Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
There MIGHT be some truth in that, but to be fair he hasn't been given much game time when fit, which is not speculation but fact.

Regardless of attitude or workrate, the guy needs to be given a run of games to get his confidence up. ..... confidence in his abilities, confidence in his physical durability.

I'm pretty sure that part of this perception of him as being lazy or is uninterested comes from the fact he tries not to overexert himself in case he gets injured again.

It think it's just a fact for him that he can't be as full on in terms of workrate as he was in the past and is the type of guy who relies on moments of brilliance....which is something that goes against him in a modern game that relies on EVERYONE to be running 10km every game.

That said, I seem to remember him heading a ball off the line against Brighton.....so , he is not against putting in a defensive shift.

We need to to see him play 10 games in a row before judging his attitude. Until then it's just total speculation and (questionable) second hand info.
If I were his manager, especially at a club like Spurs where managers come under pressure when the team is having a run like they currently are, there is no way I would give Bale ten games, you only need to see how he has jogged through his appearances with Spurs so far to see he’s not worth a place in the starting line up.

I don’t want to knock someone who is arguably Wales’ greatest ever footballer, but I can’t help thinking that attitudes towards him would be different if he wasn’t who he is.