+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Non-football oval-shaped thread

Re: Non-football oval-shaped thread

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats not correct , Bradford have very big crowds for a city that has such a very poor football team

They are very proud of their city , its culture and their football team

Leeds is known as the car park on the M62 by Bradfordians
    Hmmmmm.... Population of Bradford approximately 550,000 (?)

Crowds not great historically, so this rivalry thing with Leeds is falling flat on its arse.

Interestingly, they don’t appear to have had capacity crowds for every game when in the Premier League? I’ll stand corrected if I got that wrong.

The improvement in attendances the last few seasons has been down to great club initiatives to involve the local community.

http://european-football-statistics....eague/brac.htm

One more thing, there’s a Leeds United Supporters Club in Bradford which is over 50 years old. These Leeds fans are hardly hiding are they as they run their meeting in local clubs around the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Hmmmmm.... Population of Bradford approximately 550,000 (?)

Crowds not great historically, so this rivalry thing with Leeds is falling flat on its arse.

Interestingly, they don’t appear to have had capacity crowds for every game when in the Premier League? I’ll stand corrected if I got that wrong.

The improvement in attendances the last few seasons has been down to great club initiatives to involve the local community.

http://european-football-statistics....eague/brac.htm
    Well I have lived and worked there

Have you ?

I lived on the East Side of Bradford , bordering Leeds, I can assure you they didn't go out for drinks together

You say there is no rivalry , but you haven't lived there ?

Its pointless conversing with you if you just know a few Leeds fans

I lived in Bradford and I know there is

This was supposed to be a thread about enjoying the spectacle of the England rugby side getting beaten...

Have you ?

I lived on the East Side of Bradford , bordering Leeds, I can assure you they didn't go out for drinks together

You’ve lived in more places than the Littlest Hobo

Have you ?

Pointless talking to me? You cheeky fuucker

I’ve just pointed out I don’t think the rivalry you’re hyping is anywhere near the intensity you’re trying to make it out to be. There’s obviously civic animosity/rivalry between the two but I think that’s transferred more to the respective cities rugby league teams.

My Leeds mate, who obviously know fuuck all even though he hails from Beeston and now lives in Holbeck tells me the Bradford/Leeds derby has only been played about 20 times since 1985. Prior to that he’s not sure they even played?

The problem here is butt your myopia along with your hazy, subjective recollections stop you from considering any other persons view. You then bang your mantra drum trying to deafen everyone else.

It’s admirable really.

When did you live in Bradford?

I frequented Leeds quite a bit during the 90s socially and more recently for work. I don’t want to piss on your chips but not one Leeds fan mentioned Bradford. Most weren’t fussed on City mind. I can’t think why?

Pointless talking to me? You cheeky fuucker

I’ve just pointed out I don’t think the rivalry you’re hyping is anywhere near the intensity you’re trying to make it out to be. There’s obviously civic animosity/rivalry between the two but I think that’s transferred more to the respective cities rugby league teams.

My Leeds mate, who obviously know fuuck all even though he hails from Beeston and now lives in Holbeck tells me the Bradford/Leeds derby has only been played about 20 times since 1985. Prior to that he’s not sure they even played?

The problem here is butt your myopia along with your hazy, subjective recollections stop you from considering any other persons view. You then bang your mantra drum trying to deafen everyone else.

It’s admirable really.

When did you live in Bradford?

I frequented Leeds quite a bit during the 90s socially and more recently for work. I don’t want to piss on your chips but not one Leeds fan mentioned Bradford. Most weren’t fussed on City mind. I can’t think why?
    Nineties

4 , Rushcroft Terrace

Next door to the bay horse pub , closed now , a Bradford City pub on the border of Leeds and Bradford

Well if a few mates that you knew didn't talk about Bradford then that's it , isn't it ?

Pointless talking to you about the Leeds Bradford rivalry if a couple of your mates don't think it exists

I mean I have actually lived in one of the cities and know that Bradford and Leeds don't like each other at all

But there you go

Nineties

4 , Rushcroft Terrace

Next door to the bay horse pub , closed now , a Bradford City pub on the border of Leeds and Bradford

Well if a few mates that you knew didn't talk about Bradford then that's it , isn't it ?

Pointless talking to you about the Leeds Bradford rivalry if a couple of your mates don't think it exists

I mean I have actually lived in one of the cities and know that Bradford and Leeds don't like each other at all

But there you go
    Are all your opinions based on the 1990's?

Nineties

4 , Rushcroft Terrace

But there you go
    Am I reading this right?

You're foaming at the mouth about a rivalry that only exists in your mind with the evidence that you dossed on a sofa for a period of time during the 90s in Bradford?

Whilst totally discounting the opinion of a bloke who was born and lives in Leeds?

Out of interest, during this period of the 90s how many times did Bradford play Leeds?

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...-hate-16713776

I admire your ability to stick to your guns but you're making yourself look an absolute arse here.

Am I reading this right?

You're foaming at the mouth about a rivalry that only exists in your mind with the evidence that you dossed on a sofa for a period of time during the 90s in Bradford?

Whilst totally discounting the opinion of a bloke who was born and lives in Leeds?

Out of interest, during this period of the 90s how many times did Bradford play Leeds?

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...-hate-16713776

I admire your ability to stick to your guns but you're making yourself look an absolute arse here.
    I didn't doss on a sofa I lived there

And I knew loads of fellow football fans in the area

I know I lived there , at that house , next door to that pub , a Bradford City pub

For all I know you could be talking cobblers and making everything up

I know I am not and the house I lived in is still there and the fans who supported Bradford City are still there

There you go , I am not foaming at the mouth and you seem to be the one making an arse of yourself . You haven't lived up there , you say you know a bloke who lives in Leeds and supports Leeds, thats a surprise , whilst I lived there .

I didn't know a bloke who lived in West Yorkshire and knew a mate of a mate blah blah blah , I lived there

Check out the address on Google if you want , I used to go fishing on the canal at esholt , its grim up north .

Up the Bantems

I didn't doss on a sofa I lived there

And I knew loads of fellow football fans in the area

I know I lived there , at that house , next door to that pub , a Bradford City pub

For all I know you could be talking cobblers and making everything up

I know I am not and the house I lived in is still there and the fans who supported Bradford City are still there

There you go , I am not foaming at the mouth and you seem to be the one making an arse of yourself . You haven't lived up there , you say you know a bloke who lives in Leeds and supports Leeds, thats a surprise , whilst I lived there .

I didn't know a bloke who lived in West Yorkshire and knew a mate of a mate blah blah blah , I lived there

Check out the address on Google if you want , I used to go fishing on the canal at esholt , its grim up north .

Up the Bantems
    Sludge, everyone of your points during this debate has been dismantled with quantitative statistics, journalistic research and current qualitative information from a local.

You in return have countered with the ramblings of a mind which I can only assume was polluted with alcohol and LSD (I'm hoping for your sake it was).

Hold your hands up, admit defeat. I feel like I'm sticking knitting needles into a kitten.

Sludge, everyone of your points during this debate has been dismantled with quantitative statistics, journalistic research and current qualitative information from a local.

You in return have countered with the ramblings of a mind which I can only assume was polluted with alcohol and LSD (I'm hoping for your sake it was).

Hold your hands up, admit defeat. I feel like I'm sticking knitting needles into a kitten.
    that first sentence sounds very impressive but it doesn't mean anything at all

Never done acid , might give it a go

Up the bantams

that first sentence sounds very impressive but it doesn't mean anything at all

Never done acid , might give it a go

Up the bantams
    In other words you're too twp to understand?

I'm not surprised.

Give the LSD a go. It could help?