+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Minutes of Supporters Meeting 3rd February

Minutes of Supporters Meeting 3rd February

Taken from the Trust website they make an interesting and concerning read. The club seem to be in a difficult position regarding the return of fans to the stadium. The difference between the English approach with 1m social distancing would mean a 30-35% capacity (13,000?) and the Welsh Government approach of 2m social distancing leading to a capacity of 2,500 which is not worth opening the stadium for. Consequently, no decisions on season ticket strategy yet ( sale of them will be "closer to summer" instead of the usual March). What will be the likelihood of return of fans to the stadium next season or even later this season ? Who knows ? No parachute payment next season of course.

https://www.ccfctrust.org/wp-content...ruary-2021.pdf

Re: Minutes of Supporters Meeting 3rd February

I'm sure the powerful Welsh Rugby inner sanctum and influences will get this fixed .

After further dialogue it became apparent that WG were going to insist on 2 metre social distancing inside
    stadia, whereas in the England following the Sports Ground Safety Authority (SGSA) guidance SG02 the often-used model is one metre plus mitigation. There are several regulations that must be followed including data capture for track and trace, completion of a medical questionnaire, agreeing to code of conduct, wearing a face mask.
    The Watford fan's report of our game before Christmas showed fans weren't wearing facemasks and weren't being asked to. If this example is true for all clubs in England, English clubs aren't meeting standards needed by the English model.

We will continue to push and think pressure will grow when supporters continue to return in England when case levels are what they were in Nov/Dec 2020.
    Haven't half the number of covid deaths (50,000ish) been recorded since mid November and therefore mostly transmitted in the time period being referenced here?

Football stadiums are probably one of the safer places, but it seems to be a conversation between one side who are being overly cautious and another who i) don't seem to have a good enough grasp of the pandemic (why not point out that we're moving away from winter and Wales leads the way in vaccines?) and some of their contemporaries haven't been good enough at enforcing the measures they've signed up. All while these businesses struggle on.

The problems last time stadia were opened was due to the fact people were not wearing masks and the fact only one stand was used meaning people were unable to socially distance.

I think with fans in stadiums we will end up with the same rules as England.

Probably fans next season with restrictions unless another variant becomes dominant and vaccine resistant.

The likelihood I reckon is if you dont get a ST you wont be watching live football for a long time.

Cant see away fans for a while either.

"These conversations were prior to Christmas and the national lockdown that we are currently in, so we think test events in Wales are likely to be March/April. Test events are likely to start at 1,000, going to 2,000 and hopefully increasing from there"

A lot has changed since then so its kind of redundant at this point isn't it? In reality its completely out of the club's hands, if the numbers in hospital are down we'll be going back, if not then we won't be watching Big Mick's boys winning the league next season

Surely anyone who's had a jab can go? We should all be done by August.

I can't see fans being allowed back this season or next

I think all mass gatherings are going to be out of the question for 18 months , maybe even more

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I can't see fans being allowed back this season or next

I think all mass gatherings are going to be out of the question for 18 months , maybe even more
    Why? If this vaccine works and the numbers in hospital decrease surely there's no reason for stopping these gatherings?

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why? If this vaccine works and the numbers in hospital decrease surely there's no reason for stopping these gatherings?
    Shhhh!! It's sludge's wishful thinking!!!