+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where's the bloke?

Where's the bloke?

Re: Where's the bloke?

If only...

This does raise an interesting point, though. Does anyone care whether the presenter is male or female? Does it make a difference to your viewing? Or do you find it all just political posturing?

I just posted it coz it's funny.

The mullet, the names. And its football related.

Enfield and Whitehouse are funny men.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I just posted it coz it's funny.

The mullet, the names. And its football related.

Enfield and Whitehouse are funny men.
    They are, although some of their stuff wouldn't hold up today. Rightly or Wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    This does raise an interesting point, though. Does anyone care whether the presenter is male or female? Does it make a difference to your viewing? Or do you find it all just political posturing?
    Depends if they're any good. Gabby Logan, Kelly Cates, Caroline Barker, the wurzel summariser on Sky Sports are all very good but there are more and more being used simply because they are female. BBC Wales are obsessed with them on programmes like Scrum V whereas when they showed women's football there's never a bloke in sight.
    Having said that, the clip is simply funny rather than making a point.

If Cardiff City had a striker that was a ladyboy and scored 25 goals a season I couldn't care less

If a woman is good at her job then that's fine by me

Gabby Logan and that Horse woman annoy me but they are very good presenters

Some of the female football commentators are not very good but we put up with John Motson for 30 years ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If Cardiff City had a striker that was a ladyboy and scored 25 goals a season I couldn't care less

If a woman is good at her job then that's fine by me

Gabby Logan and that Horse woman annoy me but they are very good presenters

Some of the female football commentators are not very good but we put up with John Motson for 30 years ff sake
    What if that 'Ladyboy' was shit, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, shit out of challenges etc. I bet that sexuality would be raised if that were the case. It seems that some men can't accept that some female journalists who have entered this 'Mans World' are not allowed to be as bland as plenty of their male counterparts are-When the ladies don't entertain, then it's obviously down to them being female. What do the misogynists say about the countless blokes who tell us absolutely nothing about football?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What if that 'Ladyboy' was shit, couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, shit out of challenges etc. I bet that sexuality would be raised if that were the case. It seems that some men can't accept that some female journalists who have entered this 'Mans World' are not allowed to be as bland as plenty of their male counterparts are-When the ladies don't entertain, then it's obviously down to them being female. What do the misogynists say about the countless blokes who tell us absolutely nothing about football?
    You've gone off on a tangent there. I don't think there's any lack of criticism of male pundits and commentators because a lot of them are dreadful. However, you appear to think that similar criticism of a female equivalent if they're not very good is mysogynist.

I don't like gabby logan , she annoys me , but she's a good sports presenter

If she was crap it would be because she was crap , not because she was a woman

If someone thinks that a woman shouldn't be presenting male sports shows then clearly that's sexist as you have rightly said some of the male presenters and pundits are clueless

How did Mark lawrenson get a career in football analysis ?

Hes a clown

That dark haired Scottish female presenter is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    You've gone off on a tangent there. I don't think there's any lack of criticism of male pundits and commentators because a lot of them are dreadful. However, you appear to think that similar criticism of a female equivalent if they're not very good is mysogynist.
    You're bringing it up because they're female, you said as much. Do you criticise male pundits, commentators, based on their Gender?

You're bringing it up because they're female, you said as much. Do you criticise male pundits, commentators, based on their Gender?
    The thread started off dealing with a parody about a female presenter which invited comment earlier in the thread so I responded. I'm quite happy to call male or female pundits crap but I have no doubt that some are there simply because they're female in the same way that some of the useless blokes are there simply because they used to play football.

The thread started off dealing with a parody about a female presenter which invited comment earlier in the thread so I responded. I'm quite happy to call male or female pundits crap but I have no doubt that some are there simply because they're female in the same way that some of the useless blokes are there simply because they used to play football.
    Plenty of the blokes are there because they're blokes No doubt that Female presenters, punits have been fast tracked, but that's because of Male bosses not giving them a sniff for the best part of 70 years. It's not ideal, it's a product of men protecting men, in the work place. As for me, i rarely listen to what male or female pundits have to say, it's boring and repetitive.

Plenty of the blokes are there because they're blokes No doubt that Female presenters, punits have been fast tracked, but that's because of Male bosses not giving them a sniff for the best part of 70 years. It's not ideal, it's a product of men protecting men, in the work place. As for me, i rarely listen to what male or female pundits have to say, it's boring and repetitive.
    I actually don't think we're too far apart!

International

I think female prsenters should report on netball and hockey and what women are wearing at royal ascot and the Grand national, and leave reporting on important things like football rugby and motor racing to men, who understand it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think female prsenters should report on netball and hockey and what women are wearing at royal ascot and the Grand national, and leave reporting on important things like football rugby and motor racing to men, who understand it!!!
    Sludge reports on all of those things for us anyway, Equality exists on this messageboard

I actually don't think we're too far apart!

International

Sludge reports on all of those things for us anyway, Equality exists on this messageboard
    But Im' npt sure information on who is a proper sort or which member of a team has the biggest knockers is classed as proper sports reporting.