+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bale not in Spurs squad....

Bale not in Spurs squad....

is he injured ?

International

Re: Bale not in Spurs squad....

No, he has a game of golf arranged, but don't tell anyone.

That’s just weird.....why would Spurs spend so much on a players wages and never play him?

Yeah it’s all a bit weird now. 20minutes here, the odd half there. Mourinho is really getting exposed with his negative tactics and Bale just dosn’t seem to fit into his defence minded system. They’ve been awful for a while now and same thing happening for Deli Ali. Another creative player being ignored. He was supposed to go to PSG but Levi blocked it so why keep them if they don’t play?
    Sad waste really and dosn’t help us in the slightest for Wales with the euros coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That’s just weird.....why would Spurs spend so much on a players wages and never play him?
    I think it's over for Bale, injuries have done for him and it looks like he's not that bothered about playing the game anymore, certainly at club level. Although i do think that Mourinho is-will use the Bale transfer as a way of defending himself when the inevitable happens. He'll say that the funds should've gone somewhere else, he didn't want Bale, Levy went over his head, blah, blah.

He's got there and they realised ZZ was right all the time?

He's finished at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    He's got there and they realised ZZ was right all the time?

He's finished at the top level.
    I don't think he was a Mourinho signing.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I don't think he was a Mourinho signing.
    Me either. I don't pay a lot of attention but my neighbour supports Spurs and I seem to remember him saying they'd not brought in a decent forward and it smacked of Levy bringing him back to appease some discontent.

Did Real still owe money on his move to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Me either. I don't pay a lot of attention but my neighbour supports Spurs and I seem to remember him saying they'd not brought in a decent forward and it smacked of Levy bringing him back to appease some discontent.

Did Real still owe money on his move to them?
    I've no idea on the details, but like you my mate is a Spurs fan and he's now convinced more then ever that Levy did it.

Not sure where he goes from here, probably best off in America or the Middle East. I can't see him finishing his contract with Madrid next season.
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 10-02-21 at 22:04. Reason: Spelling

Just hope this apparent dip doesn't tarnish his legacy with Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Just hope this apparent dip doesn't tarnish his legacy with Wales.
    He's been less than average for Wales for a long time already

People used to say that Whitts did not like football, I don't think that's true, but Bale has struck me as someone who's fallen out of love with the game based on what's happened with him at Real Madrid Spurs. To be more accurate, I'd say Bale has fallen out of love with club football because I still think he enjoys playing for his country, but the problem is that what is happening to him at his club is bound to impact on his performances for his country and I'd have very low expectations of what he could do in the Euros this summer if they go ahead - after that, I wouldn't rule out him retiring from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People used to say that Whitts did not like football, I don't think that's true, but Bale has struck me as someone who's fallen out of love with the game based on what's happened with him at Real Madrid Spurs. To be more accurate, I'd say Bale has fallen out of love with club football because I still think he enjoys playing for his country, but the problem is that what is happening to him at his club is bound to impact on his performances for his country and I'd have very low expectations of what he could do in the Euros this summer if they go ahead - after that, I wouldn't rule out him retiring from the game.
    There MIGHT be some truth in that, but to be fair he hasn't been given much game time when fit, which is not speculation but fact.

Regardless of attitude or workrate, the guy needs to be given a run of games to get his confidence up. ..... confidence in his abilities, confidence in his physical durability.

I'm pretty sure that part of this perception of him as being lazy or is uninterested comes from the fact he tries not to overexert himself in case he gets injured again.

It think it's just a fact for him that he can't be as full on in terms of workrate as he was in the past and is the type of guy who relies on moments of brilliance....which is something that goes against him in a modern game that relies on EVERYONE to be running 10km every game.

That said, I seem to remember him heading a ball off the line against Brighton.....so , he is not against putting in a defensive shift.

We need to to see him play 10 games in a row before judging his attitude. Until then it's just total speculation and (questionable) second hand info.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    There MIGHT be some truth in that, but to be fair he hasn't been given much game time when fit, which is not speculation but fact.

Regardless of attitude or workrate, the guy needs to be given a run of games to get his confidence up. ..... confidence in his abilities, confidence in his physical durability.

I'm pretty sure that part of this perception of him as being lazy or is uninterested comes from the fact he tries not to overexert himself in case he gets injured again.

It think it's just a fact for him that he can't be as full on in terms of workrate as he was in the past and is the type of guy who relies on moments of brilliance....which is something that goes against him in a modern game that relies on EVERYONE to be running 10km every game.

That said, I seem to remember him heading a ball off the line against Brighton.....so , he is not against putting in a defensive shift.

We need to to see him play 10 games in a row before judging his attitude. Until then it's just total speculation and (questionable) second hand info.
    If I were his manager, especially at a club like Spurs where managers come under pressure when the team is having a run like they currently are, there is no way I would give Bale ten games, you only need to see how he has jogged through his appearances with Spurs so far to see he’s not worth a place in the starting line up.

I don’t want to knock someone who is arguably Wales’ greatest ever footballer, but I can’t help thinking that attitudes towards him would be different if he wasn’t who he is.

If I were his manager, especially at a club like Spurs where managers come under pressure when the team is having a run like they currently are, there is no way I would give Bale ten games, you only need to see how he has jogged through his appearances with Spurs so far to see he’s not worth a place in the starting line up.

I don’t want to knock someone who is arguably Wales’ greatest ever footballer, but I can’t help thinking that attitudes towards him would be different if he wasn’t who he is.
    Agreed, he can do no wrong as far as Welsh football fans are concerned, and he's earnt that. Club football wise he seems to have given up. Easy to say that looking in though.

I have the same calf injury that he does and my confidence has gone running wise (granted he's got the best medical treatment in the world, but also I don't run anywhere near as fast or explosively as he does) 🤣

How many games have you seen him play ?

Brighton and West Ham ?

I saw him in the West Ham game and he looked a bit rusty , which is to be expected, but he was definitely trying.

As far as Brighton goes, spurs lost 1-0 . I didn't see the full 90. I saw him heading a ball off the line. What about the rest of the team ? Were they all impeccable ? Cmon......

I think his nationality is a moot point . Judging ANY player on the amount of game time that Bale has had is totally unfair. I don't see any discussion beyond that really. From my point of view, anything beyond that is just noise that is filling a void of info regarding his current situation.

Like any other player, he needs to be given a run of games, he needs to score, get some praise , get some confidence. These basics don't change just because you are (or have been until recently) one of the world most revered footballers.

If he was playing at a team like Everton under Ancelotti, he'd get game time and he would have scored 4 or 5 goals by now. I'm certain of that.

Deal , they manager didn't want and Madrid needed to move of the books for a while , I suspect , at least this exonerates Zidane.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Yeah it’s all a bit weird now. 20minutes here, the odd half there. Mourinho is really getting exposed with his negative tactics and Bale just dosn’t seem to fit into his defence minded system. They’ve been awful for a while now and same thing happening for Deli Ali. Another creative player being ignored. He was supposed to go to PSG but Levi blocked it so why keep them if they don’t play?
    Sad waste really and dosn’t help us in the slightest for Wales with the euros coming up.
    Negative tactics ? Did you see the Spurs game with Everton last night ?

Brighton and West Ham ?

I saw him in the West Ham game and he looked a bit rusty , which is to be expected, but he was definitely trying.

As far as Brighton goes, spurs lost 1-0 . I didn't see the full 90. I saw him heading a ball off the line. What about the rest of the team ? Were they all impeccable ? Cmon......

I think his nationality is a moot point . Judging ANY player on the amount of game time that Bale has had is totally unfair. I don't see any discussion beyond that really. From my point of view, anything beyond that is just noise that is filling a void of info regarding his current situation.

Like any other player, he needs to be given a run of games, he needs to score, get some praise , get some confidence. These basics don't change just because you are (or have been until recently) one of the world most revered footballers.

If he was playing at a team like Everton under Ancelotti, he'd get game time and he would have scored 4 or 5 goals by now. I'm certain of that.
    Im pretty certain Ancellotti wouldnt pick him.

He was utter crap the other night for Spurs.

Lacking in just about everything.

Brighton and West Ham ?

Those two, Marine. Stoke, a couple of Europa League matches (at least), Wycombe, Leicester, Liverpool - there's quite a few to choose from;-

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/p...layer_id=43700

and he has scored goals, but there's been no evidence of any progression in his performances, in fact it could be said they're getting worse.

There doesn't seem to be anger when he's withdrawn and he seems happy enough just to stay on the bench. I'm not being critical for the sake of it, but his attitude raises a lot of questions and any squad member at Spurs would surely be pissed off if Mourinho came out and announced Bale was getting a ten game run in the team because I can't see he's done anything to justify such special treatment since he's been at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Negative tactics ? Did you see the Spurs game with Everton last night ?
    And Chelsea to be fair scored for fun at times when winning Premiership under Jose

The few times I've watched him play at Spurs, don't know if it's just me, but I noticed that other players didn't seem to want to pass to him.

He's making runs, with no end product. Looks well pissed off, if you ask me.

I think the empty stadium thing has affected each player differently...

Bale has always struck me as someone that thrives off the support or pressure from critics.....

I think as hes Welsh and was a great player people are looking for excuses for him.

Hes a shadow of the player he was.

Cmon crowds are not the issue.

These things are usually down to a number of factors that feed off each other, not one reason.
    What we seem to have is a very talented player, who is very much out of sorts, apparently lacking confidence and with fitness issues.
    All of this is going to have a psychological effect on Bale and the reported wage only exacerbates that. This might make it look like he doesn’t care or has an attitude problem, but given that he’s a man of few (public) words, I’d doubt that. I also think that Josh Murphy is - to some extent - going through a similar experience. I just don’t buy it that they don’t care - footballers have professional pride as well, although in truth, none of us actually know.
    I’m of a mind that a move to somewhere where the expectations are lower would benefit Bale, but time is not on his side.
    If only that place could be Cardiff City.