+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best paint for a metal front door?

Best paint for a metal front door?

Need to paint a wood front door with a metal front and rear covering. Ideally want a water based primer and topcoat and a satin or eggshell finish. I tend to use Screwfix and wondered if Leyland have a decent option?

Re: Best paint for a metal front door?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Need to paint a wood front door with a metal front and rear covering. Ideally want a water based primer and topcoat and a satin or eggshell finish. I tend to use Screwfix and wondered if Leyland have a decent option?
    Not sure that travel to Lancashire for non-essentials is permitted under current lockdown rules.

thanks,

What? Is it metal or wood? Kin ell

It is a strange as it has a metal front and back but the middle is wood, 1990s Pontprennau house .

It is a strange as it has a metal front and back but the middle is wood, 1990s Pontprennau house .
    Johnstones do a paint for Metal, used it on railings, good stuff.

Don't use store brand paint. It's all shit.

International

Hammerite

Bedec multi surface paint. No messing. Paint it on. Leave it. Job done. Available from Toolstation.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Bedec multi surface paint. No messing. Paint it on. Leave it. Job done. Available from Toolstation.
    Yep - MSP is brilliant.

Use Garage Door Paint. One of these paints will do fine. https://www.diy.com/departments/pain...DIY1624207.cat

or use

International Garage Door Paint.

https://frenchicpaint.co.uk/

its a bit of a mental cult following, took of during the 1st lockdown from what i can make out ( though been around much longer )

have a google of it, some of the groups really are cult like, they paint anything and eveything

I must admit i was sceptical, but during the 1st lockdown my mrs painted our kitchen unit doors, it kept her busy, tarted the units up a little ( as we plan a new kitchen when we build the extension ) , the paint goes on like glass, it flows so well, it does take 4 coats of paint, been on now for over 6 months and still looks great, no chips or knocks, if you read any online groups, people buy it for decorators to paint doors and the decorator mocks it, then trys it and then loves it

its 18 quid a tin, goes on anything, wood, metal, melamine, people have even painted washing machine / fridge etc etc fronts