+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Christopher Plummer

RIP Christopher Plummer

The Canadian film actor probably most famously known as Captain Von Trapp in "The Sound of Music" has died aged 91

Re: RIP Christopher Plummer

Never seen the Sound of Music, but I can remember him as a Shakespeare quoting alien in one of the Star Trek films and he was in one of the Clouseau films so he was in some classy movies.

RIP

Brings back memories of being dragged along to see the Sound of Music by my then girlfriend, when the film first came out in the mid 60's. IIRC it was showing at the Capitol cinema in Queen Street. Didn't realise Christopher Plummer was Canadian.

Waterloo (as Wellington) and The Night Of The Generals stand out for me.

Brilliant actor and a very, very long career.

Sad loss - he was still working up to a year or so ago.

He's in a fantastic film from 1978 called The Silent Partner. He plays an absolute psycho out to rob a bank but Elliott Gould as a bank clerk anticipates the robbery and steals the money ahead of the robbery for himself
    Cue a tense stand off as Plummer hunts him down
    Also Samantha Yorke is in it and she is bloody gorgeous and gets her kit off
    I'm pretty sure it was on starview it was brutal in parts and Plummer is nothing like Von Trapp!

Susannah Yorke - D'oh!!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    He's in a fantastic film from 1978 called The Silent Partner. He plays an absolute psycho out to rob a bank but Elliott Gould as a bank clerk anticipates the robbery and steals the money ahead of the robbery for himself
    I'm pretty sure it was on starview it was brutal in parts and Plummer is nothing like Von Trapp!
    Yes. I remember him playing a sinister part, very unlike his von Trapp one, but couldn't remember what it was.
    It was this. Great film

Agree about Susannah Yorke by the way.
    Stunning woman!

Good innings, RIP.

I'm amazed anyone hasn't either watched or been forced to watch Sound of Music. Great actor RIP

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    The killing of sister george

She was always getting her kit off , a right sort

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I'm amazed anyone hasn't either watched or been forced to watch Sound of Music. Great actor RIP
    Amongst all the singing and schmaltz it was a decent story based on fact. Didn’t mind it at all.

He was excellent as Sherlock Holmes in Murder by Decree.