+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jonny Williams

Re: Jonny Williams

The majority of time under Mick we've played with Moore and an attacking midfielder in front of Harry Wilson.

The player we've been linked with so far is Windass from Wednesday whose 9 goals and 5 assists is better than Ojo's 5 goals and 7 assists and Murphy's 2 goals and 5 assists. Windass' goal conversion rate is comparable to Murphy and Ojo, though his shot accuracy isn't.

Apart from Brown and Sang, the young player Mick has trusted most so far has been Colwill who has played the Harry Wilson role.

The questions therefore would be:

- Isn't it more likely that Windass helps replaces goal contribution Wilson has provided? More game time for Ralls who is productive in goals/assists will also help.
    - Who can we sign that doesn't block Colwill's development but is cheap and experienced at this level so we're not fully reliant on Colwill?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I've not seen anything from Jonny Williams since he joined us to indicate that he can "do a job" in the Championship.
    He's played 143 minutes, that's not even 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's played 143 minutes, that's not even 2 games
    I wonder why he's not played more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres nothing to suggest hes a perfect replacement. He doesnt score many and doesnt create many.
    If seems like a bit of a contradiction that he thinks that Williams is a replacement for Wilson yet refuses to play him. Honestly if he signs Jonny Williams I would start to have serious reservations about MM. This is a player who goes entire seasons without scoring is injury prone and no spring chicken.

I wonder why he's not played more often.
    Harry Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You can get injured in training and even in warms ups, how does that make the club a joke when players are motivated still ,maybe he should adopt the Murphy approach to commitment and challenging
    “Club’s a joke...” is in itself a running joke on here! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Harry Wilson.
    And Sheyi Ojo and Josh Murphy and Leandro Bacuna and Rubin Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

- Isn't it more likely that Windass helps replaces goal contribution Wilson has provided? More game time for Ralls who is productive in goals/assists will also help.
    - Who can we sign that doesn't block Colwill's development but is cheap and experienced at this level so we're not fully reliant on Colwill?
    Still waiting for an answer to this/either of these. Who is better than Jonny Williams at allowing Colwill time to develop while not making us fully reliant on Colwill?

I think it's key that Colwill was mentioned as much as Jonny in Mick's answer, and even more key that it's an answer in a press conference before season has ended. It could easily change in a month's time.

And Sheyi Ojo and Josh Murphy and Leandro Bacuna and Rubin Colwill.
    And hes preferred Ralls as an AM to Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Still waiting for an answer to this/either of these. Who is better than Jonny Williams at allowing Colwill time to develop while not making us fully reliant on Colwill?

I think it's key that Colwill was mentioned as much as Jonny in Mick's answer, and even more key that it's an answer in a press conference before season has ended. It could easily change in a month's time.
    If Tomlin isnt fit then Josh Murphy who at least can create and score.

I dont want either as an AM but Ralls in particular and Bacuna are more likely to score and assist than Jonny.

Id rather Hoillet have another year as well.

I think the answer is we need someone new loan / free transfer or buy if we get a big fee for Moore.

I think Jonny needs to be released not given a new deal and someone else to come in.

Looks like hes staying so hope he proves me wrong.