Why do you keep signing Jonny?

Mick McCarthy:"I’d have signed him permanently at Ipswich if I could. He was amazing there with us and he has been fabulous with Wales.

"It was just an opportunity to have a good player, I thought. Out of contract this summer.

"I hope he will be a great signing for the club."

Maybe a good signing permanently?

"It is a permanent signing. The fact he plays with Kieffer and Harry Wilson (with Wales), I think it’s a good deal."

What does he bring?

"Energy, invention, creativity. That little bit of something special, he can find a pass and is always looking to create. He can drive you up the pitch and dribble.

"He gets a lot of kicks. He brings a smile about the place, a lovely kid."

Are there some injury problems with Jonny?

Mick McCarthy: "He did with us at Ipswich, he dislocated his shoulder twice. He has had a kick today in training!

"He is robust in how he plays, but he just gets real bad kicks, bad knocks. He protects the ball, dribbles and people take it out on him.

"He did his shoulder, his ankle.

"They weren't little niggles, they were bad tackles. He got bundled into the hoardings on the side of the pitch."

Do you have any worries about Jonny going from League One to Championship?

Mick McCarthy: "None at all. He is playing international football with Wales and been one of the good players for them."

Is Jonny Williams a doubt to face Bristol City on Saturday?

Mick McCarthy:"We will see tomorrow. He got clubbed in training in the back of his knee.

"I’m hoping he will be OK."

Are any other players an injury concern?

Mick McCarthy: "Max Watters has trained and Junior Hoilett has trained. They have all trained.

"We can add them to the numbers available."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-19776958