+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock talks about NML transfer

Heisenberg

Warnock talks about NML transfer

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...-mendez-laing/

Lots of hints about what NML did to breach his contract but still vague enough to not have a scooby what it was without guessing.

Re: Warnock talks about NML transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Lots of hints about what NML did to breach his contract but still vague enough to not have a scooby what it was without guessing.
    Scooby snacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Let's be honest, it can't be that bad. Just makes the whole situation completely unnecessary for me. A stern talking to and a fine would have sufficed.

Once the situation comes out I'll pass proper judgement but to see him with a rival (well before this season anyway) grates on me.

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Let's be honest, it can't be that bad. Just makes the whole situation completely unnecessary for me. A stern talking to and a fine would have sufficed.

Once the situation comes out I'll pass proper judgement but to see him with a rival (well before this season anyway) grates on me.
    How do you know it would have sufficed?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How do you know it would have sufficed?
    Because he's waltzed straight back into a team in the Championship.

As I said, I'll comment further when the full story comes out but at the moment it doesn't sit well with me

As I said, I'll comment further when the full story comes out but at the moment it doesn't sit well with me
    A situation that you readily admit you know nothing about, and yet you seem to be suggesting the club should have handled it in a different way?

For all we know the club got fed up of giving him a stern talking to

My gut is that is club could have stood by him but had a reasonable to get rid of him and not long left on his contact.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    My gut is that is club could have stood by him but had a reasonable to get rid of him and not long left on his contact.
    Yet easily our best wide player.
    I don’t think the club just wanted to get rid and I imagine he would’ve been offered a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yet easily our best wide player.
    I don’t think the club just wanted to get rid and I imagine he would’ve been offered a new contract.
    As someone else mentioned he's been out for exactly 6 months, let's assume suspended. After that 6 months left on his contract he isn't as much an asset. Offering someone a contract while suspended or unable to play seems unlikely. Even boro offered only until the end of the season. The club must have taken a view that he was no longer an asset.

Our best wide player probably but you have to look at the situation and not what the player could offer.

You have already passed judgement

The only thing we know is that the club had a chance to get rid of him at no cost and took it. He hasn't played a game of football or trained with fellow professionals for 6 months. My expectations are not high. We'll see. I never really really rated him anyway. He scored a nice goal against Villa though.

International

You say he walzed straight back into a team.
    He went to a manager who is known for taking people with him, a manager who has just admitted that other clubs have had problems with the player before and who says he is not match fit.
    He is on a short contract, virtually on probation.
    But you are convinced that Cardiff City acted in haste, despite your not having the slightest idea of what he was sacked for, and should have kept him and made money from him. Another person who seeks to semonstrate your knowledge of the finacial position and working of the club and it's owner.
    He was sacked for a gross breach of contract. It was so cut and dried that the PFA sided with the club, raised no objection and neither the player nor his reps made any attempt to fight the decision at any time.
    But of course you know far better than all these people.
    By all means have opinions about things but lets be reasonable.

You say he walzed straight back into a team.
    He went to a manager who is known for taking people with him, a manager who has just admitted that other clubs have had problems with the player before and who says he is not match fit.
    He is on a short contract, virtually on probation.
    But you are convinced that Cardiff City acted in haste, despite your not having the slightest idea of what he was sacked for, and should have kept him and made money from him. Another person who seeks to semonstrate your knowledge of the finacial position and working of the club and it's owner.
    He was sacked for a gross breach of contract. It was so cut and dried that the PFA sided with the club, raised no objection and neither the player nor his reps made any attempt to fight the decision at any time.
    But of course you know far better than all these people.
    By all means have opinions about things but lets be reasonable.
    You're basing your opinion on the same amount of actual facts that I am.

All I'm saying is it seems to me there were other options to be explored. We shall see.

Ps get him nailed on MOTM if he plays against us at the end of Feb

The fact nobody picked him up as a free agent after he left us would almost certainly mean he was under some sort of ban and nobody could sign him

Also, the fact that he only signed a short term contract for a manager he has played for before also indicates that they are unsure whether he can be “trusted” with a longer contract

For such a talented player there was virtually no interest from any club to sign him would also indicate whatever he did lots of clubs thought it serious enough not to take a chance on him

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The only thing we know is that the club had a chance to get rid of him at no cost and took it. He hasn't played a game of football or trained with fellow professionals for 6 months. My expectations are not high. We'll see. I never really really rated him anyway. He scored a nice goal against Villa though.
    And at Brighton away in the Prem. But i agree with you, his overall form/input was not very good.
    Spedger

NM-L is on the bench for Middlesbrough today

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    NM-L is on the bench for Middlesbrough today
    Sitting behind the white lines

...Of the touch line

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    You have already passed judgement
    I've made an informed decision based on my little faith in the people running our club.

I'll make a factually based judgment once everything comes out.

I've made an informed decision based on my little faith in the people running our club.

I'll make a factually based judgment once everything comes out.
    You have made an uninformed decision based on absolutely nothing. Also, he didn't ‘Waltz’ anywhere - he hasn't kicked a ball for six months.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You have made an uninformed decision based on absolutely nothing. Also, he didn't ‘Waltz’ anywhere - he hasn't kicked a ball for six months.
    Apologies, I didn't know you knew all the details about what went on, have a good night Vincent.

International

Apologies, I didn't know you knew all the details about what went on, have a good night Vincent.
    Pot? Kettle?

Pot? Kettle?
    Have a good night Dalman

International

Have a good night Dalman
    you really do live in a special place don't you?

I have no knowledge just a gut feeling as this is a strange one considering his talent within the Championship.

I wonder if this was a repeat or last chance misdemeanor.

End of contract near ,high wage Warner.

Unlikely to re - sign without a wage raise, therefore consided a big risk due to his known behaviours/ condition. .

Couldn't sell to anyone at the time because of his known issues.

No one showed an interest and stayed away for 6 months must have some relevance, considering his ability.

Where did he go , and what was the prolonged for?

Warnock loves the bad boy last chance saloon gamble on a player and has a deep knowledge of him .

Why didn't other clubs show some interest.

After Boro declared interest where were other clubs , surely his agent would be on the sell , the photos of him training were a staged ' I'm back ' sign me up message .

If he is only on a short term contract does this support a view he has previous on his misdemeanor , and likely to return to those behaviours.