patto's three funny celebrations a season

Moore dominates centre backs, he's one of the best strikers at this level and I don't think there's any doubt. I think once Toney, Pukki and Joao go to the PL next season (with or without their clubs), I think you could argue he's the best striker in the division as whoever comes down won't have anyone as good as him.

20 little jumps, with a bit of a twist and a fist pump over Patto's three funny celebrations a season

Moore dominates centre backs, he's one of the best strikers at this level and I don't think there's any doubt. I think once Toney, Pukki and Joao go to the PL next season (with or without their clubs), I think you could argue he's the best striker in the division as whoever comes down won't have anyone as good as him.
    Yep

His career trajectory is incredible. McCarthy signed him for Ipswich four years ago and he didn't score in 11 substitute appearances for them.

Thankfully, no.

His career trajectory is incredible. McCarthy signed him for Ipswich four years ago and he didn't score in 11 substitute appearances for them.
    It is remarkable. He's 28 but he's quite young in football terms as he wasn't a pro until he was 21. His loan spell at Rotherham got him off and running, bit of a wobble at a poor Barnsley team and then he's just exploded. I think he's got 20 in his last 46 Championship games! Add 4 Wales goals for that, he's just getting better and better.

It is remarkable. He's 28 but he's quite young in football terms as he wasn't a pro until he was 21. His loan spell at Rotherham got him off and running, bit of a wobble at a poor Barnsley team and then he's just exploded. I think he's got 20 in his last 46 Championship games! Add 4 Wales goals for that, he's just getting better and better.
    Poor? He scored 23 goals in 55 games for Barnsley, that’s where his career took off, transferred to Wigan for £3m?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Poor? He scored 23 goals in 55 games for Barnsley, that’s where his career took off, transferred to Wigan for £3m?
    Oops, I meant to say poor in the Championship and then exploded in League One etc.

I got too excited about him and tailed off

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I hope there's a chance we can sign Ojo permanently, he's been a surprise for me this season after reading the horror stories of his time at Rangers
    The club would need the 'all clear' from Bluetit first!

We’ve seen how well he does for Wales. A big player for Cardiff. Not sure you’ve played to his strengths this season though. I thought Wilson would have been the ideal player to supply the chances for him but it hasn’t quite worked out. Still think you’ve underachieved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We’ve seen how well he does for Wales. A big player for Cardiff. Not sure you’ve played to his strengths this season though. I thought Wilson would have been the ideal player to supply the chances for him but it hasn’t quite worked out. Still think you’ve underachieved this season.
    We just seem to lump it to Moore,get the ball wide pass to him when he is facing goal.