+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Smithies

Smithies

Any update on his condition?

Going down on his own with nobody near him and then getting checks on heart rate and blood pressure could be cause for concern.

Re: Smithies

I remember one bitterly cold day when I was in my early 20s - I had been working indoors all day and as I waited for my train, I suddenly felt dizzy, sick and shortness of breath etc.

It turned out to be flu which later turned into pleurisy. I was out of action for five or six weeks and could barely get out of bed.

The point is that I deteriorated in the space of half hour. If it was to happen to me now, I'd immediately think it was Covid.

I thought Smithies was overcome with shock after us not conceding a goal in the first five minutes.

Perhaps he knew we would win easily after his involvement in Micks latest training session , he just didn't fancy a quiet game ,freezing in the cold , nothing to do, especially standing behind those giants of football Flint and Mozza?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought Smithies was overcome with shock after us not conceding a goal in the first five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps he knew we would win easily after his involvement in Micks latest training session , he just didn't fancy a quiet game ,freezing in the cold , nothing to do, especially standing behind those giants of football Flint and Mozza?

Hope he's okay. Superb goalkeeper.