+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-football oval-shaped thread

Non-football oval-shaped thread

I don't watch the rugby, but it always gives me great pleasure when England lose. In theory, with the numbers and money available to them (and France, to a lesser extent) England should win the Five/Six Nations every year. The fact that they don't give me a great deal of pleasure. They have this cock-sure arrogance and belief that they are better than everyone else, and whereas self-confidence is a good thing in sport, when it comes to English rugby, it just makes me sick. And that idiot Eddie Jones is even worse. Rant over.

Re: Non-football oval-shaped thread

I'm with you and I love it when they lose.

TBH I want England to lose at everything, football, cricket, rugby, darts, athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

TBH I want England to lose at everything, football, cricket, rugby, darts, athletics.
    they have a huge pool of players to draw on but are generally crap

I can do without all this six nations sin bin utter shite on the TV though

And todays western mail saturday pull out had a article by that retired rugby ref , a profile of Scott gibbs and another article about one of the coaches behind gatlands success

FF sake

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    they have a huge pool of players to draw on but are generally crap

I can do without all this six nations sin bin utter shite on the TV though

And todays western mail saturday pull out had a article by that retired rugby ref , a profile of Scott gibbs and another article about one of the coaches behind gatlands success

FF sake
    Walesonline is pathetic.

Walesonline is pathetic.
    apart from one on two exceptions Welsh media is shite , printed , online , the lot

A graveyard of ambition

Always rated Robert Phillips as a football commentator and journalist though

Och aye the noo!

I have very little interest in the 6 nations this year but yes, England should piss this every year and getting turned over is something that should be celebrated.

I'm pretty sure that every neutral, whether they be a rugby fan or not, will be raising a glass to the sweaty socks tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I don't watch the rugby, but it always gives me great pleasure when England lose. In theory, with the numbers and money available to them (and France, to a lesser extent) England should win the Five/Six Nations every year. The fact that they don't give me a great deal of pleasure. They have this cock-sure arrogance and belief that they are better than everyone else, and whereas self-confidence is a good thing in sport, when it comes to English rugby, it just makes me sick. And that idiot Eddie Jones is even worse. Rant over.
    I watched the England v Scotland game and it was good to watch. Scotland the better side and deservedly won. Eddie Jones when interviewed after the match took the blame and responsibility on himself. No moaning or complaints.

The amount of Welsh who get all hyper when England lose always amazes me. It wreaks of small mindedness, chip on the shoulder, stereotypical prejudice.

It makes us look bitter in my opinion.

Each to their own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I watched the England v Scotland game and it was good to watch. Scotland the better side and deservedly won. Eddie Jones when interviewed after the match took the blame and responsibility on himself. No moaning or complaints.

The amount of Welsh who get all hyper when England lose always amazes me. It wreaks of small mindedness, chip on the shoulder, stereotypical prejudice.

Each to their own mind.
    I agree.

I hate that "so long as we beat the English" song. Perhaps it's supposed to be fun, but I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Each to their own mind.
    This all day.

The small mindedness chip on the shoulder shit is embarrassing.

Kelly Jones and all that as long as we beat the English crap.

Get the chips off your shoulders. Its embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    I agree.

I hate that "so long as we beat the English" song. Perhaps it's supposed to be fun, but I hate it.
    Agree. Cringeworthy in the extreme, particularly when it is sung by a Leeds United fan.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    I agree.

I hate it too.

I'd much rather us win every game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree. Cringeworthy in the extreme, particularly when it is sung by a Leeds United fan.
    It is rather ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This all day.

The small mindedness chip on the shoulder shit is embarrassing.

Kelly Jones and all that as long as we beat the English crap.

Get the chips off your shoulders. Its embarrassing.
    That's what was levelled at the Welsh players when England lost to Iceland.

That's what was levelled at the Welsh players when England lost to Iceland.
    I thought that was fair enough as it was probably the case.

That said, I pissed myself about that result too, so I’m a ****ing hypocrite on that one.

The problem with the Welsh media and a heck of a lot of Welsh rugby fans is they think everybody in Wales is interested in the nonsense they write and that everybody in Wales is obsessed with rugby

Its simply not true

For me, watching a game of rugby is good entertainment, at international level its exciting stuff on the whole

Club rugby I find boring

Football wise I regard England as our rivals , it doesn't matter that they are better than us and generally qualify for tournaments , they are our nearest rivals

I am amazed that until 2016 many Welsh people had no interest in the Welsh national team and would support England if they got to the world Cup or euros

These were often the same people who supported Liverpool or man United and wanted Wales to smash the English in the six nations

Odd

The problem with the Welsh media and a heck of a lot of Welsh rugby fans is they think everybody in Wales is interested in the nonsense they write and that everybody in Wales is obsessed with rugby

Its simply not true

For me, watching a game of rugby is good entertainment, at international level its exciting stuff on the whole

Club rugby I find boring

Football wise I regard England as our rivals , it doesn't matter that they are better than us and generally qualify for tournaments , they are our nearest rivals

I am amazed that until 2016 many Welsh people had no interest in the Welsh national team and would support England if they got to the world Cup or euros

These were often the same people who supported Liverpool or man United and wanted Wales to smash the English in the six nations

Odd
    Saying England are our rivals in football seems akin to saying Man U are Cardiffs.

Saying England are our rivals in football seems akin to saying Man U are Cardiffs.
    I beg to differ

They are our nearest international team , in fact we border each other

I don't care that England think they are on a par with Italy , Spain and Germany......they clearly are not .......If there is a round of international games on I want us to win and England to lose , especially if they are playing Wales......if the results of Scotland and Northern Ireland are important to us , I take an interest , if not I watch Wales and hope England lose in the same way I hope cardiff win and swansea lose

Scotland deserved it as well and I’m not going to apologise for loving seeing England getting beaten - there’s an arrogance centred around rugby English rugby in particular that invites such a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hate that song too and it sums up our small country mentality. Beat England in the Euro's group or have that quarter final win over Belgium? Belgium every single day.

I personally find the Irish rugby contingent more arrogant than the English (and quite enjoying seeing S Underhill on their team sheet to be fair) so hoping we do them over today, not confident at all mind.

I beg to differ

They are our nearest international team , in fact we border each other

I don't care that England think they are on a par with Italy , Spain and Germany......they clearly are not .......If there is a round of international games on I want us to win and England to lose , especially if they are playing Wales......if the results of Scotland and Northern Ireland are important to us , I take an interest , if not I watch Wales and hope England lose in the same way I hope cardiff win and swansea lose
    Don’t England fans see their rivalry being with Scotland and perhaps Germany?

I don’t think we even enter their heads unless we are playing them?

Its simply not true

Club rugby I find boring

Odd
    You’re right, most of that post is odd.

The number of sweeping generalisations about things are staggering, even for you. I can’t be arsed going through all of it but people had no interest in Welsh football until 2016? People would support England? Have you been dropping acid in your tea?

For someone who don’t watch rugby you seem to know an awful lot about it and start a thread on it.😂

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Not cricket, since it includes Welshmen. (EWCB)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Scotland deserved it as well and I’m not going to apologise for loving seeing England getting beaten - there’s an arrogance centred around rugby English rugby in particular that invites such a reaction.
    With you all the way on this Bob but I think so much of our I'll feeling toward English teams is generated by the extensive coverage they're given on TV and in newspapers, whilst lip service is paid to the other home nations.

Small minded or not it was joyful to read the amount of flak they were given following defeat to Iceland at the Euros. Made even better of course by the plaudits given to the Welsh team during the same tournament.

There are very few people in this world that I dislike. Eddie Jones is one of them.