+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Edwards 41-y-o letters to City manager, Richie Morgan, revealed

Peter Edwards 41-y-o letters to City manager, Richie Morgan, revealed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55973453

Taster:

"An exchange of letters between a disgruntled Cardiff City fan and the club's manager has been rediscovered after 41 years.

Peter Edwards wrote to the then-Bluebirds boss Richie Morgan in 1980, bemoaning the club's performance in a Welsh Cup tie.

Mr Morgan wrote back, saying he agreed with him about the side's "disgraceful display" against Newport City."

Re: Peter Edwards 41-y-o letters to City manager, Ritchie Barker, revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Taster:

"An exchange of letters between a disgruntled Cardiff City fan and the club's manager has been rediscovered after 41 years.

Peter Edwards wrote to the then-Bluebirds boss Richie Morgan in 1980, bemoaning the club's performance in a Welsh Cup tie.

Mr Morgan wrote back, saying he agreed with him about the side's "disgraceful display" against Newport City."
    Thanks for posting that. Peter (Ted) was an old school friend. We played football and cricket together. He was a good keeper for Rumney Rangers in the Combination and a talented cricketer who had a spell as Glamorgan's "Cricket in the Community" Co-ordinator.

We watched the City together when we weren't playing but I never realised that he sent that letter. Taken from us far too young.

Great story.

Taster:

Cyclops, can you correct your header? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Cyclops, can you correct your header? ��
    No can do.
    Ask The Boss.

No can do.
    Ask The Boss.
    Ritchie Morgan not Barker

Love that
    Richie Morgan top bloke.
    RIP Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ritchie Morgan not Barker
    My bad and apologies for the error. Hope it hasn't spoilt your read.
    Oh and it's Richie (without the 't')
    Many thanks for the correction.

My bad and apologies for the error. Hope it hasn't spoilt your read.
    Oh and it's Richie (without the 't')
    Many thanks for the correction.
    I was replying to your deleted protest that there was nothing wrong with the headline. As I said I was grateful for the post

Was so sorry to hear about Ted's passing a few weeks ago. Played cricket many times against him when he was playing for Pentyrch. He really was one of the good guys. RIP Ted

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I was replying to your deleted protest that there was nothing wrong with the headline. As I said I was grateful for the post
    You know I did check Richie's name before posting - and still got it badly wrong!
    I deleted my 'protest' (bit harsh) because I thought the request to change the header was about the '41-y-o' description - which some might think applied to Ritchie and considered that wasn't worth replying to.
    As far as I know, headers cannot be changed, but I have asked MM to change it.
    Sorry again for my mistake.

Re: Peter Edwards 41-y-o letters to City manager, Richie Morgan, revealed

Great bloke Peter - didn't realise he'd passed. RIP

Newport City??

Just seen a feature of this on the Welsh news. They had Peters two sons with all their fathers Cardiff memorabilia, including the letter and reply. Ritchie Morgan then appeared (would have never recognised him in a million years) chatting with the two lads. Was a good hearted conversation and nice watch.
    Not sure if there's a link to this, but if there is and someone could post it, it's worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Just seen a feature of this on the Welsh news. They had Peters two sons with all their fathers Cardiff memorabilia, including the letter and reply. Ritchie Morgan then appeared (would have never recognised him in a million years) chatting with the two lads. Was a good hearted conversation and nice watch.
    Not sure if there's a link to this, but if there is and someone could post it, it's worth a look.
    If that game was against county and a league game there couldn't have been more than 4000 there

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Go to about 22 minutes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-news-08022021

I’m good friends with Peter, his wife Deb and his sons Nick and Greg. Peter’s funeral is today and I will be there to show my respects. RIP Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Go to about 22 minutes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-news-08022021

I’m good friends with Peter, his wife Deb and his sons Nick and Greg. Peter’s funeral is today and I will be there to show my respects. RIP Peter.

I saw the picture of Peter with his family on the BBC website and I'm sure he was in my class at Twyn Junior School Caerphilly and we all moved to senior school in September 1971 ? I think as a child he lived on Castle Park, Caerphilly ? Would that be correct. Very sorry to hear that he has passed away. Another Bluebird taken too early. RIP Peter and condolences to his wife and family

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bill_Irwin_Fan View Post
    I saw the picture of Peter with his family on the BBC website and I'm sure he was in my class at Twyn Junior School Caerphilly and we all moved to senior school in September 1971 ? I think as a child he lived on Castle Park, Caerphilly ? Would that be correct. Very sorry to hear that he has passed away. Another Bluebird taken too early. RIP Peter and condolences to his wife and family
    Yes Peter lived in Castle Park and went to Twyn before Caerphilly Grammar.