+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same Team Better Effort

Same Team Better Effort

Was struck by the can do attitude last night , players looked more energetic, enthused the penalty box defending was brilliant to watch in terms of team spirit , bodies on the line etc .

Something has changed , perhaps short tem management player change around for refresh purposes are the future .

Wonderful to also see the younger lads coming through and bit of Welsh passion in and around the team , thought NG , Nelson and Bennett were excellent last night.

Re: Same Team Better Effort

It's amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It's amazing what a bit of confidence can do.
    Aye,together with an astute tactical knowledge,employing a coach(TC) that knows the business inside out and has a matchday gameplan.

MM is playing people to their strengths and organising the team better. And, of course, a couple of wins breeds confidence.

New manager bounce, a different voice, change of formation, who knows.

We had a similar upturn in results when Harris replaced Warnock. Personally I think a late run at the play offs like we had last year will be a bad thing. It will mean a longer term contract for Mick. Whilst he might be the man to steer us to safety this season do we want another 2-3 years of Mick Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Aye,together with an astute tactical knowledge,employing a coach(TC) that knows the business inside out and has a matchday gameplan.
    TC's involvement from the side line's is noticeable , looks like he has a big part to play , seems well respected within the game .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    New manager bounce, a different voice, change of formation, who knows.

We had a similar upturn in results when Harris replaced Warnock. Personally I think a late run at the play offs like we had last year will be a bad thing. It will mean a longer term contract for Mick. Whilst he might be the man to steer us to safety this season do we want another 2-3 years of Mick Ball?
    I’d have what you call Mick Ball any day of the week if it produces goals like we scored last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    MM is playing people to their strengths and organising the team better. And, of course, a couple of wins breeds confidence.
    You might even suggest that the manager is managing the team. A good manager will allow those around him to perform and, in turn, make themselves look good!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d have what you call Mick Ball any day of the week if it produces goals like we scored last night.
    Calling it Mick Ball is short sighted. We look a lot better under MM. Great goals last night.

Quite. I’m not asking for split centre halves and passing out from the back. If the defence do their job and can get the ball moved quickly to our forward players then let them show us the pretty stuff. We’ve scored a few great goals now that have been a pleasure to watch. It doesn’t have to be 15 passes, I’m quite happy with a clever bit of wing play and a buried header thanks very much. Or a direct ball splitting the defence for a composed finish.

Two poor sides in that game, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Two poor sides in that game, methinks.
    And two poor sides last Saturday or better effort , and the two previous draws ?

I'd put money on us losing last night playing like we were before MM arrival .

I'd suggest it is the same team showing a better effort .

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Calling it Mick Ball is short sighted. We look a lot better under MM. Great goals last night.
    Exactly

Given the conditions, it was a good game to watch, whilst I would like to see a good young progressive coach in charge for next season, you can't take anything away from the performance last night, on another day, we could have scored 3-4 more with Morrison Moore and Murphy having really good opportunities as well as the blatant penalty we should have been given for the trip on Wilson.
    We looked good last night and MM is doing a decent job, long may it continue

Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And more importantly, infinitely better than the utter garbage that we had to suffer under Harris.

So what do we want :

Warnockball.
    Harrisball.
    Mickball.

No ball??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So what do we want :

Warnockball.
    Harrisball.
    Mickball.

No ball??
    Can’t have Bobby Ball....RIP

Who would have thought bringing Flint on when we were 2 down at Barnsley was the answer.

Well nice pretty passing is great

But for now we have started getting points on the board , and pulling away from a late season relegation scrap

Seize the day

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Who would have thought bringing Flint on when we were 2 down at Barnsley was the answer.
    Certainly think Flint has a 'spark '

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Certainly think Flint has a 'spark '
    If he gets red-carded would he be Flintoff ? (Sorry Freddie)

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well nice pretty passing is great

But for now we have started getting points on the board , and pulling away from a late season relegation scrap

Seize the day
    Did you enjoy Harris's pass to Ojo? Or was it too fancy for you? What about Ojo's finish? Should he have just belted it? Stroking the ball into the net is OK for Premier League fancy dans and continentals, but it's not for Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did you enjoy Harris's pass to Ojo? Or was it too fancy for you? What about Ojo's finish? Should he have just belted it? Stroking the ball into the net is OK for Premier League fancy dans and continentals, but it's not for Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We didn't bring him on. Flint has been in the side from the start of every game under McCarthy, it was Morrison who was brought on at Barnsley - we'd been awful before that.