+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock talks about NML transfer

Re: Warnock talks about NML transfer

More like Colin talks about himself.

NML is no great loss. He had great start with us , scoring 4 goals in 3 games and had a really good first season. In the PL he was out for half a season and only started 11 games, and missed a chunk of last season too. Overall he played 65+20 sub and scored 13 goals, so he averaged 21 starts and 7 sub each season and scored 4 goals per season. When he was on his game he was excellent but too often he wasn't. Consistency wasn't his strong point, coupled with his injury record.

Whatever he did, the club decided to get rid rather than pay him, probably knowing he was out for 6 months. And with a few months left on his contract when he returned, so they saved a whole season's wages which they could then use to get someone else in - like Wilson or Ojo.

I will always remember his great start to his career with us and his two goals at Man U though. I wish him well but City made the right decision.

Sounds like a ban for missing a drugs test to me. If so, then there would have been an earlier one at some point in his career - maybe for three months, which I believe is the 'first offence' ban. Six months is for a 'second offence'?