+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup

FA Cup

Everton v Tottenham just staring.
    No Bale, not even on the bench.

Re: FA Cup

Everton v Spurs, great game for the neutral this one.
    Spurs better side for over half an hour 1 nil up then concede 3 in seven minutes!
    Game you'd think should be over but Spurs get one back just before half time with another defensive error and have just equalised.

Jacks lost 1-3 to Citeh earlier, Wurzels just succumbed to Sheffield United 1 nil.

In case anyone's remotely interested

Edit:
    Richarlison 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    5-4 now
    End to end, plenty of chances and goals, if not great defending.

Serves Josè right not playing our Gareth

I wonder if the Spurs hierarchy are having second thoughts on appointing Mourinho yet? The evidence of recent years suggests it may be better to get rid of him early when things start going wrong because he was incapable of turning things around at Chelsea and Man United when that started to happen.

Tough on Everton drawing the mighty Man Citeh in the quarters.
    Good going forward but the way they are leaking goals, I don't hold out much hope for them.

Bournemouth will fancy their chances of progressing after drawing one of the "easier" sides left in Southampton.

Man U isn't a gimme as Leicester are a decent team.

Chelsea v Sheffield U or Barnsley is the other.

I'll go Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wonder if the Spurs hierarchy are having second thoughts on appointing Mourinho yet? The evidence of recent years suggests it may be better to get rid of him early when things start going wrong because he was incapable of turning things around at Chelsea and Man United when that started to happen.
    I really don't know why chairmen keep employing him.
    He's taken on an exciting team who were a whisker away from winning the biggest club trophy in football and in two years got them all fighting amongst themselves, reliant on one talisman, leaking goals with no identity and morale in the camp only going one way.

Actually Levy probably got what he deserves anyway by sacking Poch, arguably their best manager for a generation and a half.

This is going to be an interesting three way tie

"Chelsea v Sheffield U or Barnsley is the other"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is going to be an interesting three way tie

"Chelsea v Sheffield U or Barnsley is the other"

I got all the text correct, not necessarily in the right order

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I got all the text correct, not necessarily in the right order
    You sound like “Morecambe & Wise”

Barnsley should have been two up at half-time yesterday. Would have made second half a lot more interesting and the next round draw a lot more interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You sound like “Morecambe & Wise”

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Barnsley should have been two up at half-time yesterday. Would have made second half a lot more interesting and the next round draw a lot more interesting too.
    Didn't think I would but I enjoyed the game.
    I was impressed with how Barnsley took the game to Chelsea (or was it Sheffield U? ).
    They had more than a few chances to go ahead in the game and their fitness held out too.

Impressed with how Barnsley pressed for most of the match, getting two or 3 players around the ball.

A shame when they had the ball they often panicked.